Thailand Removed from U.K.'s RED Travel List...

General Udon Thani topics only!
747man
udonmap.com

Thailand Removed from U.K.'s RED Travel List...

Post by 747man » October 8, 2021, 2:29 pm

Thailand has also been removed from the red list as has Indonesia, including tourist destination islands like Bali.

It means Brits returning from those countries will no longer have to have to isolate in a hotel for 11 nights at a cost of £2,285.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand Removed from U.K.'s RED Travel List...

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 8, 2021, 10:25 pm

Yippee fookin dooo
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 9, 2021, 5:01 am

What if I was going the other way, would I still have to lay up in an hotel in Pookers for a couple of weeks before beginning another occasional visit to Udon? All sounds a bit rum, Alan.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » October 10, 2021, 6:10 am

Unfortunately, it's not so simple. To enter the UK without isolation you must be double vacinated with a UK approved vaccine - currently only Pfizer, AstraZeneca or Moderna. Further you must have a UK approved Vaccination Certificate - and the present Thai Vaccine Passport is NOT an approved certificate. I am monitoring all this very closely, having been separated from my wife for nine months. She is in Thailand and I am in UK - ne're the twain shall meet!! (without a two week lockdown). All factual information appreciated.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 10, 2021, 11:33 am

The UK will miraculously start accepting all vaccines administered in Thailand and their new fangled yellow jab book at 4 a.m. on Monday.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 10, 2021, 11:37 am

There's a strong possibility that Thailand will waive the need for those already fully vaccinated for at least 14 days prior to travel to serve any ASQ on arrival starting 1 November.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » October 10, 2021, 2:55 pm

tamada wrote:
October 10, 2021, 11:37 am
There's a strong possibility that Thailand will waive the need for those already fully vaccinated for at least 14 days prior to travel to serve any ASQ on arrival starting 1 November.
If be interested to see this announced

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » October 10, 2021, 7:11 pm

tamada is correct. Shown below is taken directly from UK Govt website dated 07 Oct 21.

Approved vaccines
You must have had a complete course of one of the following vaccines at least 14 days before you arrive in England:
• Oxford/AstraZeneca
• Pfizer BioNTech
• Moderna
• Janssen
Formulations of these vaccines, such as AstraZeneca Covishield, AstraZeneca Vaxzevria and Moderna Takeda, also qualify as approved vaccines.

Vaccine certificates only
If you use a vaccine certificate as proof, it must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum:
• your forename and surname(s)
• your date of birth
• vaccine brand and manufacturer
• date of vaccination for every dose
• country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

Countries with an approved proof of vaccination and examples of proof required

Thailand Will be added to this list of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination 4am Monday 11 Oct.

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » October 11, 2021, 9:48 am

Bonanza wrote:
October 10, 2021, 7:11 pm
tamada is correct.

Vaccine certificates only
If you use a vaccine certificate as proof, it must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum:
• your forename and surname(s)
• your date of birth
• vaccine brand and manufacturer
• date of vaccination for every dose
• country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer
The above does not mention a Yellow book like tamada said.

All of the above info is on my vaccine certificate from the hospital.

My hospital only was allowed to vaccinate me after MOPH state approval so facilitated the issuance of a MOPH vaccine certificate which clearly states it is a state issuance. A copy of this also appears on my state controlled MorProm app.
StateVaccine.jpg

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 11, 2021, 10:57 am

Mjkt wrote:
October 11, 2021, 9:48 am

My hospital only was allowed to vaccinate me after MOPH state approval so facilitated the issuance of a MOPH vaccine certificate which clearly states it is a state issuance. A copy of this also appears on my state controlled MorProm app.
StateVaccine.jpg
The yellow "Passport" includes all the personal and vaccination details mentioned above, plus identifying that it is issued by a state authority, and that it is a "Certificate".

I would be very surprised if it is not accepted as such by UK authorities. Of course, carrying your original single page Certificate as backup is probably wise.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 11, 2021, 3:21 pm

If there are any doubts about what constitutes an acceptable vaccination certificate, if you have a MOPH-issued vaccination certificate, I would recommend scanning the QR code with your smartphone and carefully checking that the details presented by the QR decode matches what has been written in the certificate. As DM and others have pointed out, some of the translations for the vaccination yellow book have been dodgy so if anyone is planning using the printed certificate, best to check that it all matches since the QR code is typically the fastest and easiest way for authorities to check it's validity.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » October 11, 2021, 3:31 pm

Have my certificate, all details apart from address are correct. I watched as the guy doing the certificate was waiting a long time for the brain cells to connect and even though my wife was standing beside me he never asked just made up an address in Udon City. TIT.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 13, 2021, 12:53 am

Thailand to open up to ten new countries - has someone posted this already?? Ho, ho, I could be late to the party, readers.

BBC News - Thailand to reopen for some vaccinated visitors on 1 November
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58838189
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » October 13, 2021, 6:35 am

Could I suggest that someone with a yellow vaccine certificate (book) emails a pic to the British Embassy and asks them if this is approved by the UK government. :D (Although based on past experience of the embassy I also suspect that it might take a long time for a response) :(

Other suggestions for confirmation are welcome

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 13, 2021, 4:43 pm

AlexO wrote:
October 11, 2021, 3:31 pm
Have my certificate, all details apart from address are correct. I watched as the guy doing the certificate was waiting a long time for the brain cells to connect and even though my wife was standing beside me he never asked just made up an address in Udon City. TIT.
Have you scanned the QR code on the certificate with your smartphone barcode scanner to read what it says?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”