Udon Immigration office lately

General Udon Thani topics only!
Post Reply
User avatar
Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com
Posts: 574
Joined: August 31, 2010, 11:49 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by Wee Jimmy » May 15, 2020, 1:53 pm

sgt wrote:
May 13, 2020, 3:47 pm
Just a brief update. Amazing what having an attorney with one does. Not a hitch, not a glance. Around half way through the process he stood up and asked the lady if everything was going to be alright now, she said yes and he patted my on the shoulder and left. On the other hand, not the same atmosphere in there as it used to be. Not relaxed, nobody seems to be having fun like I've seen at times before. Still helpful aside from Capt. Prick. Plus a lot more work for the staff with all the new hoops for us to jump through. Yes, they have a hard job.

Btw khunpaul I was also a police officer for 10+ years. There were very few of us to cover thousands of square miles full of outlaws. Every service covered the other, including tribal police, except the sheriff's dept. who were criminals. Everybody was armed, my wife at the time went armed. Full of poachers, thieves, murderers, gang bangers, drug dealers, meth labs etc. During hunting season city folk that left their brains in the city. As the saying goes, no country for old men unless they were tough old men and believe me there were a few tough old cowboys up there. My wife and I had been shot at. Obviously whoever it was missed. Fortunately most people were polite but yea you always had a few. I'm sure you know of stacking charges, it happens. The jest of this is I'm well aware of what a day is like for a public servant and I always remember. I'm nice until somebody isn't nice to me.
With all your alleged and past experience why have an attorney with you????



dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1397
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by dunroaming » May 15, 2020, 4:42 pm

Wee Jimmy wrote:
May 15, 2020, 1:53 pm
sgt wrote:
May 13, 2020, 3:47 pm
Just a brief update. Amazing what having an attorney with one does. Not a hitch, not a glance. Around half way through the process he stood up and asked the lady if everything was going to be alright now, she said yes and he patted my on the shoulder and left. On the other hand, not the same atmosphere in there as it used to be. Not relaxed, nobody seems to be having fun like I've seen at times before. Still helpful aside from Capt. Prick. Plus a lot more work for the staff with all the new hoops for us to jump through. Yes, they have a hard job.

Btw khunpaul I was also a police officer for 10+ years. There were very few of us to cover thousands of square miles full of outlaws. Every service covered the other, including tribal police, except the sheriff's dept. who were criminals. Everybody was armed, my wife at the time went armed. Full of poachers, thieves, murderers, gang bangers, drug dealers, meth labs etc. During hunting season city folk that left their brains in the city. As the saying goes, no country for old men unless they were tough old men and believe me there were a few tough old cowboys up there. My wife and I had been shot at. Obviously whoever it was missed. Fortunately most people were polite but yea you always had a few. I'm sure you know of stacking charges, it happens. The jest of this is I'm well aware of what a day is like for a public servant and I always remember. I'm nice until somebody isn't nice to me.
With all your alleged and past experience why have an attorney with you????
How much was the Attorney

Sam1925
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: March 18, 2019, 2:59 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by Sam1925 » May 15, 2020, 8:56 pm

In my earlier days, when I went to Immigration in Nong Ki (sp) there were two ladies and I remember one day when I was extending my married visa both of the ladies stated "What about a tip". I knew it was coming since I heard them say this to 2 other guys before me.
I stated no, you are paid to do a job and there is no tip involved in your job. Tips are paid for outstanding performance and not for approving my marriage visa.
So, I took myself up stairs and the wife and I had a long chat with the Col in charge and low and behold the next year the ladies where no longer working in the office. They were assigned the Laos border :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never heard from them again, and never went over to Laos again.

dragonz
udonmap.com
Posts: 426
Joined: October 24, 2017, 8:29 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by dragonz » May 16, 2020, 7:06 am

how the ef is my post off topic . this is what that guy daithic posted

Hi Semperfiguy,
Do you know if this Kor Sor 2 needs to be done on the same day as your application for your annual extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai at Udon Immigration? If not, how far in advance do they deem acceptable?

i then replied and he then posted this

Thank you, but I am not attempting to extend a visa based on marriage. I am attempting to get my first Non-Imm 'O' visa (90 days) based on marriage to a Thai in-country as it is impossible to go to Laos to apply at the Thai Consulate right now. Similar requirements, I believe, but not exactly the same.
I was right he did ask about marraige extension

User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 2183
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by semperfiguy » May 18, 2020, 7:32 pm

Went to Udon Immigration this morning to apply for my annual extension of stay which originated from a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa in 2010. I changed it from an extension for reason of "Retirement" to "Marriage to a Thai National", thus avoiding the need to show proof of health insurance. The cost for the extension was only 2500 rather than just 1900 for the single entry Retirement extension, but well worth the extra expense considering I saved a hefty sum from not having to pay those ridiculous premiums for a local Thai insurance product. I had to provide a few extra photos and documents, and sign several of the copies, but the process is not near as bad as some people claim it to be. On an even more positive note, I was expecting some unwarranted flak from the director, Captain Aekkachai, but he was exceptionally cordial, polite and accommodating, and the experience was altogether fairly pleasant and hassle free. I suppose he is mellowing out, so I have nothing but praise for the fellow. He treated both myself and my wife with dignity and respect, we reciprocated as usual, and we both left there pleasantly surprised and extremely grateful. Udon Immigration is the best!!!!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 11907
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by jackspratt » May 18, 2020, 7:42 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 18, 2020, 7:32 pm
Went to Udon Immigration this morning to apply for my annual extension of stay which originated from a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa in 2010. I changed it from an extension for reason of "Retirement" to "Marriage to a Thai National", thus avoiding the need to show proof of health insurance. The cost for the extension was only 2500 rather than just 1900 for the single entry Retirement extension,..........
sfg, was there any explanation for this apparent TBH600 premium on top of the normal prescribed fee of TBH1900?

Did they issue a receipt, and if so, for how much?

I ask because I may well be going down the same path in a couple of months.

User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 2183
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by semperfiguy » May 18, 2020, 8:06 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 18, 2020, 7:42 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
May 18, 2020, 7:32 pm
Went to Udon Immigration this morning to apply for my annual extension of stay which originated from a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa in 2010. I changed it from an extension for reason of "Retirement" to "Marriage to a Thai National", thus avoiding the need to show proof of health insurance. The cost for the extension was only 2500 rather than just 1900 for the single entry Retirement extension,..........
sfg, was there any explanation for this apparent TBH600 premium on top of the normal prescribed fee of TBH1900?

Did they issue a receipt, and if so, for how much?

I ask because I may well be going down the same path in a couple of months.
Jackspratt, I had my envelope ready with the 1900 Baht fee and was taken back when the good Captain informed my wife about the 2500 Baht. I am quite sure there is no additional fee required, but things were going so well that I didn't want to make any waves. I was pretty sure it was just an extra tip. No receipt was voluntarily given and I didn't ask for one. I just wanted out of there without any hitches.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 11907
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by jackspratt » May 18, 2020, 8:12 pm

Understand and appreciate where you are coming from, sfg. TBH600 is a lot cheaper than the shonky, illegal agent fees.

Was there even a receipt for the TBH1900?

User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 2183
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by semperfiguy » May 18, 2020, 8:18 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 18, 2020, 8:12 pm
Understand and appreciate where you are coming from, sfg. TBH600 is a lot cheaper than the shonky, illegal agent fees.

Was there even a receipt for the TBH1900?


Nope!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6921
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by tamada » May 18, 2020, 10:32 pm

Still vermin.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3415
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by saint » May 19, 2020, 7:49 am

semperfiguy wrote:
May 18, 2020, 7:32 pm
Went to Udon Immigration this morning to apply for my annual extension of stay which originated from a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa in 2010. I changed it from an extension for reason of "Retirement" to "Marriage to a Thai National", thus avoiding the need to show proof of health insurance. The cost for the extension was only 2500 rather than just 1900 for the single entry Retirement extension, but well worth the extra expense considering I saved a hefty sum from not having to pay those ridiculous premiums for a local Thai insurance product. I had to provide a few extra photos and documents, and sign several of the copies, but the process is not near as bad as some people claim it to be. On an even more positive note, I was expecting some unwarranted flak from the director, Captain Aekkachai, but he was exceptionally cordial, polite and accommodating, and the experience was altogether fairly pleasant and hassle free. I suppose he is mellowing out, so I have nothing but praise for the fellow. He treated both myself and my wife with dignity and respect, we reciprocated as usual, and we both left there pleasantly surprised and extremely grateful. Udon Immigration is the best!!!!
Same thing happened to me a few years ago . Extra 500 to change from retirement to marriage visa . so its been going on for ever , and is very likely to continue . Much like the licence letters .
Its annoying to be forced to pay for a service that should in fact be free , as far as im aware .
But theyve pretty much got you by the family jewels as it were , and they know that , hence no receipt .
Its a nice little earner for them ,and to be honest , cheap at the price to save a lot of hassle , but it still grates on me , that im put in a position that takes me not only outside of my comfort zone , but also outside of the law .

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2349
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 19, 2020, 8:34 am

semperfiguy wrote:
May 18, 2020, 8:06 pm
Jackspratt, I had my envelope ready with the 1900 Baht fee and was taken back when the good Captain informed my wife about the 2500 Baht. I am quite sure there is no additional fee required, but things were going so well that I didn't want to make any waves. I was pretty sure it was just an extra tip. No receipt was voluntarily given and I didn't ask for one. I just wanted out of there without any hitches.
I went there yesterday, as I had to go to Udon anyway, to sort the interesting “7 day” 90 day report situation. My passport was collected and returned while I sat reasonably comfortably outside.

The officer, Google’s translation is Pol.Gen. Songrit Chaisritha (the name is a correct translation but I’m not so sure about the rank) who does the approvals for the online 90 day reporting seems more pleasant than Captain Aekkachai. He went out of his way to make sure I understood (I already did) that I needed to come back next month.

You are correct about the cost and that the extra is not a regular fee.

Is your report back date 30 days from the expiration of your current extension or is it June 17th?
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 2183
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by semperfiguy » May 19, 2020, 10:38 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 19, 2020, 8:34 am
semperfiguy wrote:
May 18, 2020, 8:06 pm
Jackspratt, I had my envelope ready with the 1900 Baht fee and was taken back when the good Captain informed my wife about the 2500 Baht. I am quite sure there is no additional fee required, but things were going so well that I didn't want to make any waves. I was pretty sure it was just an extra tip. No receipt was voluntarily given and I didn't ask for one. I just wanted out of there without any hitches.
I went there yesterday, as I had to go to Udon anyway, to sort the interesting “7 day” 90 day report situation. My passport was collected and returned while I sat reasonably comfortably outside.

The officer, Google’s translation is Pol.Gen. Songrit Chaisritha (the name is a correct translation but I’m not so sure about the rank) who does the approvals for the online 90 day reporting seems more pleasant than Captain Aekkachai. He went out of his way to make sure I understood (I already did) that I needed to come back next month.

You are correct about the cost and that the extra is not a regular fee.

Is your report back date 30 days from the expiration of your current extension or is it June 17th?
STWW, my report back date is 30 days from yesterday which is the day after my current extension expires on June17th. Your correct...this officer, Songrit Chaisritha, is always very respectful and gives loads of smiles. Never had a problem with him. I do most of my 90 day reports online, but the few times I go into the office for the report he always takes great pride in informing me that he was the one to approve my online 90 day reports. Good guy!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Somchai499
udonmap.com
Posts: 75
Joined: February 6, 2012, 12:35 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by Somchai499 » May 19, 2020, 12:37 pm

I switched from extension based on retirement to one based on marriage in June 2019. The fee was THB1900 and a receipt was given.

User avatar
maaka
udonmap.com
Posts: 3094
Joined: October 9, 2007, 6:03 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by maaka » May 19, 2020, 1:25 pm

Oyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii who is the new shapely babe at the desk by the door in there yesterday..

samuel
udonmap.com
Posts: 584
Joined: July 31, 2014, 11:00 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by samuel » May 19, 2020, 4:52 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 18, 2020, 7:32 pm
Went to Udon Immigration this morning to apply for my annual extension of stay which originated from a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa in 2010. I changed it from an extension for reason of "Retirement" to "Marriage to a Thai National", thus avoiding the need to show proof of health insurance....
congrats to you for a successful experience.
IMHO the extension of temporary stay in the kingdom of Thailand based on retirement or marriage to a thai citizen hasn't anything legally to do with the mandatory health insurance for holders of visa type O-A.
i thought changing extension of stay from retirement to marriage doesn't qualify not to have health insurance - as long as you are still running on visa type O-A.
the visa type on which one once entered the kingdom years ago remains the same. and since to visa was used it became invalid/expired.
so it's new to me to learn that udon immigration can change visa types.
i just wonder how they do it.
would be nice to see a picture from the new visa type "O" in your passport….
;)

User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 2183
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by semperfiguy » May 19, 2020, 5:09 pm

samuel wrote:
May 19, 2020, 4:52 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
May 18, 2020, 7:32 pm
Went to Udon Immigration this morning to apply for my annual extension of stay which originated from a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa in 2010. I changed it from an extension for reason of "Retirement" to "Marriage to a Thai National", thus avoiding the need to show proof of health insurance....
congrats to you for a successful experience.
IMHO the extension of temporary stay in the kingdom of Thailand based on retirement or marriage to a thai citizen hasn't anything legally to do with the mandatory health insurance for holders of visa type O-A.
i thought changing extension of stay from retirement to marriage doesn't qualify not to have health insurance - as long as you are still running on visa type O-A.
the visa type on which one once entered the kingdom years ago remains the same. and since to visa was used it became invalid/expired.
so it's new to me to learn that udon immigration can change visa types.
i just wonder how they do it.
would be nice to see a picture from the new visa type "O" in your passport….
;)

Samuel, they're actually not changing the visa type to an "O". They are simply changing your reason to request the extension of stay which originated from a Non-Immigrant O-A from a reason of Retirement to a reason of Marriage to a Thai National. To my knowledge one has always been able to do that here at Udon Immigration, and from reading the Thai-Visa Forum lately I see that it is a customary arrangement at most offices in Thailand. As of now there is no requirement to show proof of the mandatory health insurance if the extension is granted for reason of Marriage to a Thai National, but is still a requirement for the extension for reason of Retirement. By the same token, the financial requirement moves from 800,000 Baht on deposit and seasoned for two months prior to the application date to only 400,000 with a two month seasoning requirement. I never look a gift horse in the mouth, so if they want to grant me this privilege, then I will take it with a big "thank you"! All marriage extensions are stamped "under consideration for 30 days, and as I understand it the paperwork is sent to an Immigration Office in Khon Kaen for final approval, so I am to report back on June 18th for a stamp of final approval in my Passport. Someone from Immigration will be visiting my home this week, so that is one reason why they need an "under consideration" period. I can't think of any reason why I would be denied the final stamp.
Last edited by semperfiguy on May 19, 2020, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2349
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 19, 2020, 5:19 pm

samuel wrote:
May 19, 2020, 4:52 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
May 18, 2020, 7:32 pm
Went to Udon Immigration this morning to apply for my annual extension of stay which originated from a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa in 2010. I changed it from an extension for reason of "Retirement" to "Marriage to a Thai National", thus avoiding the need to show proof of health insurance....
congrats to you for a successful experience.
IMHO the extension of temporary stay in the kingdom of Thailand based on retirement or marriage to a thai citizen hasn't anything legally to do with the mandatory health insurance for holders of visa type O-A.
i thought changing extension of stay from retirement to marriage doesn't qualify not to have health insurance - as long as you are still running on visa type O-A.
the visa type on which one once entered the kingdom years ago remains the same. and since to visa was used it became invalid/expired.
so it's new to me to learn that udon immigration can change visa types.
i just wonder how they do it.
would be nice to see a picture from the new visa type "O" in your passport….
;)
No immigration office can change a visa type.

The health insurance requirement is only for those extending from an original OA visa for the purpose of retirement under section 2.22 It specifically and only refers to that subsection in police order 548/2562

Marriage is 2.18

It has never been a blanket requirement for extensions from an OA visa
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

User avatar
sgt
udonmap.com
Posts: 579
Joined: February 2, 2007, 9:39 am
Location: Udonthani, Thailand

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by sgt » May 20, 2020, 1:03 am

Wee Jimmy, because I'm not stupid. It was apparent that Capt. Prick was going to keep causing trouble for me. This is Thailand, not the states. I have no experience with courts, immigration problems or law enforcement here.

My attorney is handling my divorce and no extra fee, he volunteered.

samuel
udonmap.com
Posts: 584
Joined: July 31, 2014, 11:00 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by samuel » May 20, 2020, 10:24 am

my wife got her Kor Ror 22 yesterday at the civil registration office at nong prajak and she had to pay a whopping ….. 10 baht fee.
1 hour due to many people there but no big deal - just blue house book and ID needed.
\:D/

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”