Bank Letter Question for Immigration

General Udon Thani topics only!
parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Bank Letter Question for Immigration

Post by parrot » September 26, 2021, 8:38 am

I bailed on Bangkok Bank many years ago.........SCB (Phosri Rd), get my 1 year letter in 10 min, good phone app for transferring funds between accounts (including retirement/non-retirement), better parking, ?fewer people?, no insurance hassles

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Bank Letter Question for Immigrati

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 26, 2021, 9:38 am

The reason that some used BKK B was that it was the only one where the Wise transfer usually showed up as an international one.

Since they have brought in the “for retirement option” other banks may now show as international
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » October 4, 2021, 6:21 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
September 25, 2021, 2:40 pm
What's with Bangkok Bank. If they are in the stone age when it comes to statements what are their other short comings. I know a number of expats who have dumped them over a number of issues mainly to do with in house customer service!
12 month Statement from KBank takes about 10 mins from sitting with the bank official.
I switched from Bkk bank to SCB a year ago.BkkB website stopped letting me transfer money between accounts or paying to another account or bank. "Service not available. Try again later" it said. I went to the bank and they called head office in Bangkok and their computer dept. To no avail, they could not figure out how to solve the problem!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 5, 2021, 10:30 am

after reading this and the thread about new STV, silly me contacted the Thai Embassy to change my Non O to a STV visa as it would save the hassle with the 800,000bt and bank thing, only to be told that when applying for a Non O visa it doesnt matter if the money in a thai or NZ bank...so who is wrong, and where does it say it must be in a Thai bank..just want to know guys,,thanks

marcsarge
udonmap.com

Post by marcsarge » October 5, 2021, 11:25 am

maaka wrote:
October 5, 2021, 10:30 am
after reading this and the thread about new STV, silly me contacted the Thai Embassy to change my Non O to a STV visa as it would save the hassle with the 800,000bt and bank thing, only to be told that when applying for a Non O visa it doesnt matter if the money in a thai or NZ bank...so who is wrong, and where does it say it must be in a Thai bank..just want to know guys,,thanks
I am by no means a go to person for this information, but a friend of mind in UK said that when he applied for his Visa in UK he only needed the money for his Visa in UK bank. That was a new Visa. When he comes to Thailand and renews his extension for the first time and every extension after then you need the money in bank 800000tb or 65000tb per month. So if you apply for Visa is from your home country then that info is correct. As far as I know you cannot apply for visa in Thailand that's why before Covid 19 some people would go to Laos to apply for their Visa.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 5, 2021, 1:21 pm

maaka wrote:
maaka your initial visa will be based on the requirements of the Thai Embassy in NZ.

For a non-O, there doesn't appear to be any specified amount of money required, merely:
Copy of the applicant's recent bank statement during the past 6 months, with the name of the applicant clearly written on the statement.
https://wellington.thaiembassy.org/th/p ... sa-o-other
However, an extension once you were in Thailand would be under Thai Immigration requirements ie THB800k in a Thai bank, etc etc.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 5, 2021, 1:26 pm

maaka wrote:
Nobody is wrong, you or they are confusing different things or are mistaking a Visa for an extension of permission to stay.

If you apply for a non-O Visa in Thailand you must currently have either a Visa exempt entry or tourist Visa entry with 14 days permission to stay remaining and on the date you apply must have the required bank deposit in your name in a Thai bank, some offices require that that money be transferred from overseas if it's a prelude to a retirement extension.

If you are applying for a visa abroad some embassies & consulates require that the funds be in a local bank, others are more relaxed and may accept funds in other countries including Thailand.

Some people insist on saying that they renew their 'visa' every year despite the fact that visas are never renewed. They persist in calling what they have, permission to stay, a visa extension. That is almost certainly where your mistaken information came from.

To extend your permission to stay in Thailand you must have money coming into Thailand or a deposit in a Thai bank.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 5, 2021, 1:30 pm

jackspratt wrote:
October 5, 2021, 1:21 pm
maaka wrote:
maaka your initial visa will be based on the requirements of the Thai Embassy in NZ.

For a non-O, there doesn't appear to be any specified amount of money required, merely:
Copy of the applicant's recent bank statement during the past 6 months, with the name of the applicant clearly written on the statement.
https://wellington.thaiembassy.org/th/p ... sa-o-other
However, an extension once you were in Thailand would be under Thai Immigration requirements ie THB800k in a Thai bank, etc etc.
You didn’t scroll down far enough as it’s a non-o for retirement.
Copy of the applicant's bank statement for the past 6 months showing a balance of at least 800,000 Baht (or the equivalent) OR a certificate of income confirming a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht

 Pension statement (if the applicant is a pension earner)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 5, 2021, 1:41 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
October 5, 2021, 1:30 pm

I must have missed where he said it was for retirement - which I understand is an O-A visa.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 5, 2021, 3:43 pm

jackspratt wrote:
October 5, 2021, 1:41 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
October 5, 2021, 1:30 pm

I must have missed where he said it was for retirement - which I understand is an O-A visa.
He didn’t actually say it was, I assumed from the 800k requirement that he mentioned.

As to O or O-A there is no hard rule some embassies will issue either for retirement some will only issue an O-A.

The NZ embassy will do both.

https://wellington.thaiembassy.org/th/p ... grant-visa

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 6, 2021, 7:05 am

Thanks Lads...Knew you lot would get to the bottom of it.

No I didnt say ' retirement ' but thats what she will be.( I dont know what to call myself..I am not a tourist, am not married but have a partner of ten years, and I am not sure I can retire full time there , as I like to swan about when the mood takes me.) However retirement is.a Non O in NZ Embassy terms, according to the application document..O-A is Long Term Stay or some such wording in NZ Embassy terms, as they shot me out both applications when I fluffed around and got confused..

so bottom line...have the 800000bt shipped over and firmly ensconed in a Thai Bank BEFORE the first 90 days is up..yeah /nah ??

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 6, 2021, 7:41 am

maaka wrote:
October 6, 2021, 7:05 am
Thanks Lads...Knew you lot would get to the bottom of it.

No I didnt say ' retirement ' but thats what she will be.( I dont know what to call myself..I am not a tourist, am not married but have a partner of ten years, and I am not sure I can retire full time there , as I like to swan about when the mood takes me.) However retirement is.a Non O in NZ Embassy terms, according to the application document..O-A is Long Term Stay or some such wording in NZ Embassy terms, as they shot me out both applications when I fluffed around and got confused..

so bottom line...have the 800000bt shipped over and firmly ensconed in a Thai Bank BEFORE the first 90 days is up..yeah /nah ??
Almost.
Get here with a Non-O
Ship the 800k over immediately. It must have been in the bank for 2 months or more on the day you apply for your extension.
Within the last 30 days of your permission to stay you can apply for a 1 year extension (if the money has been seasoned in the bank for 2 months of more on the day you apply)
Applying early makes no difference to the total time you get as it is added on to the 90 days you got when you came in.

The differences between the O-A and O visa’s for you is that the O is much better as it doesn’t need you to have insurance in Thailand when getting an extension of stay.

In the past an O-A was often preferred by many as you didn’t need to visit immigration as often, but at the moment it is from 12k to 100k per year more expensive due to the requirement for insurance.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”