Guidelines for ads vs new topics

General Udon Thani topics only!
rct
udonmap.com

Guidelines for ads vs new topics

Post by rct » July 4, 2021, 9:18 am

Is it just me?

The General UT Forum page:
shows a business posting 7-9 SEPARATE TOPICS at any given time of the 25 topics on the page. First two pages, currently I count 18 separate topics in total from this place, each posted to indicate a new special or a few baht off a jar of something.

Is this really worth a new topic and the clutter it creates, in the general Udon Thani Forum?

I like the establishment. The place/s mentioned have dedicated threads in the "Where to Eat" (385 replies, almost 61,000 views) and Shopping (320 replies, almost 44,000 views). They are near the top with views and activities there. If I want an update on them, that is where I will look.

(Niggly, c'mon.....since your threads have been erased...)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Guidelines for ads vs new topics

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 4, 2021, 9:38 am

It has caused a reaction .... added reaction = added publicity = added bonus .. IMO all publicity is good even in the form of a negative complaint or argument it can in 99% of the time be reversed into a positive... thus keeping the business ""on the front page" in the eye of the consumer.

I too like the BH and C2MU and use the latter frequently when in Udon an excellent addition for expats residing here since the demise of Chern Chim and that lovely young man from Scunthorpe ..
Mr Max is an experienced businessman and has his ways of doing business in turn advertising using some nice images for the specials etc .. =D> .. way better than the BS i used to splurge and whether or not UM feel the need to redirect all the new posting traffic to the proper threads is up to the mods cant say it makes a lot of difference.

Just my tuppence

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » July 4, 2021, 11:15 am

Little Italian, who does truly an excellent job updating the daily special on their thread in "where to eat" (a strategy worthy of emulating IMO) --- is missing out by not also posting a new topic here in the general forum, each and every day.

That might be fun, to then measure the uptick in views, and more importantly, sales in Alberto's place. I sincerely doubt Alberto will do this however.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 4, 2021, 11:28 am

My forum landing page is set to Unread Posts so it doesn’t really matter where something is posted, it just appears in descending date order until I open it.

It’s a lot easier than navigating forums, threads, topics & posts to get to something worthwhile. I can just use my thumbs to scroll on by if I’m not interested rather than working myself into a lather. Some members should try this approach, it’s useful
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 4, 2021, 11:38 am

I posted about this 1 - 2 years ago (New Sunday Roast thread every week) and b*gger all was done then, so I naturally assumed (this being Thailand) that someone at the map was getting a back hander (in some form) to look the other way ..... nothing has happened since to make me change my opinion rct

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 4, 2021, 12:49 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 4, 2021, 11:38 am
I posted about this 1 - 2 years ago (New Sunday Roast thread every week) and b*gger all was done then, ......
tamada's highlighting of the issue more recently also seemed to fall on deaf ears.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 4, 2021, 1:20 pm

My ears are burning.

I gave up REPORTING inappropriate stuff being posted in the General Udon Only forum by lazy buggers and "experienced" businessmen. Granted, the threads were punted into their proper places overnight but it didn't seem to make much difference to the Admin who don't seem to do any of their own housekeeping. For example, there are two known "shopping deal" threads at opposite ends of the galaxy. The one that someone stumbles across first and posts on becomes the current one until someone else stumbles across the other one and posts on it.

There are more than enough dedicated sub-forums for people shopping or looking for something but a lot just push to the front of the queue and block the dunny.

Note that dropping sh*t all over the place, not picking rubbish up and pushing in at the front of the line are all cultural traits of the Isaanite. Maybe some (of us) have been here too long?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 4, 2021, 2:59 pm

First World forum problems eh.

FTW, when I was the best Mod in the Isaan region, if not the entire world, I would have treated these complaints with the disdain they deserve as well & ignored them.

Scroll on by people, scroll on by

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 4, 2021, 6:01 pm

Dont think anyone in Udon (or the entire world) needs any more proof why you do not hold said position at present then

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 4, 2021, 6:04 pm

^ yep, promotion is a wonderful thing when in a democratic world eh Statts

Oh, & I’d still ignore the whinging

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 5, 2021, 4:20 pm

Lack of forum ettiquette what is the world coming too

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 5, 2021, 5:34 pm

noosard wrote:
July 5, 2021, 4:20 pm
Lack of forum ettiquette what is the world coming too
Impressive spelling Mr Noosard ......... who did you ask ? :lol: :lol:
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 6, 2021, 5:26 am

second go asked me mate google

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”