Udon Immigration office lately

General Udon Thani topics only!
Post Reply
User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 2127
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by semperfiguy » May 13, 2020, 11:46 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 13, 2020, 11:35 am
semperfiguy wrote:
May 13, 2020, 10:54 am
I didn't get any response to this post, so I will answer the question for myself.
Did you miss my reply just under your question? :?

But good to know of your success.
Sorry Sometimewoodworker, I was looking for replies with a definite yes or no, but I appreciate your response just the same. I generally have great confidence in your advice, so thanks for always being willing to help.


Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

daithic
udonmap.com
Posts: 52
Joined: July 9, 2013, 3:57 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by daithic » May 13, 2020, 3:25 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 13, 2020, 10:54 am
semperfiguy wrote:
May 12, 2020, 5:00 pm
Does anyone know if the Nong Bua Amphur is issuing the updated Kor Sor 2 (to satisfy the requirement of Udon Immigration for applications for extensions of stay for reason of marriage to a Thai) at this time? I've heard that some Amphurs are only providing limited services, so there is a chance that I will go there tomorrow and wait in a queue for half a day only to discover that they are not issuing the KS2 update at this time. I went there this morning and was turned away because the queue had reached its limit for the day, and nobody could tell me the answer to this question. A phone call to the Amphur is out of the question.
I didn't get any response to this post, so I will answer the question for myself. I went to the Nong Bua Amphur with my wife early this morning and queued up one hour before opening time which is supposed to be 8:30 AM. Even at that time we were number 45 in the queue. It was total chaos with no posted instructions outside about the process to get into the front door, so the wife was constantly going to staff to ask questions. Finally we were given a queue ticket and ushered inside to have a seat until our number was called in the Registration Department to the left as one enters the front door. It took only 10 minutes to secure an updated Kor Sor 2 (Registration of Marriage) to present to Immigration for my application for an annual extension of stay for reason of Marriage to a Thai National. The fee was only 10 baht and from start to finish was 1 hour 15 minutes, but just make sure you go early or you will be turned away after the queue reaches 100 in the morning and 50 people in the afternoon.
Hi Semperfiguy,
Do you know if this Kor Sor 2 needs to be done on the same day as your application for your annual extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai at Udon Immigration? If not, how far in advance do they deem acceptable?

User avatar
sgt
udonmap.com
Posts: 578
Joined: February 2, 2007, 9:39 am
Location: Udonthani, Thailand

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by sgt » May 13, 2020, 3:47 pm

Just a brief update. Amazing what having an attorney with one does. Not a hitch, not a glance. Around half way through the process he stood up and asked the lady if everything was going to be alright now, she said yes and he patted my on the shoulder and left. On the other hand, not the same atmosphere in there as it used to be. Not relaxed, nobody seems to be having fun like I've seen at times before. Still helpful aside from Capt. Prick. Plus a lot more work for the staff with all the new hoops for us to jump through. Yes, they have a hard job.

Btw khunpaul I was also a police officer for 10+ years. There were very few of us to cover thousands of square miles full of outlaws. Every service covered the other, including tribal police, except the sheriff's dept. who were criminals. Everybody was armed, my wife at the time went armed. Full of poachers, thieves, murderers, gang bangers, drug dealers, meth labs etc. During hunting season city folk that left their brains in the city. As the saying goes, no country for old men unless they were tough old men and believe me there were a few tough old cowboys up there. My wife and I had been shot at. Obviously whoever it was missed. Fortunately most people were polite but yea you always had a few. I'm sure you know of stacking charges, it happens. The jest of this is I'm well aware of what a day is like for a public servant and I always remember. I'm nice until somebody isn't nice to me.

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2153
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 13, 2020, 4:02 pm

daithic wrote:
May 13, 2020, 3:25 pm

Do you know if this Kor Sor 2 needs to be done on the same day as your application for your annual extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai at Udon Immigration? If not, how far in advance do they deem acceptable?
It doesn’t need to be the same day, that is only for the bank letter. A week before is completely OK. quiet possibly more than that.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1366
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by newtovillagelife » May 13, 2020, 4:25 pm

sgt wrote:
May 13, 2020, 3:47 pm
Just a brief update. Amazing what having an attorney with one does. Not a hitch, not a glance. Around half way through the process he stood up and asked the lady if everything was going to be alright now, she said yes and he patted my on the shoulder and left. On the other hand, not the same atmosphere in there as it used to be. Not relaxed, nobody seems to be having fun like I've seen at times before. Still helpful aside from Capt. Prick. Plus a lot more work for the staff with all the new hoops for us to jump through. Yes, they have a hard job.

Btw khunpaul I was also a police officer for 10+ years. There were very few of us to cover thousands of square miles full of outlaws. Every service covered the other, including tribal police, except the sheriff's dept. who were criminals. Everybody was armed, my wife at the time went armed. Full of poachers, thieves, murderers, gang bangers, drug dealers, meth labs etc. During hunting season city folk that left their brains in the city. As the saying goes, no country for old men unless they were tough old men and believe me there were a few tough old cowboys up there. My wife and I had been shot at. Obviously whoever it was missed. Fortunately most people were polite but yea you always had a few. I'm sure you know of stacking charges, it happens. The jest of this is I'm well aware of what a day is like for a public servant and I always remember. I'm nice until somebody isn't nice to me.
So can you recommend the lawyer, and how much did it cost you??

eagle
udonmap.com
Posts: 277
Joined: April 15, 2006, 4:10 pm
Location: Nong Na Kham, Udon Thani

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by eagle » May 13, 2020, 9:07 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 13, 2020, 4:02 pm
daithic wrote:
May 13, 2020, 3:25 pm

Do you know if this Kor Sor 2 needs to be done on the same day as your application for your annual extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai at Udon Immigration? If not, how far in advance do they deem acceptable?
It doesn’t need to be the same day, that is only for the bank letter. A week before is completely OK. quiet possibly more than that.
Phuket accepts 180 days, Udon last year two weeks, but this year only one week. Rule is RECENT. Main thing is that one from last extension is not valid. To help someone, Kor Ror 2 can be applied at any amphur, not from the closest one. If possible, one could visit amphur in a small district.

If not known, this is a good link to basics:
http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/marriage-m/

User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 2127
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by semperfiguy » May 13, 2020, 9:55 pm

daithic wrote:
May 13, 2020, 3:25 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
May 13, 2020, 10:54 am
semperfiguy wrote:
May 12, 2020, 5:00 pm
Does anyone know if the Nong Bua Amphur is issuing the updated Kor Sor 2 (to satisfy the requirement of Udon Immigration for applications for extensions of stay for reason of marriage to a Thai) at this time? I've heard that some Amphurs are only providing limited services, so there is a chance that I will go there tomorrow and wait in a queue for half a day only to discover that they are not issuing the KS2 update at this time. I went there this morning and was turned away because the queue had reached its limit for the day, and nobody could tell me the answer to this question. A phone call to the Amphur is out of the question.
I didn't get any response to this post, so I will answer the question for myself. I went to the Nong Bua Amphur with my wife early this morning and queued up one hour before opening time which is supposed to be 8:30 AM. Even at that time we were number 45 in the queue. It was total chaos with no posted instructions outside about the process to get into the front door, so the wife was constantly going to staff to ask questions. Finally we were given a queue ticket and ushered inside to have a seat until our number was called in the Registration Department to the left as one enters the front door. It took only 10 minutes to secure an updated Kor Sor 2 (Registration of Marriage) to present to Immigration for my application for an annual extension of stay for reason of Marriage to a Thai National. The fee was only 10 baht and from start to finish was 1 hour 15 minutes, but just make sure you go early or you will be turned away after the queue reaches 100 in the morning and 50 people in the afternoon.
Hi Semperfiguy,
Do you know if this Kor Sor 2 needs to be done on the same day as your application for your annual extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai at Udon Immigration? If not, how far in advance do they deem acceptable?

Daithic, according to the checklist given out by the Udon Immigration Office, it can't be older than one week before the date of application.
Attachments
Marriage Extension Checklist.PNG
Marriage Extension Checklist2.PNG
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4425
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by Khun Paul » May 14, 2020, 6:51 am

jackspratt wrote:
May 12, 2020, 7:59 pm
Your "inconsistency" never ceases to amaze, KP.

You are a constant critic of the RTP, based partly on their willingness to accept a "drink" in lieu of booking someone for DUI, or many other offences.

But when it comes to the Immo Police (part of the same gang), it is all sweetness and light, despite the fact the agent system is one giant rort. :-k
Yes I do criticise their actions on the street, BTW I have NEVER mentioned accepting a drink in lieu of booking anyone . I just stated I find it strange that after stopping someone for multiple offences that particular rider/driver is allowed to continue commit the same offences for which he was stopped thereby putting the REST of us at risk.

Office work it completely different and sadly if you do not see the difference then your remarks as usual are an attempt to criticise another poster without a single shred of evidence again.

dragonz
udonmap.com
Posts: 330
Joined: October 24, 2017, 8:29 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by dragonz » May 14, 2020, 8:36 am

eagle wrote:
May 13, 2020, 9:07 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 13, 2020, 4:02 pm
daithic wrote:
May 13, 2020, 3:25 pm

Do you know if this Kor Sor 2 needs to be done on the same day as your application for your annual extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai at Udon Immigration? If not, how far in advance do they deem acceptable?
It doesn’t need to be the same day, that is only for the bank letter. A week before is completely OK. quiet possibly more than that.
Phuket accepts 180 days, Udon last year two weeks, but this year only one week. Rule is RECENT. Main thing is that one from last extension is not valid. To help someone, Kor Ror 2 can be applied at any amphur, not from the closest one. If possible, one could visit amphur in a small district.

If not known, this is a good link to basics:
http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/marriage-m/
I was there on the 13 march, got my kor sor 2 weeks before but they refused it . Told me it had to be within the last 7 days even thought i read on a thai ministry website that it had to be within 30 days

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 11580
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by jackspratt » May 14, 2020, 8:36 am

"Drink" = bribe.

How much evidence of corruption do you need?

dragonz
udonmap.com
Posts: 330
Joined: October 24, 2017, 8:29 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by dragonz » May 14, 2020, 8:39 am

eagle wrote:
May 13, 2020, 9:07 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 13, 2020, 4:02 pm
daithic wrote:
May 13, 2020, 3:25 pm

Do you know if this Kor Sor 2 needs to be done on the same day as your application for your annual extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai at Udon Immigration? If not, how far in advance do they deem acceptable?
It doesn’t need to be the same day, that is only for the bank letter. A week before is completely OK. quiet possibly more than that.
Phuket accepts 180 days, Udon last year two weeks, but this year only one week. Rule is RECENT. Main thing is that one from last extension is not valid. To help someone, Kor Ror 2 can be applied at any amphur, not from the closest one. If possible, one could visit amphur in a small district.

If not known, this is a good link to basics:
http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/marriage-m/
What You Need to Prepare

To apply for your visa extension based on marriage to a Thai national, you need to prepare and submit the following:

Application form T.M. 7
1 photograph (4x6cm)
Copy of passport, especially Non-Immigrant visa and TM6 arrival/departure card
Visa extension fee 1900 THB
Copy of your marriage certificate (if married in another country, a letter of evidence is required from your embassy as well)
Copy of Kor Ror 2 (marriage registration or long tabian) from amphoe office, dated not older than 6 months from issue of copy
Children’s birth certificates (if applicable)
Copy of spouse’s house registration
Copy of spouse’s identity card
Proof of combined income of 40,000THB or over for the previous 3 months (income tax records PDN1. forms, pension documentation, proof of income through investments, work permit, etc.
taken from thailawonline web page so take your pick
https://thailawonline.com/en/others/imm ... riage.html

daithic
udonmap.com
Posts: 52
Joined: July 9, 2013, 3:57 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by daithic » May 14, 2020, 12:20 pm

dragonz wrote:
May 14, 2020, 8:39 am
eagle wrote:
May 13, 2020, 9:07 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 13, 2020, 4:02 pm
daithic wrote:
May 13, 2020, 3:25 pm

Do you know if this Kor Sor 2 needs to be done on the same day as your application for your annual extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai at Udon Immigration? If not, how far in advance do they deem acceptable?
It doesn’t need to be the same day, that is only for the bank letter. A week before is completely OK. quiet possibly more than that.
Phuket accepts 180 days, Udon last year two weeks, but this year only one week. Rule is RECENT. Main thing is that one from last extension is not valid. To help someone, Kor Ror 2 can be applied at any amphur, not from the closest one. If possible, one could visit amphur in a small district.

If not known, this is a good link to basics:
http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/marriage-m/
What You Need to Prepare

To apply for your visa extension based on marriage to a Thai national, you need to prepare and submit the following:

Application form T.M. 7
1 photograph (4x6cm)
Copy of passport, especially Non-Immigrant visa and TM6 arrival/departure card
Visa extension fee 1900 THB
Copy of your marriage certificate (if married in another country, a letter of evidence is required from your embassy as well)
Copy of Kor Ror 2 (marriage registration or long tabian) from amphoe office, dated not older than 6 months from issue of copy
Children’s birth certificates (if applicable)
Copy of spouse’s house registration
Copy of spouse’s identity card
Proof of combined income of 40,000THB or over for the previous 3 months (income tax records PDN1. forms, pension documentation, proof of income through investments, work permit, etc.
taken from thailawonline web page so take your pick
https://thailawonline.com/en/others/imm ... riage.html
Thank you, but I am not attempting to extend a visa based on marriage. I am attempting to get my first Non-Imm 'O' visa (90 days) based on marriage to a Thai in-country as it is impossible to go to Laos to apply at the Thai Consulate right now. Similar requirements, I believe, but not exactly the same.

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2153
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 14, 2020, 12:30 pm

daithic wrote:
May 14, 2020, 12:20 pm


Thank you, but I am not attempting to extend a visa based on marriage. I am attempting to get my first Non-Imm 'O' visa (90 days) based on marriage to a Thai in-country as it is impossible to go to Laos to apply at the Thai Consulate right now. Similar requirements, I believe, but not exactly the same.
D60A3076-527C-496D-A71F-DC77D2FC2FBB.png
30BF9745-C45A-42DE-9170-2D05A37556FC.png
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

daithic
udonmap.com
Posts: 52
Joined: July 9, 2013, 3:57 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by daithic » May 14, 2020, 12:49 pm

Thank you, STWW

dragonz
udonmap.com
Posts: 330
Joined: October 24, 2017, 8:29 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by dragonz » May 14, 2020, 6:23 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 14, 2020, 12:30 pm
daithic wrote:
May 14, 2020, 12:20 pm


Thank you, but I am not attempting to extend a visa based on marriage. I am attempting to get my first Non-Imm 'O' visa (90 days) based on marriage to a Thai in-country as it is impossible to go to Laos to apply at the Thai Consulate right now. Similar requirements, I believe, but not exactly the same.
D60A3076-527C-496D-A71F-DC77D2FC2FBB.png
30BF9745-C45A-42DE-9170-2D05A37556FC.png
daithic wrote: ↑May 13, 2020, 3:25 pm

Do you know if this Kor Sor 2 needs to be done on the same day as your application for your annual extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai at Udon Immigration? If not, how far in advance do they deem acceptable?
Then why did you write this i am confused

User avatar
Stantheman
udonmap.com
Posts: 1163
Joined: February 9, 2009, 3:33 am
Location: USA (For Now)

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by Stantheman » May 15, 2020, 5:47 am

How do you go about getting item 6.3 in above regulation

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2153
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 15, 2020, 5:57 am

Stantheman wrote:
May 15, 2020, 5:47 am
How do you go about getting item 6.3 in above regulation
It may only relevant if married outside Thailand, however it looks like a birth certificate (or document from a birth certificate) to me but that is an item to ask immigration about.

A possible problem is that many embassies have severely cut back on consular services.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 2127
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by semperfiguy » May 15, 2020, 8:58 am

Stantheman wrote:
May 15, 2020, 5:47 am
How do you go about getting item 6.3 in above regulation

Stantheman, I have read recently, but can't remember where, that this document(s) is described as the "Affidavit of Freedom to Marry" and/or the "Affidavit of Acknowledgment of Divorce" which is executed at your home country embassy/consulate in Thailand and certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. These forms were required if married in Thailand before you could proceed to register your marriage at a local Amphur. They would indicate that you are single and were free to marry in Thailand.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2153
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 15, 2020, 10:05 am

semperfiguy wrote:
May 15, 2020, 8:58 am
Stantheman wrote:
May 15, 2020, 5:47 am
How do you go about getting item 6.3 in above regulation

Stantheman, I have read recently, but can't remember where, that this document(s) is described as the "Affidavit of Freedom to Marry" and/or the "Affidavit of Acknowledgment of Divorce" which is executed at your home country embassy/consulate in Thailand and certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. These forms were required if married in Thailand before you could proceed to register your marriage at a local Amphur. They would indicate that you are single and were free to marry in Thailand.
That is item 6.1.3
A copy of letter certifying marital status before registration of marriage (a copy of letter certifying that the applicant is single) (In absence of such letter, a copy thereof can be obtained from the District Office where the marriage was registered.)
Not 6.3
Letter from a government office, embassy or consulate, certifying that the applicant is a member of the referred family
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 2127
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by semperfiguy » May 15, 2020, 10:45 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 15, 2020, 10:05 am
semperfiguy wrote:
May 15, 2020, 8:58 am
Stantheman wrote:
May 15, 2020, 5:47 am
How do you go about getting item 6.3 in above regulation

Stantheman, I have read recently, but can't remember where, that this document(s) is described as the "Affidavit of Freedom to Marry" and/or the "Affidavit of Acknowledgment of Divorce" which is executed at your home country embassy/consulate in Thailand and certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. These forms were required if married in Thailand before you could proceed to register your marriage at a local Amphur. They would indicate that you are single and were free to marry in Thailand.
That is item 6.1.3
A copy of letter certifying marital status before registration of marriage (a copy of letter certifying that the applicant is single) (In absence of such letter, a copy thereof can be obtained from the District Office where the marriage was registered.)
Not 6.3
Letter from a government office, embassy or consulate, certifying that the applicant is a member of the referred family
You're absolutely right STWW! I totally overlooked that. My eyes just didn't catch it, so sorry about that.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”