Re: 120 kph?

Post by Khun Paul » December 5, 2020, 9:54 am

Niggly wrote:
December 5, 2020, 7:30 am
Khun Paul wrote:
December 5, 2020, 7:22 am
Niggly wrote:
December 3, 2020, 12:16 pm
We drove along a 10 (maybe 12 I was busy concentrating on other things) highway in Chachoengsao earlier this week. It was a 90 limit clearly posted with led signs & painted in the carriageway. I was travelling between 120 & 140 just to keep up. The biggest problem was the vehicles allowed on this stretch of road. There were Kobota long handles, scoots 3 or 4 up, pick up taxis vying for trade, & local buses in what I’d call “slow” travel right up to inter province coaches, blacked out AMG Mercs & me (😉) in the “reasonable” speed group.
It was nuts with Somchais merging from side roads in first gear right up to just about everyone regardless of speed trying to get from lane 1 across to a u turn in the central reservation.
Another problem was there were raised sections of highway which I think were bridges over klongs where you couldn’t see over. A few times I went up, along & just started down only to find stationary traffic so had to anchor on.
It was good fun though 😂

This is what you posterd and as the speed limit at the time was 90 KPH you broke the law, now do you understand . Twit !!
And?
What has this got to do with any of your subsequent posts? There’s well over 37 million cars registered in Thailand, plus motorcy, samlors & commercial vehicles (& all the unregistered ones as well). Why do you care so much that I said I was exceeding the speed limit along with everyone else in the flow of traffic?
Are you worried I won’t get back safely to Udon?

I also notice you still haven’t bothered/been unable to read the very informative, well presented article posted earlier & make a sensible comment on the subject.

(Notice I’ve carried the quoted post because what it says is really a non issue to everyone except you)
I see you are still trying to use the actions of others to justify your law breaking. AS this post was initially about the Speed Limit rising to 120, your admission that you break the speed limit of 90 with impunity it seems disregarding the law, tells me you are a reckless driver.

It has nothing to do with others who break the speed limit with impunity but for you who is so quick to admonish and ridicule others for their transgressions, which would probably not harm anyone else, your TRANSGRESSION, self admitted was and could have been harmful to others . This fact plus breaking the law, seems in your mind acceptable to warranted ,it is that fact that concerns me, a slightly mad Foreign driver doing what he wants because he feels it is his right as well as justifying his actions because others do it. Tells me you are a weak person with issues , easily lead and fails to admit you were wrong.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 5, 2020, 10:05 am

I Just Hope & Pray that when He ( Niggly ) was exceeding the speed limit of 90kph by between 30 & 50 kph,that The Speed Cameras were WORKING at the time & He Arrives back in Udon from his Cheap Pattaya Getaway to a LOT of Speeding Tickets in his Mailbox....That Might teach Him a Lesson or Two....

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 5, 2020, 10:08 am

Khun Paul wrote:
December 5, 2020, 9:54 am

I see you are still trying to use the actions of others to justify your law breaking. AS this post was initially about the Speed Limit rising to 120, your admission that you break the speed limit of 90 with impunity it seems disregarding the law, tells me you are a reckless driver.

It has nothing to do with others who break the speed limit with impunity but for you who is so quick to admonish and ridicule others for their transgressions, which would probably not harm anyone else, your TRANSGRESSION, self admitted was and could have been harmful to others . This fact plus breaking the law, seems in your mind acceptable to warranted ,it is that fact that concerns me, a slightly mad Foreign driver doing what he wants because he feels it is his right as well as justifying his actions because others do it. Tells me you are a weak person with issues , easily lead and fails to admit you were wrong. Regardless of anything else you were a twit and still remain one, but a pathetic lying twit as well. Happy Christmas to you .
Where am I using others actions to justify anything. I’ve clearly said I was going 120/140, so what, why do you care. I prefer to keep up with the flow rather than be an obstacle causing chaos in my wake.
You can read I’m a reckless driver into this?

Let’s have your opinion on the published article, written by a real live rocket scientist nonetheless.
Last edited by Niggly on December 5, 2020, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 5, 2020, 2:06 pm

Off-topic comments removed.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 5, 2020, 2:31 pm

747man wrote:
December 5, 2020, 10:05 am
I Just Hope & Pray that when He ( Niggly ) was exceeding the speed limit of 90kph by between 30 & 50 kph,that The Speed Cameras were WORKING at the time & He Arrives back in Udon from his Cheap Pattaya Getaway to a LOT of Speeding Tickets in his Mailbox....That Might teach Him a Lesson or Two....
Why do you hope I’ve got speeding tickets? Please explain your reasoning

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 5, 2020, 6:13 pm

Niggly wrote:
December 5, 2020, 2:31 pm
747man wrote:
Because You've Broken the LAW By speeding excessively & You Deserve Them....That's My Reasoning O.K. ?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 5, 2020, 9:12 pm

747man wrote:
December 5, 2020, 6:13 pm
Niggly wrote:
December 5, 2020, 2:31 pm
747man wrote:
Because You've Broken the LAW By speeding excessively & You Deserve Them....That's My Reasoning O.K. ?
So you’re hoping & praying? Sounds a bit vindictive if you ask me but each to their own.
& who said anything about a cheap Pattaya getaway? You should probably not measure others by your own standards

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 6, 2020, 7:18 pm

Noticed 40kph signs on beach road today but only managed to get 15kph which is well within the limit👍

The pedestrians scattering out of the way seemed a bit perturbed but hey, not breaking any laws & not keeping with the flow of traffic so it’s all good 🚗 🚗

I guess this stretch of road will not be included in the approved speed increase to 120kph

(Footnote, this is no way a predetermined hijack of any posts.
Is this clear enough for you GreyPal52? Good)

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » December 6, 2020, 7:45 pm

Niggly wrote:
December 6, 2020, 7:18 pm
Noticed 40kph signs on beach road today but only managed to get 15kph which is well within the limit👍

The pedestrians scattering out of the way seemed a bit perturbed but hey, not breaking any laws & not keeping with the flow of traffic so it’s all good 🚗 🚗

I guess this stretch of road will not be included in the approved speed increase to 120kph

(Footnote, this is no way a predetermined hijack of any posts.
Is this clear enough for you GreyPal52? Good)

Yes very good Niggly.
Just carry on being the good little boy you now appear to be and stick to the speed limits.

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » December 7, 2020, 10:15 pm

Road Death toll
Start 13,790
Running tally since 1 -Dec = 266, 2020 2019 384
Start Mon 14,063
Today's tally from midnight 19 Pax,

Wednesday 2/ 50 in the box
Thursday 3/ 51
Friday 4/ 45
Saturday 5 / 38
Sunday 6 / 31

Thailand box makers complain, the low road toll is affecting their business, Gas sales down , temple burnings down, tow truck drivers get behind in road kill clean up sales down, every thing is slow at the moment, Government under pressure to increase speed limit to 140klm on dual roads, and 110klm for tractor trailers

Only way forward is keep every one happy in the traffic business, go with the flow and Buddha will look after you. lets keep the mum and Pa business going, support you local tow truck driver, drive to you limit of your vehicle.

There is truly a decrease in traffic accident, from last year, and the local temples and business are feeling the pinch.
Quality is best done first

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 8, 2020, 8:00 am

Just went for an early morning spin along the HWY3 toll road to test a theory. Worth every bit of the 75baht for the quiet, open road 👍

Really need to buy some sort of camera holding clamp. It was difficult to stop it wobbling about

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 8, 2020, 9:01 am

You must have one of the very few left-hand drive vehicles around those parts. 8)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 8, 2020, 9:10 am

Nope right hand, freeway exit road I didn’t take clearly visible to the left of the picture

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » December 8, 2020, 5:45 pm

Niggly you may have to change to this
download (14).jpg
download (14).jpg (6.57 KiB) Viewed 1149 times
beep beep

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 8, 2020, 9:27 pm

Another member has posted about going faster than the published speed limit.
Can everyone (you know who you are) please post righteous indignation here to keep it all in the same place & not hijack other threads with off topic sanctimonious blathering

Cheers

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 8, 2020, 9:41 pm

I might have just topped out of bravery tonight.
It was 40km back to Pattaya, nearly out of diesel, a half pack of cigarettes, it was dark & we were all wearing sunglasses

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 9, 2020, 7:39 am

Staggering numbers of road kill out there , seen loads of dead dogs in the last few days driving , lost count .. but more than ever before . As a dog lover it saddens me.

Back to the 120 km .. it will be introduced and no body will even know or change their driving one iota .. more so it wont make a difference to the already dire road death numbers especially over holiday periods.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 9, 2020, 6:27 pm

Really need to get something to hold the camera steady. Mrs N leaning across is a distraction.

Managed this little beauty on the one way second road. Would have been more but too many baht buses driving dangerously

(Note how cool it is at dusk)
Last edited by Niggly on December 9, 2020, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 9, 2020, 6:28 pm

Niggly wrote:
December 8, 2020, 9:41 pm
I might have just topped out of bravery tonight.
It was 40km back to Pattaya, nearly out of diesel, a half pack of cigarettes, it was dark & we were all wearing sunglasses

IF That's Your'es......170kms an hour is APPROX 110 mph....Then All I Can Say is YOU Are CRAZY [-X [-X .....Do You know how long it would take you to STOP in an emergency ??

I'm 100% CERTAIN That MANY Other posters would agree with Me !!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 9, 2020, 6:35 pm

Am I seeing a date on the dash of 22 05 2008 or May 22, 2008?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”