Vaccination jabs

General Udon Thani topics only!
jdrags1
udonmap.com

Vaccination jabs

Post by jdrags1 » September 26, 2021, 7:06 pm

We live in the U.S. but go to Udon when the borders are open. My wife (Thai) watches Thai news on ROKU, She is constantly reporting to me that different news reports indicates death or serious illness just after Covid shots. We have both had Phizer with no known after effects. I've also not seen anything about this on international news. I personally don't trust Thai news or any news for that matter. Your responses are welcome. Thank you!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Vaccination jabs

Post by Doodoo » September 26, 2021, 7:25 pm

If you dont trust Thai News then where do you suggest we who live in Thailand get our information from ???
Meanwhile in Thailand over 16,268 have died from Covid How many have died from receiving the vaccine? Who knows
BUT again here is some reading
https://rightsfreedoms.wordpress.com/20 ... s-killing/

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 26, 2021, 7:49 pm

Thai news, along with the news of many other countries in the world (and Udon Map forum), is a mixture of fact, opinion, fantasy and scaremongering.

Fitting squarely into the "fantasy and scaremongering" space is the publication linked above by Doodoo.

If you would like a taste of its credibility, just click on "Our Vision" in the website. This appears very quickly:
At the top of that pyramid you have the Rothschild’s and Rockefeller’s who formed the Federal Reserve in 1913, financed the United Nations, were responsible for Marijuana Prohibition beginning in the early 1900’s. Now they want you to become slaves under the UN’s One World Government. Lower on this pyramid are the “flexians” such as Bill Gates and George Soros. Bill wants to chip you like an animal and force you to get his vaccines in the wake of the Plandemic. George is out to destroy your cities through anarchy and you government as well. Ultimately he wants so much anarchy that a Global Police Force will be brought in to maintain order.
Read the rest at your peril.

Hope this helps.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 26, 2021, 8:17 pm

In the early days of covid vaccination in the US, there were near daily reports of reactions, even death. But as millions of shots are administered, it quickly become evident that the deaths are a fraction of a fraction. And so it is in Thailand. There's all sorts of websites providing accurate info....... and plenty of social media sites providing exaggerated info. I'm not at my desktop right now, but it looks like 222 deaths to 33,000,000++ shots. https://www.thaipost.net/main/detail/115446

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 26, 2021, 8:30 pm

Thanks Parrot BUT our OP said we cant trust the media i.e. Thaipost
So what I am asking him is where do we go for information then?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 26, 2021, 9:20 pm

Your Thai wife got a vaccination in the U.S.? How old is she and how many months did she have to wait?
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 27, 2021, 4:56 pm

Caution: Written by someone with rose-colored glasses
Here's my take on what's believable and what's not in Thailand: In the days of old, when bootleg copies of Windows 95 still ruled in Thailand, there wasn't much in the way of computerized reporting by various government agencies. I supposed back in those days if a district chief wanted to keep the amount of traffic deaths in line with government predictions, he could wave a magic want and it would be such. Today, though, many goverment agencies are reporting facts and figures on a daily basis, sometimes a realtime basis.....and more often than not, that reporting is via social media as well as official channels. The city can't underreport a traffic death when the rescue crews like มูลนิธิอุดรสว่างเมธาธรรมสถาน 明 聖 善 壇 have already reported it on their facebook page. City officials can't underestimate the impact of Covid when the city MOPH is posting regular updates on who's been vaccinated, where they've been vaccinated, who's dying, how they're dying, etc.
But with social media, someone who dies as a result of a covid vaccination receives much more air time than the probably millions or at least many hundred of thousands who were vaccinated with little or no bad effect.
Thai news is no different than that in the US......you get to choose your channel and what you want to believe. If you want to feed on news that make it seem like "America is Coming Apart at the Seams", there's a channel (and a forum) for you.
If you don't trust Thai news or any news for that matter, then I can only guess that you're getting your news from people like the pillow guy or you live in a cave.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 27, 2021, 5:32 pm

Giggle wrote:
September 26, 2021, 9:20 pm
Your Thai wife got a vaccination in the U.S.? How old is she and how many months did she have to wait?
Is it me or is an opening for another harangue being sought here?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 27, 2021, 5:41 pm

tamada wrote:
September 27, 2021, 5:32 pm
Giggle wrote:
September 26, 2021, 9:20 pm
Is it me or is an opening for another harangue being sought here?
correct. :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

jdrags1
udonmap.com

Post by jdrags1 » September 27, 2021, 7:20 pm

I certainly didn't mean to start anything here. I see sports stadiums both here in the U.S. and in Europe full of people with no mask and then see news reports that I.C. U. departments are full in some areas and that morgues are full in some areas (maybe it is the area they are focusing on. I agree if you listen to enough news reports it can seem like the world is coming apart at the seams but my personal reality seems to be different which is why I don't know what to believe. Thanks to everyone who chose to respond!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 27, 2021, 7:48 pm

I do know the ambo is on stand by at the vaccing centre
Wife saw a rotund middle aged bloke fall off his chair after the spearing
He was hastily removed by medical staff

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 27, 2021, 8:43 pm

jdrags1 wrote:
September 27, 2021, 7:20 pm
I certainly didn't mean to start anything here. I see sports stadiums both here in the U.S. and in Europe full of people with no mask and then see news reports that I.C. U. departments are full in some areas and that morgues are full in some areas (maybe it is the area they are focusing on. I agree if you listen to enough news reports it can seem like the world is coming apart at the seams but my personal reality seems to be different which is why I don't know what to believe. Thanks to everyone who chose to respond!
No need to apologize. Like most other countries right now, there's a certain amount of political grandstanding being made by both sides out of a government's response to Covid. Thailand is no exception but lacking a credible opposition and a robust and free media, Thai social media is rife with those blaming every death, regardless of how tenuously related it is to Covid, on the government and their slow start to vaccinating. Nobody pays much attention to pre-existing conditions in Thailand even if they are cited as being a contributing factor.

I've been through four different countries in as many weeks and from what I have experienced, I think it's safe to say that if you follow the basic, universal rules, Thailand is as safe as the next one. Of course that's only valid right up to the moment you catch it, get it bad or maybe expire and once again, it's always someone else's fault and never yours.

Stay safe, wash your hands or gel sanitize, wear a mask and keep your distance.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 28, 2021, 5:11 am

Got my 2nd jab tiday in UK. One person collapsed in the waiting room but seemed more like an epileptic fit. He was abiut half the age of everyone else so maybe had pre-existing conditions., nearly every one was there for boosters. But one person waiting for theirs promtly left...... fear still rules.

Isee giggle claims not to be vaccinated yet. I assume he is an Anti-vaxer by some of his posts. If not, obviously hasn't tried very hard to get one. Either way, up to him, survival of the fittest will decide his future. Was announced today that life expectancy inthe USA has fallen by 2 years since Covid started.

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » September 28, 2021, 8:46 am

tamada wrote:
September 27, 2021, 8:43 pm
I've been through four different countries in as many weeks
Care to share your experience on the logistics involved with this achievement in the current situation - and without any vaccine? I am sure many of us are wondering how easy travel is nowadays, having stayed at home mostly, with multiple tests, COE's and quarantines etc.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 28, 2021, 10:17 am

rick wrote:
September 28, 2021, 5:11 am
Got my 2nd jab tiday in UK. One person collapsed in the waiting room but seemed more like an epileptic fit. He was abiut half the age of everyone else so maybe had pre-existing conditions., nearly every one was there for boosters. But one person waiting for theirs promtly left...... fear still rules.

Isee giggle claims not to be vaccinated yet. I assume he is an Anti-vaxer by some of his posts. If not, obviously hasn't tried very hard to get one. Either way, up to him, survival of the fittest will decide his future. Was announced today that life expectancy inthe USA has fallen by 2 years since Covid started.
Judging by what is going on in the USA Poliotically and otherwise , not only survival of the fittest in the USA but Zombies will also rule together with Morons in charge it seems.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 30, 2021, 2:14 am

What's the matter, KP, buyer's remorse kicking in?

Good Times.

Still waiting for the nice folks at Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to let me know when I can get my first vaccination. Yes, I've emailed them twice and my wife called them and the Public Health office in NK. Told to simply wait. Thank goodness my U.S. tax dollars went toward buying vaccinations for every unwashed Isaan geezer and his soi dog.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 30, 2021, 6:45 am

Giggle wrote:
September 30, 2021, 2:14 am

Good Times.

Still waiting for the nice folks at Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to let me know when I can get my first vaccination. Yes, I've emailed them twice and my wife called them and the Public Health office in NK. Told to simply wait. Thank goodness my U.S. tax dollars went toward buying vaccinations for every unwashed Isaan geezer and his soi dog.

What is with Vuyers remorse, as I have not bought any type of Vaccination for COVID another useless remark . Some people do have allergic reaction to a vaccination, no matter what it is for. As for NK I understand vaccines are available you just need to use some grey matter and get one, that information came by way of a friend in NK whose whole family has been inoculated

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 30, 2021, 7:39 am

Giggle wrote:
September 30, 2021, 2:14 am

Good Times.

It must be frustrating Giggle ... there is the option to do a walk in at the Udon Raja Uni now or go to KK where i think Pfizer is being given to expats., not sure how things are getting vaxxed in another province not The one you reside in.

also ..The TCPH is in Nong Khai province and has a vaccination going on ..a mate went there and has had 2 x AZ jabs already.

btw .. thank goodness indeed. =D>

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 30, 2021, 8:03 am

Do you think gurgly is scared of needles ? , maybe needs someone to hold his hand ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 30, 2021, 10:06 am

papafarang wrote:
September 30, 2021, 8:03 am
Do you think gurgly is scared of needles ? , maybe needs someone to hold his hand ?
No I do not think so, it is the inability to think and act logically that is the problem, always blaming somepone else for his shortfalls. Sad really, Old Age has crept up on him very fast.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”