European Kitchen Suppliers

General Udon Thani topics only!
pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: European Kitchen Suppliers

Post by pipoz4444 » July 9, 2020, 9:09 pm

samuel wrote:
July 9, 2020, 6:56 pm
nice to see that my call for pictures was answered by at least @pipoz4444.
well done.
some more guys to follow?
I actually went to Boonthavorn Kitchen Displays, gave them some sketch drawings, picked several bench top colors (at that stage it was going to be a white Corian), selected the under bench drawer & overhead cabinet designs in several colors, plus the range hoods - Boonathavorn then prepared the architectural rendering for me within week and email them to me, with their Quotations.

What you see in the two Boonathavorn renderings was going to cost over TB 300,000 from memory, for Bench top, under Bench Drawers and a single Overhead cabinet.

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 9, 2020, 9:16 pm

Raises an interesting point ...... if any of you/us/me move back to our native western countries, would we be looking for a quote on a "Thai kitchen"? :-k

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 9, 2020, 9:18 pm

Yeah that's real interesting...
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 9, 2020, 9:21 pm

Managed to scratch that itch now, vince. :D

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 9, 2020, 9:32 pm

Good job you got your sidekick to appreciate your sense of humour Prat, we might think you're just a boring drone otherwise. Yawn...
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 9, 2020, 9:44 pm

Each to their own but if one is comparing 5 grand as half the price of a U.K. custom kitchen, 5 grand is almost the price of a small car in the U.K. Maybe some here spend a lot of time in the kitchen?

Here's the kitchen in oor wee but an' ben.
Screenshot_20200709-214241.jpg
Screenshot_20200709-214228.jpg

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 9, 2020, 9:47 pm

vincemunday wrote:
July 9, 2020, 9:32 pm
Good job you got your sidekick to appreciate your sense of humour Prat, we might think you're just a boring drone otherwise. Yawn...
Keep scratching, and avoid projecting vince. :D

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 9, 2020, 9:54 pm

Keep stealing that air Prat, nice use of emojis, at what point do you grow up exactly?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 9, 2020, 10:12 pm

tamada wrote:
July 9, 2020, 9:44 pm
Each to their own but if one is comparing 5 grand as half the price of a U.K. custom kitchen, 5 grand is almost the price of a small car in the U.K. Maybe some here spend a lot of time in the kitchen?

Here's the kitchen in oor wee but an' ben.

Screenshot_20200709-214241.jpg

Screenshot_20200709-214228.jpg
I probably spent about £1500 on my Kitzcho termite food, it took me ages to get over the fact I was just left with an empty shell, I won't do it again, concrete, tile and plastic cup boards suit me fine now, we eat out most of the time anyway.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 9, 2020, 10:36 pm

^ Probably what I paid for the 70% Index + 30% local artisan clone about 13 years ago. Quite pleased apart from the sink unit but the compressed particle board is holding up well elsewhere. No broken handles, loose hinges, etc..

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 9, 2020, 11:59 pm

I think you will find that the likes of Boonthavorn, Homepro, probably Index and other kitchen companies, are all buying their units in from Malaysia or China, in traditional knock down from. I had a peek at possibly getting one from China (got several Company names & detail from a Chinese friend), and the prices direct from China, (delivered in knock down form), were less than half that of Boonthvorn. There must be a huge mark up at the Thai end Home Places.

Two issues with buying direct from China were, how much would the Thai customs slug me to import it and what did the quality of then really feel like. They looked like this from the outside at a distance, but I abandoned the idea of importing
Blue Violet Kitchen (7).jpg

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 10, 2020, 7:11 am

Homepro have most of their kitchens made in Thailand, you order and they sent to the factory 4-6 weeks later they I stall for free but they don't take the old kitchen down you gave to do that yourself. Info straight from their kitchen designers

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 10, 2020, 9:58 am

prices will be all depending the used materials , so our boonthavorn kitchen looks like this ..
kitchen.jpg
kitchen 2.jpg
left next to the hood they forget the top cabinets on the plan,as the right side top cabinet next to the hood ...
kitchen 2.jpg
so for all this including the black normal countertops was 89.200 ex vat , discounted 20% ,
total price including vat 75.250 baht ...
the quote for granite countertops @ 52.000 baht for this kitchen with boonthavorn looked to me a little bit steep :lol:
so we ordered the same granite tops outside for 18.000 baht all, the kitchen brand is kitchen express....as info... ;)
sorry can not fix the photo mess up...
Attachments
DSC01048.JPG

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » July 10, 2020, 1:17 pm

kopkei wrote:
July 10, 2020, 9:58 am
sorry can not fix the photo mess up...
no problem.
i'm glad you heard my call for pictures.
=D>

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 10, 2020, 1:48 pm

Hi Kopkei

I found Boonthavorn expensive with their quotes. My bench top & drawer systems underneath is 3.74m + 3.05m which totals 6.80 meters and the overhead cupboard only 3.74 m long. and for that they wanted a fortune.

pipoz4444

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 10, 2020, 2:24 pm

hi pipoz, the only way to compare is to compare same brands /materials used , @ boonthavorn they have also tried to push the more expensive kitchens first , i did not follow them , btw our price was @dec 2016 ,but i am sure prices will not have gone up much , mostly all brands use mdf ,one more thick than the other one , big difference will be the finishing materials such as the doors that will make the difference...and indeed boonthavorn is not cheap at all unless they have promotions or discounts .... ;)
(our total bottom counter length 6.60m,top 2.80m)

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 10, 2020, 2:40 pm

kopkei wrote:
July 10, 2020, 2:24 pm
hi pipoz, the only way to compare is to compare same brands /materials used , @ boonthavorn they have also tried to push the more expensive kitchens first , i did not follow them , btw our price was @dec 2016 ,but i am sure prices will not have gone up much , mostly all brands use mdf ,one more thick than the other one , big difference will be the finishing materials such as the doors that will make the difference...and indeed boonthavorn is not cheap at all unless they have promotions or discounts .... ;)
(our total bottom counter length 6.60m,top 2.80m)
Thanks, my quotes were in early 2018 from memory. And yes I was looking at a more expensive under bench drawer system, the one where the drawers slowly self close automatically and with the over head cabinet lift up doors, I had asked for a vertical opening system, so as hold the lift up door open and not fall back and hit me on the head. I am sure the two systems added heavily to the quote.

I wasn't looking to get killed in my old age by a Kitchen Cabinet Lift up Door :lol: :lol: what a way to go out! [-X

pipoz4444

rct
udonmap.com

European Kitchen Suppliers

Post by rct » July 11, 2020, 7:29 am

Our "Absolute" kitchen by ST Mall in 2008, now same brand is sold by Boonthavorn.

Still looks new and modern due to color choices and backsplash.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » July 11, 2020, 7:35 am

for those who do not know, St Mall = boonthavorn..., i went to look them too but they were really expensive and had no cheaper option at the moment , so what rct mention is good , they still have the kitchen line sold in 2008 in case you need to repair something, @ index they only keep the kitchen line 5 years ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 11, 2020, 7:57 am

Personally, I've never had issues closing kitchen drawers or any drawers for that matter. I recall our interior designer pitching them to me on my Houston home kitchen makeover about 10 years ago and thinking, "Nice, but..." She also had a new Lexus which she once claimed had 20 individual programmable driver's seat positions. I told her must be nice and convenient for the 19 mates she allows to drive her car? Either way, if she's driving a Lexus, she's probably sold enough auto-closing kitchen drawers already.

But if price is no problem and it prevents another collapsed souffle, then I say go for it.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”