Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Vaccination jabs

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 30, 2021, 12:25 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
September 30, 2021, 10:06 am
papafarang wrote:
September 30, 2021, 8:03 am
Do you think gurgly is scared of needles ? , maybe needs someone to hold his hand ?
No I do not think so, it is the inability to think and act logically that is the problem, always blaming somepone else for his shortfalls. Sad really, Old Age has crept up on him very fast.
KP ..its Sounds like you have met the illusive Giggle or know him personally .. if not surely assuming he or she is old and lacks the ability to think logically is a tad on the rude side [-X

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 30, 2021, 12:53 pm

Gigs, I can't help but think you still believe you're in the US or stationed overseas in the AF. That $3 trillion infrastructure bill isn't going to help fix the potholes in Nongkai. You should count yourself as fortunate to receive a military pension, soon to be eligible for SSA, and you get cost of living increases on both to boot.
You really should cash in those GI-issued specs and get some tinted glasses to help you appreciate how good you have it as an expat.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 30, 2021, 1:21 pm

Parrot, you reject many of my posts for not referring to other posters by their username. I'd expect you to follow your own rules, hypocrite.

I retired in 2005 and moved to Thailand permanently in 2006. I'm well aware of where I am, and my status here as a 16-year non-immigrant (ha, paradise, huh?). Your patronizing, condescending tone is as familiar as it is unwelcome. If you were half as smart as you imagine yourself to be, you'd be dangerous.

Why should I count myself fortunate to receive a pension that I earned, or SS that I contributed toward? Did you know the new SS policy will not allow those without a US address establish an online account? Nice, huh? I'm supposed to be thankful? Nah, only a sycophantic nitwit would feel thankful for such treatment.

I've never worn specs or hearing aids. I'm not a feeble geezer. If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not a big fan of the Udon Map moderation team. You've alienated dozens, maybe hundreds of local expats with your ridiculous "control" over what opinions and observations others are allowed to air. Typical lefty garbage. How many might contribute to this forum but ar turned away by your obsessive need to control the tone? You are pathetic.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 30, 2021, 1:27 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 30, 2021, 12:25 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
September 30, 2021, 10:06 am
papafarang wrote:
September 30, 2021, 8:03 am
Do you think gurgly is scared of needles ? , maybe needs someone to hold his hand ?
No I do not think so, it is the inability to think and act logically that is the problem, always blaming somepone else for his shortfalls. Sad really, Old Age has crept up on him very fast.
KP ..its Sounds like you have met the illusive Giggle or know him personally .. if not surely assuming he or she is old and lacks the ability to think logically is a tad on the rude side [-X

DM
Well he is over the age of 21 and I am sure he has been called far worse in his lifetime, but his posts relating to Vaccinations especially this current pone seems to mirror the Anti Vax brigade currently ocxcupying over 50 per cent of the beds in ICUs across the US, so I think I made the right call there, tad rude no I do not think so. Truth often hurts. people shpould learn to accept it and stop worrying about it upsetting people.

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » September 30, 2021, 4:33 pm

But what about the VIP service he expects..!!!
DM kindly mentioned 2 places this man can go to to get vaxed.
Time for him to put his toy's back in the toy box...
Get into his pram...
And go get vaxed and stop complaining.
YKICAMOOCOW

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 30, 2021, 4:50 pm

I am sure that anyone wants a vac can go and get it
Most farangs I know got the USA donated one
there a few like my self getting the Thai paid for vac

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 30, 2021, 5:04 pm

marcus1 wrote:
September 30, 2021, 4:33 pm
Get into his pram...
I've already answered this, but the mods canned that post, along with several others. I'm not going to take a vaccine that would have me quarantine (10-14 days) in nearly every place I go to outside of Thailand -- AZ and Sinowhatever.

Pfizer vaccinations are not available to under 60s in my province yet. Why do the untermensch of this forum continue to insist that their personal experience is exactly what everyone else will experience. Just stop it -- you're starting to sound like the mods.

Moreover, I will not take one of these silly vaccines because I think it will save me or serve as some sort of holy indulgence in the afterlife. Rather, the only reason I would be vaccinated is that because what's required by the science-ignorant morons who make policy mandating vaccinations to cross borders or eat inside a restaurant, or take online college classes from home.

Yes, the world is mad and full of stupid loons. Some walk among us. I am in no hurry to be vaccinated, and the provincial health authorities seem to be in no hurry to offer me a vaccine that I paid for. Meantime, I may well come sneeze on you if I so choose.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 30, 2021, 8:16 pm

Giggle wrote:
September 30, 2021, 1:21 pm
Parrot, you reject many of my posts for not referring to other posters by their username. I'd expect you to follow your own rules, hypocrite.

I retired in 2005 and moved to Thailand permanently in 2006. I'm well aware of where I am, and my status here as a 16-year non-immigrant (ha, paradise, huh?). Your patronizing, condescending tone is as familiar as it is unwelcome. If you were half as smart as you imagine yourself to be, you'd be dangerous.

Why should I count myself fortunate to receive a pension that I earned, or SS that I contributed toward? Did you know the new SS policy will not allow those without a US address establish an online account? Nice, huh? I'm supposed to be thankful? Nah, only a sycophantic nitwit would feel thankful for such treatment.

I've never worn specs or hearing aids. I'm not a feeble geezer. If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not a big fan of the Udon Map moderation team. You've alienated dozens, maybe hundreds of local expats with your ridiculous "control" over what opinions and observations others are allowed to air. Typical lefty garbage. How many might contribute to this forum but ar turned away by your obsessive need to control the tone? You are pathetic.
So what you're saying is you didn't do any due diligence, burned all your bridges and it's all everyone elses fault?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 30, 2021, 9:00 pm

tamada wrote:
September 30, 2021, 8:16 pm

So what you're saying is you didn't do any due diligence, burned all your bridges and it's all everyone elses fault?
That's not at all what I'm saying, but thanks for playing.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 4, 2021, 11:40 pm

Giggle wrote:
September 30, 2021, 5:04 pm
marcus1 wrote:
September 30, 2021, 4:33 pm
Get into his pram...
I've already answered this, but the mods canned that post, along with several others. I'm not going to take a vaccine that would have me quarantine (10-14 days) in nearly every place I go to outside of Thailand -- AZ and Sinowhatever.

Pfizer vaccinations are not available to under 60s in my province yet. Why do the untermensch of this forum continue to insist that their personal experience is exactly what everyone else will experience. Just stop it -- you're starting to sound like the mods.

Moreover, I will not take one of these silly vaccines because I think it will save me or serve as some sort of holy indulgence in the afterlife. Rather, the only reason I would be vaccinated is that because what's required by the science-ignorant morons who make policy mandating vaccinations to cross borders or eat inside a restaurant, or take online college classes from home.

Yes, the world is mad and full of stupid loons. Some walk among us. I am in no hurry to be vaccinated, and the provincial health authorities seem to be in no hurry to offer me a vaccine that I paid for. Meantime, I may well come sneeze on you if I so choose.
Come to think of it, you do sound underage.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 5, 2021, 1:35 pm

I live in the boonies of Loei province. Since I'm an old guy, (76 yo) I was anxious to get vaccinated. The Loei hospital answered in two words "NO HAVE". a couple weeks ago I woke up with violent shivering. I felt really bad and when I got up to go to to bathroom I was uncoordinated to the point that I had to hold on to things to even walk. I lost my sense of taste and smell that same day. My wife was scared and immediately went to the hospital. She was tested and found to be infected with Covid 19. The doctor came to our house, checked and interviewed me. He insisted that I also be tested. No surprise that I was also infected. I was restricted to the house for about five days then sent to be quarantined at the local hospital for ten more days. I would urge anyone who poo poos Covid to get vaccinated. Trust me, getting vaccinated is far better than fighting the virus. I was very fortunate that I had no breathing problems. I was actually impressed with the small local hospital. Medical care was good and the equipment modern. They have a separate building for contagious patients. The hospital staff were dressed in space suits including their feet. Blood pressure, pulse, temperature and blood oxygen were checked four times a day. Blood sugar every other day plus lots of pills. When we were able to go home, I was shocked that even a short walk wore me out. Even the food was edible although I had little appetite and lost five KG during this battle. We had a private room with two beds. I am still a little weak and have not gotten back my sense of taste and smell although it is slowly returning. Hopefully I can get vaccinated when and if the vaccine becomes available. I was told that I am no longer contagious but that I could be infected with the virus again. My wife is improving much faster than this old man.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 5, 2021, 5:38 pm

^ Good to hear that you have dodged that bullet. I hope you both recover fully and there's none of that long-Covid. How does Loei rate on the national stage for infections anyway? It sounds like your wife maybe was asymptomatic as well? Assuming she caught it first (?), any clues as to how that came about?

Reading the comments on other threads, being previously infected boost the efficacy of that first jab as your body will already have made antibodies. Bloody shame that some provinces seem to be under the 'zero Covid' illusion and don't have any sense of urgency on this. Despite the generally rubbish rollout as overseen by the government, it seems that some provinces have been more proactive in this regard. Khon Kaen and Udon Thani appear to be more on the ball than Nong Khai and Loei.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 5, 2021, 6:18 pm

Well written and sounds like a positive outcome, @glalt. We need more members here to read of your experience and adjust their thinking accordingly.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 5, 2021, 6:20 pm

tamada wrote:
October 5, 2021, 5:38 pm
^ Good to hear that you have dodged that bullet. I hope you both recover fully and there's none of that long-Covid. How does Loei rate on the national stage for infections anyway? It sounds like your wife maybe was asymptomatic as well? Assuming she caught it first (?), any clues as to how that came about?

Reading the comments on other threads, being previously infected boost the efficacy of that first jab as your body will already have made antibodies. Bloody shame that some provinces seem to be under the 'zero Covid' illusion and don't have any sense of urgency on this. Despite the generally rubbish rollout as overseen by the government, it seems that some provinces have been more proactive in this regard. Khon Kaen and Udon Thani appear to be more on the ball than Nong Khai and Loei.
I looked at some of the Loei websites about covid....for grins.......MOPH for Loei website isn't responding. But here's a page that shows the data for 3 Oct.
https://covid.loei.go.th/frontpage

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 5, 2021, 6:56 pm

it is logic that not everyone needs to be vaccinated , all people belonging to the risk groups do so , + 65 , obese, diabetic...enc..., and maybe other underlying deceases ....it is this group that is vulnerable to hospital admittance and risk of dying ..., many others experience normal heavy flu like symptoms , and recover ,one taking longer than other one , our daughter (37) abroad did get covid , brought home from school by her small son , they quarantined 14 days at home and recovered without having to be hospitalized (having heavy flu like symptoms)...., if you are a healthy person , you (maybe )will get sick from covid but will also recover, surely not die unless you belong to the risk group ...not belonging to the risk group i still have confidence in the immune system of my body , stay safe all ... ;)

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 5, 2021, 6:58 pm

The small village we live in had been very lucky and had no Covid until recently. The luck ran out. I usually go for lunch with a friend every other week. The last time we went to Loei city. I think that's where I contracted the infection. I don't know abut my friend. He doesn't answer emails or his phone. My wife insists that's where the infection came from. It well could be.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » October 5, 2021, 7:57 pm

if you are a healthy person , you (maybe )will get sick from covid but will also recover, surely not die unless you belong to the risk group
Correct.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6915e3.htm

It's not a one-size fits all scenario. But it's being treated as such by bureaucrats and petrified geezers.

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » October 6, 2021, 9:28 am

kopkei wrote:
October 5, 2021, 6:56 pm
it is logic that not everyone needs to be vaccinated , all people belonging to the risk groups do so , + 65 , obese, diabetic...enc..., and maybe other underlying deceases ....it is this group that is vulnerable to hospital admittance and risk of dying ..., many others experience normal heavy flu like symptoms , and recover ,one taking longer than other one , our daughter (37) abroad did get covid , brought home from school by her small son , they quarantined 14 days at home and recovered without having to be hospitalized (having heavy flu like symptoms)...., if you are a healthy person , you (maybe )will get sick from covid but will also recover, surely not die unless you belong to the risk group ...not belonging to the risk group i still have confidence in the immune system of my body , stay safe all ... ;)
Sorry but that is mostly hogwash. The healthiest of persons can get COVID and can and do die, not all but some do. Getting a vaccine is a no brainier.

Hatari

Post by Hatari » October 6, 2021, 12:48 pm

Glalt, sorry to hear about your covid experience and I hope you make a full recovery.
About a month ago I got a phone call from Loei hospital advising me to come in for a Pfizer jab the following week, which I did and I had the second jab this morning so I can't understand why you couldn't get vaccinated earlier.
I rang your friend Myk this morning and he is ok but he insists there is no Pfizer vaccine in Thailand even though I and scores of others have been fully vaccinated with Pfizer at Loei hospital.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 6, 2021, 1:24 pm

Speaking from a miserable experience I highly recommend getting vaccinated.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”