Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by pal52 » June 30, 2020, 4:22 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
June 30, 2020, 4:13 pm
pal52 wrote:
June 30, 2020, 3:53 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
June 30, 2020, 3:45 pm
Phone the Thai Immigration hotline and explain your situation.

Or if you are mobile, move to another province.
Thanks a lot ars..hole
Not sure that is warranted, if I could move to another province I would have done so years ago. I have had many run ins with Udon Immigration over the years and refuse to deal with them now. I actually very much feel sorry for the stressful, and frustrating situation you are in. They have screwed me over many times.
I did not have a run in with Immigration.
My visa extension was granted no problem. I was seeking advice if anyone who had a Non Thai wife had been through the same problem and did they get the marriage authenticated by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Like I said I though the only requirement for authentication was if you were actually married in Thailand such as at an Ampur Office.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 30, 2020, 4:26 pm

pal52 wrote:
June 30, 2020, 4:22 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
June 30, 2020, 4:13 pm
pal52 wrote:
June 30, 2020, 3:53 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
June 30, 2020, 3:45 pm
Phone the Thai Immigration hotline and explain your situation.

Or if you are mobile, move to another province.
Thanks a lot ars..hole
Not sure that is warranted, if I could move to another province I would have done so years ago. I have had many run ins with Udon Immigration over the years and refuse to deal with them now. I actually very much feel sorry for the stressful, and frustrating situation you are in. They have screwed me over many times.
I did not have a run in with Immigration.
My visa extension was granted no problem. I was seeking advice if anyone who had a Non Thai wife had been through the same problem and did they get the marriage authenticated by Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Like I said I though the only requirement for authentication was if you were actually married in Thailand such as at an Ampur Office.
That young guy you are talking about is giving you a hard time, he butted in on my last visit just as things were going through, and made me jump through another hoop. They can make up things as they see fit, and you are helpless.
Good Luck, but you may very well have to do what he told you or try and pop in when he is not present.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 30, 2020, 5:58 pm

pal52 wrote:
June 30, 2020, 3:35 pm

My wife was refused an extension as the person above wanted the Marraige certificate authenticated by the Indonesian Embassy. She is Indonesian.
I told him they would not do this as the Document was Stamped by the Indonesia Govt and was an official Document.
I had the original with me.

He then said I needed to get it approved by the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok.
I thought that you only needed this done if you married in Thailand.

Maybe Sometimewoodworker can confirm this with his Knowledge of Immigration rules.
You have been lucky in the past but it looks as if Udon is following the correct process now.

Immigration is correct and depending on the language that the marriage certificate is in it probably will need to be translated into Thai also.

I don’t remember the exact procedure but, the certificate must be Legalised/apostilled by the embassy or it may need to go to Indonesia for that, you may also need your birth certificates done as well then both translated into Thai along with your passport and probably your wife’s as well then that gets approved by the MoFA, you must register the marriage at the local Amper/Ket and get a KR22, immigration will want that as well.

You should contact the embassy of the country in which you married as that is probably where the documents need to go to, or they should have information on the process.

If it were the U.K. then the apostilled documents have to go to the Thai embassy in London to be legalised it can not be done in Thailand.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » June 30, 2020, 6:35 pm

Ok Thanks.
I have an appointment with a Visa agent tomorrow to see what can be done.
They have already indicated it could be done over the Internet.
Will see what happens tomorrow.

Like I said never a problem before and when we arrived in Thailand after being married I went to Immigration and asked what I had to do to put my wife on my Visa/Extension.
I did what they requested and never a problem for 9 years.

TIT

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 30, 2020, 7:24 pm

pal52 Said......I did what they requested and never a problem for 9 years......Been There, Done That,& Got the T-Shirt !!!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 1, 2020, 9:12 am

pal52 wrote:
June 30, 2020, 6:35 pm
Ok Thanks.
I have an appointment with a Visa agent tomorrow to see what can be done.
They have already indicated it could be done over the Internet.
Will see what happens tomorrow.

Like I said never a problem before and when we arrived in Thailand after being married I went to Immigration and asked what I had to do to put my wife on my Visa/Extension.
I did what they requested and never a problem for 9 years.

TIT
Let us know what happened with the Visa Agent.
Which Visa Agent did you use, and would you recommend them, I am going to need one soon, also. Thanks.

rick
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Immigration office lately - 90 second report

Post by rick » July 1, 2020, 11:54 pm

Went to do my 90 day report today. Waiting to the end of July with the amnesty maybe not a good idea as could be a bit of a backlog. 2.50 p.m, arrived, only customer, out in 90 seconds!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”