City Water

General Udon Thani topics only!
joepai
udonmap.com

Re: City Water

Post by joepai » July 14, 2020, 3:11 pm

vincemunday wrote:
July 14, 2020, 12:59 pm
Fa spoke to the water board, apparently there's a burst pipe in Chiam Phin and they're expecting problems for at least another day.
That is correct, and a major pipe at that - much of Udon is without

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 15, 2020, 4:18 am

Article from today's Thairath about the water break
https://www.thairath.co.th/news/local/northeast/1889303

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 15, 2020, 5:53 am

Routine maintenance had begun before this major pipe burst? I suspect that increases in pressure in some parts of the water supply and distribution system in an effort to ensure water supplies across the creaking, leaking network caused this breach. Note that they acknowledge that cracks were observed in another part of the pipe but they say they'll be able to fix that without cutting off the water running through it. I guess they'll be sticking a huge cement 'band-aid' sticking plaster on that with no plan to replace the actual damaged pipe... which will break again some time in the future when nobody can recall where or when the patch was made.

'twas ever thus

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 15, 2020, 12:07 pm

Just received 4000 liters of water courtesy of the Tessaban. Delivered by the Fire Department
Attachments
Water.jpg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 15, 2020, 1:00 pm

Our water at the apartments came back on at 19.00 yesterday.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » July 15, 2020, 1:51 pm

Water near Hansa back on - and very good pressure (for once)
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 16, 2020, 10:35 am

City water back on at my house.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 17, 2020, 6:36 am

just back from mi travels n saw this thread .. so Udon has had some serious water problems over the last few days pleased wasnt here as Nadee always seems to loose its water all the time.

My question is ..point being how many members run off just city water supply , Bore hole and or both .. imo anyone building or owning a property should plan the latter and go with both with storage tanks if at all possible ..costs for digging a well /bore hole are very reasonable and a good pump. My underground water when tested at Buriram uni came back as excellent quality as basically after the initial costs its free... City water isnt expensive circa 30bt PCM but there if needed..

As ever omo

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 17, 2020, 9:40 am

DM
Good to see you back.
Luckily not hiso enough to live in the city and out in the sticks we have to rely on village water feed.
No wells directly around here as water to salty near the lake.
Have total 9500 liter storage from the village.
Plus 10,000 liter rain water tank.
Recently dug a mini dam 20mtr x 1.8 x 3 mtr for grey water from the house, pool backwash and bypass rain from the roof when tank is full. Will be enough for the trees in drought time.
Just installing another 2 x 3,000 liter rain tank storage now.
During this rain period only have to transfer rain water to the house tanks from the rain tanks. Have not had to use the village water for more than 6 weeks.
Last water bill through our 2 meters was 60 bht.
Lot of water on trees and the garden required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 17, 2020, 11:25 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 17, 2020, 6:36 am
just back from mi travels n saw this thread .. so Udon has had some serious water problems over the last few days pleased wasnt here as Nadee always seems to loose its water all the time.

My question is ..point being how many members run off just city water supply , Bore hole and or both .. imo anyone building or owning a property should plan the latter and go with both with storage tanks if at all possible ..costs for digging a well /bore hole are very reasonable and a good pump. My underground water when tested at Buriram uni came back as excellent quality as basically after the initial costs its free... City water isnt expensive circa 30bt PCM but there if needed..

As ever omo

DM
At my house I have a bore and storage tanks that are fed by the roof and the village supply. In town though it's a bit more difficult when you have 10 flats all using showers etc. As it happens they sit on a spring, my idiot builders covered it over during the build, now might be the time to open it again.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 17, 2020, 5:13 pm

When I purchased my house the water came from the local garage well, as the house and garage where owned by the same person . After polluted water started coming through, that source was disconnected, then we went through a stage where I had to have it delivered, but had decided to have storage tanks installed to collect rain, from my very large roof . Plus I increased my water storage from 4000 litres to 7500 litres for the house and another 7500 litres for the garden ( off the roof) plus a well that ensures the garden is watered 365 days of year if needed. The local Tambon started a water delivery system using the local WATs lake which is large , filter it and clean it, quality is far better than anything the town or delivery can supply.
Generally I will never run out of water, but years ago I made the decision to have ;large storage as one just cannot EVER trust an that the supply will be un-interrupted . Plus as the local water delivery driver normally carries 6000 litres, if I need delivery just one drop for them is cheaper for me.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 22, 2020, 2:13 pm

Had another 3000L delivered today courtesy of the Water Company (PWA). They said service might be restored sometime next month.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 18, 2020, 3:03 pm

All this rain and out of water again. Appears that our end of the mooban is effected. Obviously the Water Company did not do a good job of fixing the problem 2 months ago.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 18, 2020, 4:02 pm

They are fixing a big problem saw some pictures on Facebook not going to be quick 3-4 days already

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 19, 2020, 8:54 am

yesterday no water, today electric single phasing.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 19, 2020, 9:15 am

Not having much luck.in your part of town Gus .. dont venture outdoors u may get struck by lightening ..

Here you go

https://youtu.be/Ep9Vzb6R_58

On the city water issues ..nadi area is atrocious ..storage tanks filter n a pump a must without low pressure n dirty water

Dm.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 27, 2020, 2:30 pm

Again no water. Believe it is a problem for part of the city. Also Friday morning had a power outage. It appears that the infrastructure is falling apart.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 27, 2020, 6:00 pm

No the infrastructure is good but maintenance and upgrades urgently required to deal with the increase in users, here always knee jerk reactions and eventually a much needed upgrade .
Lets be honest took them 10 years top install pumps to remove flooded water, but they forgot to connect the power, now all works well, E V E N T U A L L Y !!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”