Send a letter back on Monday arrived at UK destination yesterday

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Sendiing Mail

Post by tamada » October 2, 2020, 9:08 pm

dunroaming wrote:
October 2, 2020, 8:29 pm
Send a letter back on Monday arrived at UK destination yesterday
Four days? That's typical door-to-door courier times.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » October 3, 2020, 9:49 am

Ur right DHL, was hoping it was going to take longer as tracking system showed Monday for delivery, never mind time to go back to work getting closer. I expect it back in 2 week's then offski

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 3, 2020, 10:39 am

on the flip side, incoming post, my daughter sent us a package form the east coast in the States on the afternoon of the 23rd. It arrived in Bangkok on the 2nd.. USPS postal tracking shows it in Bangkok. Thai Post tracking shows it in the States dated the 27th... We'll see if it arrives here in Udon in the next couple of days..
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 3, 2020, 5:27 pm

dunroaming wrote:
October 3, 2020, 9:49 am
Ur right DHL, was hoping it was going to take longer as tracking system showed Monday for delivery, never mind time to go back to work getting closer. I expect it back in 2 week's then offski
If you need something from UK a bit quicker, use the DHL office address on Udondutsadi as the receiving address but use your contact phone number. It arrives from the UK via Bangkok on day #4, they call and you go collect it with your ID. Otherwise wait for day #5 and a phone call from a driver asking where you live. Handy if something got sent on a Tuesday and you need it in your hand before the weekend. I used to do this with DHL in Pattaya as well to save the grief of explaining where I live and not being in the pub!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 3, 2020, 10:23 pm

I sent a small box containing six bottles of pills to a Thai friend in late August via regular US postal service. Cost $25. Arrived in Udon mid Sept

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » October 4, 2020, 5:24 pm

parrot wrote:
October 3, 2020, 10:23 pm
I sent a small box containing six bottles of pills to a Thai friend in late August via regular US postal service. Cost $25. Arrived in Udon mid Sept
I sent a package to daughter's friend in Udon. It was stuck in Chicago international mail area for 5 or 6 days. Then Bangkok for 3 days

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 6, 2020, 12:17 pm

well my inbound package from the States tracks to Udon's Post Office yesterday afternoon and Thai EMS tracking says it is out for delivery.. Should be hearing a "beep beep" of a postal motocycle here shortly..
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 6, 2020, 1:21 pm

"beep beep" a minute ago.. Package arrived. No customs issues, box not smashed, everything accounted for. Mailed out 09/23 at 2:39PM from North Carolina and arrived here 10/06 at 1:15PM. 13 days? Not bad, with the biggest lag being from NYC international departure and getting into Taipei 4 days later and Thailand last Saturday.... Second time this year we've had a box shipped 50cmX50cmX50cm weighing 4 kilos..
Dave

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » October 7, 2020, 7:17 am

Last Friday (02/10/20) I Posted my Life Certificate off to Department of Works and Pensions, Great Britain via :"EMS WORLD THAILAND (Central Plaza). Have been tracking it ever since latest position "Final Delivery". 03/10/2020. Can this be the case? Better give Pension People a call!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » October 10, 2020, 4:57 pm

tamada wrote:
October 3, 2020, 5:27 pm
dunroaming wrote:
October 3, 2020, 9:49 am
If you need something from UK a bit quicker, use the DHL office address on Udondutsadi as the receiving address but use your contact phone number. It arrives from the UK via Bangkok on day #4, they call and you go collect it with your ID. Otherwise wait for day #5 and a phone call from a driver asking where you live. Handy if something got sent on a Tuesday and you need it in your hand before the weekend. I used to do this with DHL in Pattaya as well to save the grief of explaining where I live and not being in the pub!
Good idea but in no hurry to receive my passport back as flights will be arranged as soon as I get it. Seems flights that used to take 10 hours are now taking up to 36 with many stop's in-between

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 11, 2020, 10:36 am

goodison wrote:
October 7, 2020, 7:17 am
Last Friday (02/10/20) I Posted my Life Certificate off to Department of Works and Pensions, Great Britain via :"EMS WORLD THAILAND (Central Plaza). Have been tracking it ever since latest position "Final Delivery". 03/10/2020. Can this be the case? Better give Pension People a call!
No point calling them they are operating a restricted service and enquires re Life Certs is not on their list.
But you can send Email using their site fill in the details, and wait, I got a reply back some 3/4 days later confirming my cert had arrived and dealt with.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » October 11, 2020, 10:58 am

I sent a registered letter to the pension place in uk on the 26 sept with EMS posted at the main PO in phen> on tracking it did not leave phen until the 2 oct and was in swampy on the 3 oct . Now just says
Export from the outbound international exchange office
but sat in phen post office for a week

So posted on 26 sept . left PO on the 2 oct left swampy on 3 oct now in transit 11 oct . Not too good has my marraige certificate in it so i hope does not get lost . cost 180 baht

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » October 11, 2020, 11:23 am

Thanks Khun Paul. I did send off an enquiry using their form on their website, they reckon it can take up to 10 days to reply, we're at day 2 now so fingers crossed

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » October 12, 2020, 10:37 am

Hi does anyone know if ems thai post tracking tracks the item when i has left thailand ? My letter was at the airport on the 3rd oct and no update since ?

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 12, 2020, 6:20 pm

dragonz wrote:
October 12, 2020, 10:37 am
Hi does anyone know if ems thai post tracking tracks the item when i has left thailand ? My letter was at the airport on the 3rd oct and no update since ?
I've used it a few times to the U.S. What seems to be happening is that when it leaves Thailand, the information is no longer available on the Thai post office site. However, when it arrives in the U.S., the info becomes available on the U.S. post office site using the same tracking number.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 12, 2020, 6:20 pm

dragonz wrote:
I've used it a few times to the U.S. What seems to be happening is that when it leaves Thailand, the information is no longer updated on the Thai post office site. However, when it arrives in the U.S., the info becomes available on the U.S. post office site using the same tracking number.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 12, 2020, 8:35 pm

dragonz wrote:
In my experience, Thailand Post tracking will pick up on it once it has been received in the UK and logged into their tracking system. You can also check directly with the UK post tracking or the global EMS mail tracker using your Thai EMS number. I have seen stuff go "missing" for up to 11 days before showing up on tracking sites again but typically it's a 3 to 5 day hiatus.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » October 12, 2020, 8:43 pm

dragonz wrote:
I recently used EMS World from the Thai Post Office to send my absentee ballot to the U.S. I was able to track it all the way from here to its final destination. It took 11 days if I remember correctly. There was a period of time, perhaps 5 or 6 days, from the time it arrived in Bangkok until it arrived in the U.S., that the only information was that it was in transit. Actually I don't think it said in transit, but one day was in Bangkok and then 5-6 or so days later said it was in the U.S. The final update indicated that the mail had been picked up and signed for. I inquired to my election board and they verified receipt of the documents.

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » October 13, 2020, 7:45 am

As of yesterday 12/10/2020 I had not heard anything from the UK Pension people ref: the arrival of my Life Certificate Form, however, I did another trace and Track on the "EMS" website and that confirmed delivery of the letter along with the name of the recipient. That means it took 10 days from posting in "Central Plaza" to delivery at the Office in Wolverhampton. Not too shabby given the problems we are experiencing worldwide at this time with Covid19.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”