udonmap.com

Re: renew drivers license

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 16, 2021, 4:28 pm

Niggly wrote:
June 16, 2021, 3:17 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
June 16, 2021, 2:45 pm

Original Medical certificate + copy (cost ฿470 Non Sa-At hospital),
I guess lesson learnt here for those counting the Satang is don’t use Non Sa-At hospital for the medical certificate.
The clinic just past the DLT office on the road into Nong Han charges B100 (as does the clinic just before the Non Sung office)
True and useful.

However as a side benefit I have found that my blood pressure has gone up over the last 3 years so have to go in next week for a follow up.
It’s also likely that the two clinics don’t do a chest x-ray and urinalysis sample, so Non Sa-At is more expensive than absolutely needed but maybe excellent value for money.

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Post by BKK-Udon » June 16, 2021, 4:41 pm

Judging by the way kitty is gripping the sheets, I bet she had some choice words for you!

Two years to go on renewal, but posting experiences is always appreciated! Sounds like an incredibly productive day!

Ps- Also an avid housebuild reader. Cheers @sometimeswoodworker
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13953
Last edited by BKK-Udon on June 16, 2021, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 16, 2021, 4:46 pm

Definitely didn’t do the other tests mentioned with me. In fact, the one near Non Sung, Mrs N went in for hers & I didn’t even get out of the car until the receptionist realised she needed my weight & BP for the form so called me over for a quick check.
No doctor was seen 🩺
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 16, 2021, 7:36 pm

BKK-Udon wrote:
June 16, 2021, 4:41 pm
Judging by the way kitty is gripping the sheets, I bet she had some choice words for you!

Two years to go on renewal, but posting experiences is always appreciated! Sounds like an incredibly productive day!

Ps- Also an avid housebuild reader. Cheers.
Kitty had a lot of really choice words specially as she was in heat and the effects haven’t gone away just yet. Don’t forget to go after your license expires to get an extra year.

SWMBO thought we would have to go into Udon 3 times this week to finish all yesterday’s tasks. But we even had time to take a trip up to Nong Kai and Swenson as well
4ADB03FB-2F12-4DBA-8B27-EB291E9DFC58.jpeg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 16, 2021, 7:42 pm

June 16, 2021, 2:45 pm
Went to Nong Hang DLT office yesterday after taking our little beauty in for her snip then picking up my new extension.
No waiting at the vet.
No waiting at immigration. Lady at desk 3 had polite conversation, she seemed to remember me, & she has had both COVID vaccination shots.
No waiting at Nong Hang LTO office who were happy I had all documents and copies for both driving licenses.

Original Medical certificate + copy (cost ฿470 Non Sa-At hospital),
2 copies of LTO proof of watching the video printed.
2 copies of ID page of passport.
2 copies of extension of stay stamp page.
2 copies of pink card.
2 copies of yellow book.
The Only test was proof of colour recognition by naming colours pointed to on chart.
Payment ฿760
I now have 2 new license valid for 5 years 363days with my Thai ID card number

The changes are:
The license number is on the front twice
My address is now in Thai and English on the reverse.
There is a QR code on the back with a 25 number/letter string.

SWMBO also got a new car road tax again no waiting.
Picked up our kitty from the vet around 5 pm
761AB5BC-0B9D-419A-91BB-CA58A91B4E75.jpeg
The trifecta! Well done Jerome. You should also consider getting a lottery ticket.

fantom
udonmap.com

Post by fantom » June 20, 2021, 8:31 pm

Checking my Thailand license, I see quite clearly, in English, the words "Driving License". I believe that the equivalent document is called a "drivers license" in the USA. TIT !

fantom
udonmap.com

Post by fantom » June 23, 2021, 5:28 pm

and my Western Australian document is called a DRIVER'S LICENSE. However, this IS Thailand, and here we have a Driving License. Mine was renewed in May 2021 - see thread "Driving License Renewal".

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 23, 2021, 5:59 pm

How many threads does it take to renew a driving license?

fantom
udonmap.com

Post by fantom » June 24, 2021, 1:46 am

Fair enough question, tamada - when I started the other thread I was not aware of this one, and a search for "Driving License" did not reveal it. Tom

Rono
udonmap.com

Post by Rono » June 24, 2021, 8:09 am

Haha Tamada and Fantom, and it is still not over. You did not here all the stories yet. hahaha different officers different rules! I did not mention yet that the guy, I had to deal with, at Nong Han said, I needed certification from Immigration office and Thai id together with my yellow book. And I thought yellow book, drivers (sorry driving) license, health certificate and passport and copies of each was enough. Funny part, when I went to the immigration, they said the certification (cost 500 baht!)from immigration and yellow book is sufficient. Do not need ID card !? But I did not want to go back without the id card. Because maybe I have to deal with the same officer !!?? Have not gone back yet! Because my year visa renewal is now a month away and the Immigration now need a letter from the bank covering a whole year!! I had to go up and down from Bangkok bank to immigration and back to know this for sure! And to get this letter you have to now pay 200 baht (formerly 100) and then wait a week for a call from the bank to come and get it! "The Charm Of Wanting to Live In Thailand"

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 24, 2021, 12:02 pm

Rono wrote:
June 24, 2021, 8:09 am
Have not gone back yet! Because my year visa renewal is now a month away and the Immigration now need a letter from the bank covering a whole year!! I had to go up and down from Bangkok bank to immigration and back to know this for sure! And to get this letter you have to now pay 200 baht (formerly 100) and then wait a week for a call from the bank to come and get it! "The Charm Of Wanting to Live In Thailand"
You can’t renew a visa.
Your extension of stay will be what you are extending.

If it is an extension for retirement then you will need the one year statement. The bank charge is ฿100 for a single document so 100 for the letter and 100 for the statement.

The only strange thing is that Nong Han has accepted copies of the yellow book and pink card several times, no immigration letter required.

Rono
udonmap.com

Post by Rono » June 24, 2021, 12:24 pm

onetimewoodworker. you're correct the extension of stay is what I am extending. I wrote it down wrong. But i never needed the one year statement before and this is the 13teenth time I am extending. Only the letter (100 bath, single document, 3 month) and copies of bankbook needed! And this is the third time renewing drivers license, never needed id card and certification from immigration! ?? So what's changed? Only the "officer" I had to deal with? or the rules?

Vibration

Post by Vibration » June 24, 2021, 1:15 pm

Great news for those with Thai Elite Visas; today I went to Nong Han, DLT Office in Udonthani to renew my 5 year car driving licence that expires today and I can honestly say that I was concerned that I would only get a 2 year licence.

I have never visited this Office before.

To my suprise and great joy I was issued with a 5 year driving licence that expires in 2026.

Unsure why maybe the rules have changed however did not dare to ask.

Best wishes to all other Thai Elite Visa holders in getting 5 year driving licences.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 24, 2021, 8:37 pm

Vibration wrote:
June 24, 2021, 1:15 pm
Great news for those with Thai Elite Visas; today I went to Nong Han, DLT Office in Udonthani to renew my 5 year car driving licence that expires today and I can honestly say that I was concerned that I would only get a 2 year licence.

I have never visited this Office before.

To my suprise and great joy I was issued with a 5 year driving licence that expires in 2026.

Unsure why maybe the rules have changed however did not dare to ask.

Best wishes to all other Thai Elite Visa holders in getting 5 year driving licences.
You are lucky, and Nong Han broke the rules.
The Elite Visa is a special type of tourist visa and so you are only due a 2 year license.
Congratulations, you should probably be buying a lottery ticket with the new number :lol:

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 24, 2021, 8:52 pm

Rono wrote:
June 24, 2021, 12:24 pm
onetimewoodworker. you're correct the extension of stay is what I am extending. I wrote it down wrong. But i never needed the one year statement before and this is the 13teenth time I am extending. Only the letter (100 bath, single document, 3 month) and copies of bankbook needed! And this is the third time renewing drivers license, never needed id card and certification from immigration! ?? So what's changed? Only the "officer" I had to deal with? or the rules?
If you have an extension based on retirement the rules changed in 2019 but Udon is only recently enforcing them. What happened in the past is a poor guide to the future.

If you have an extension based on retirement make sure you understand the financial requirements which are for the complete year not just 3 months before application, this is now being enforced in Udon and why a 12 month statement is required, and why the bank fee is double.
What happened in the past is a poor guide to the future.

With the license you do not need the yellow book and pink ID card, you can use the immigration letter if you don’t have them.

However if you have BOTH the yellow book and pink card you do not need the immigration letter.

You now need a medical certificate to renew a 5 year license

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 24, 2021, 9:24 pm

June 24, 2021, 8:52 pm
With the license you do not need the yellow book and pink ID card, you can use the immigration letter if you don’t have them.
In Nong Khai they're not interested in yellow books or pink ID cards. You must go to immigration and ask for the form, which you must buy, and wait at least a week for.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 24, 2021, 11:59 pm

Giggle wrote:
June 24, 2021, 9:24 pm
June 24, 2021, 8:52 pm
In Nong Khai they're not interested in yellow books or pink ID cards. You must go to immigration and ask for the form, which you must buy, and wait at least a week for.
Then take a trip to Nong Han

Rono
udonmap.com

Post by Rono » June 25, 2021, 9:16 am

so you see Tamada and fantom. It stays a "never ending story" As sometimewoodworker put it: What happened in the past is a poor guide to the future" Also read as "what happened with/to a person at a certain office, does not mean that is standard for everyone else in the same situation" . Stay open minded and easy going, calm and collected, do not let "them" get to you.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 25, 2021, 9:45 am

^ Sound advice Rono. When anyone asks for another person's personal experience when dealing with Thai bureaucracy, it should be taken as a rough guide ONLY.

The point I was making earlier was it doesn't really help anyone when A ) the member doesn't look for any previous posts about the subject matter before posting, B ) the forum's lack of management that allows people to post in the wrong or unrelated sub-forums and then leaves them there, and C ) the rubbish forum search function.

fantom
udonmap.com

Post by fantom » June 26, 2021, 11:24 am

Quite so, tamada, but don't forget (D) failure to refer to an official document by its correct title.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”