Immigration Heads-up

General Udon Thani topics only!
Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: Immigration Heads-up

Post by Giggle » September 9, 2021, 5:18 pm

I got a new passport over the summer and dutifully reported into imm to get the info transcribed from old into new. Last month, I extended my retirement permission, and the IO demanded copies of all previous year's extensions from my old passport. What then, is the purpose of that little transcription session, if not to carry forward and validate info from the old passport? What about next year? I suspect the IO was just making up requirements on the spot in hopes I would have to dance a little, perhaps return home and come back. Giggle is on to their stunts, however, and always comes prepared. What would stop them from demanding to see the original visa from two passports ago?

Ahhhh paradise.

Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 9, 2021, 6:38 pm

What would stop them from demanding to see the original visa from two passports ago?

Nothing Giggles, If They Really wanted to see it,You'd have to show it to them.....I Suppose !!!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 9, 2021, 6:42 pm

Giggle wrote:
September 9, 2021, 5:18 pm
I got a new passport over the summer and dutifully reported into imm to get the info transcribed from old into new. Last month, I extended my retirement permission, and the IO demanded copies of all previous year's extensions from my old passport. What then, is the purpose of that little transcription session, if not to carry forward and validate info from the old passport?
I had a similar experience. My passport filled up and I got a new one from the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok. Took them both to Immigration, where everything was transcribed, signed and stamped. However, whenever I entered the country after that, the Immigration Officer at Suvarnabhumi always needed to see the original visa in the old passport. I carried both until the old visa expired and I got a new one in the new passport.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 9, 2021, 6:57 pm

Are you guys forgetting something important? ............ T I T

Never EVER expect either Common sense or a valid reason for anything and you wont go far wrong :lol:

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 9, 2021, 9:37 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
September 9, 2021, 3:03 pm
Then comes the newby to me , each page copy of passport , ,
It is usually a copy of each page that is related to your original entry, permission to stay, extensions and information page
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 9, 2021, 9:47 pm

Thai Immo have facial recognition when you enter at the airport, and when you do an extension at your local office.

They also (from memory) have thumbprints when you enter, but strangely not when you extend. :-k

If I was cynical, I would suggest that extension thumbs would would put a huge dent in the "agent" business, and the resultant loss of lucre for all involved. 8)

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » September 10, 2021, 1:34 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 9, 2021, 9:37 pm
Hoopoe wrote:
September 9, 2021, 3:03 pm
Then comes the newby to me , each page copy of passport , ,
It is usually a copy of each page that is related to your original entry, permission to stay, extensions and information page
Read the post each page on one copy page.
In the past years they never said anything about four pages of your passport pages on one copy sheet.
This includes now eg house book of wife now requires two pages one of the address then another showing her name on the address... We're you can easily fit both on one copy page. When your at the end of a ten year passport that's a lot of paperwork two copies required of everything.
I made it like a book turn the page and there's the next piece of information required. Nope to difficult one picture /copy. one page .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2021, 2:08 pm

About 6 months ago, I saw a 6-wheel truck removing stacks of A4 paperwork from the back rooms and annexes at the Immi office. All in heavy bundles tied up with plastic string. Looked like decades of extension support paperwork being relocated to free up more space?

Because all that one-side used paper is gone, they don't have any more to "recycle" and will need plenty of it. Hence the one passport page per A4 sheet nonsense to build up stock again?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 14, 2021, 8:01 pm

For info

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » September 14, 2021, 8:31 pm

I renew mine this morning, expiration date early October, no problem. I was the lone Non-Asian in the room, took less than 20 minutes.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » September 16, 2021, 10:25 am

Did my extension yesterday. In at 1 PM out at 1:15 including new 90 day report.
My old extension was due to expire 25 Sept. Even though issued on 15 Sept., new extension expiration is 25 Sept. 2022 so no days lost.
The IO told me they will be extremely busy starting next week with Covid passports. I am not sure what that means. I don't know what is meant by Covid passport.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 16, 2021, 2:30 pm

Charlieb wrote:
September 16, 2021, 10:25 am
My old extension was due to expire 25 Sept. Even though issued on 15 Sept., new extension expiration is 25 Sept. 2022 so no days lost.
Standard practice, you can apply up to 30 days early with the same experience.
Charlieb wrote:
September 16, 2021, 10:25 am
The IO told me they will be extremely busy starting next week with Covid passports. I am not sure what that means. I don't know what is meant by Covid passport.
Probably people who had an extension granted granted due to Covid “ VISACovid-19 visa end date extended to September 27 2021
https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/visa/c ... ptember-27
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”