Pfizer Vaccine at Khon Kaen

General Udon Thani topics only!
ladda3904
udonmap.com

Pfizer Vaccine at Khon Kaen

Post by ladda3904 » October 8, 2021, 8:54 pm

If any of you received the vaccine jabs through the Bangkok Hospital registration in Khon Kaen. My wife received her Pfizer vaccine there. We went back today so she could apply for a Vaccine Passport. We went to the Srinagarind Hospital on the University campus. It is behind the Heart Hospital. If you need to do this the following items are needed.
The information center will direct you to the area where you can get the forms and do the application.
1. Copy of passport page with your picture etc.
2. In our case my wife is Thai so she needed copy of her ID card.
3. They will give you 2 forms to complete. We were told they did not need copies of the forms we completed. We made copies anyway and they kept them.
IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE HOSPITAL IT IS DIFFICULT TO FIND A PLACE TO MAKE THE COPIES. AFTER ASKING 4 OR 5 PEOPLE WE FINALLY GOT THE RIGHT DIRECTIONS. NO WAY I COULD GIVE YOU ACCURATE DIRECTIONS AFTER ROAMING AROUND.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Re: Pfizer Vaccine at Khon Kaen

Post by ladda3904 » October 8, 2021, 8:57 pm

One more tidbit if you must go to Srinagarind Hospital. Parking is a night mare. We found a parking area in front of the Faculty of Dentistry. Nothing more than a clearing among some trees.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 8, 2021, 10:19 pm

Hey jai yen yen .. you chose to go to KK for ywr vax ..the fact its now walk in for all vax in Udon should not not make it bitter sweet ..

The only people now thatcarent vaxxed is becoos they are proactive to get get vaxxed .. are u liteneing gig ??

Btw the road workrs ud to kk are wrorse than any wait in a crowded UD umi ??

Just sayin Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » October 8, 2021, 10:27 pm

Too many beers for DM tonight..
Cheers John.
YKICAMOOCOW

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 8, 2021, 10:40 pm

marcus1 wrote:
October 8, 2021, 10:27 pm
Too many beers for DM tonight..
Cheers John.
Ay had a few mate but still copus mentus

Btw i love Lizzy

https://youtu.be/OYZ6zC2wV2M

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » October 9, 2021, 5:08 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 8, 2021, 10:19 pm
the fact its now walk in for all vax in Udon should not not make it bitter sweet ..
Can you supply more detail on this, thanks

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 9, 2021, 6:53 am

ladda3904 wrote:
October 8, 2021, 8:57 pm
One more tidbit if you must go to Srinagarind Hospital. Parking is a night mare. We found a parking area in front of the Faculty of Dentistry. Nothing more than a clearing among some trees.
Why anyone with half a brain would want to drive to KK to get vaccinated beggars belief, but each to their own I say.
Patience is a virtue which many after running around like headless chickens have found out .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 9, 2021, 7:22 am

bluejets wrote:
October 9, 2021, 5:08 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
the fact its now walk in for all vax in Udon should not not make it bitter sweet ..
(ANYONE OVER 18) can walk into the Udon RAJA Uni jab site and get vaxxed now ..without registering .

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » October 9, 2021, 7:39 am

The less effective sinovac had been available for months now. My US citizen wife was denied Pfizer jabs by the powers that be in Udon. Thus a trip to KK to receive the vaccine donated by the USA. Not complaining about tripping to KK just trying to help others who may be doing the same. Regarding the road work. It makes the trip a little slower but is very manageable. Since we retired we don't allow a little extra time to dictate our movements.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » October 9, 2021, 1:09 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 9, 2021, 7:22 am
bluejets wrote:
October 9, 2021, 5:08 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
(ANYONE OVER 18) can walk into the Udon RAJA Uni jab site and get vaxxed now ..without registering .
With Pfizer...??

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » October 9, 2021, 6:40 pm

You can't get the Pfizer vaccine as a walk in. The current exception is for students in certain age groups.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » October 11, 2021, 9:36 am

Khun Paul. Since I have a entire brain, as opposed to the half you mentioned, we drove to KK for vaccine. People with entire brains understand the difference between a good vaccine and one that is less effective. I don't recall asking your advice or your input. I have no problem spending the time and effort to help my US citizen wife after she was refused Pfizer in Udon.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 11, 2021, 10:07 am

ladda3904 wrote:
October 11, 2021, 9:36 am
Khun Paul. Since I have a entire brain, as opposed to the half you mentioned, we drove to KK for vaccine. People with entire brains understand the difference between a good vaccine and one that is less effective. I don't recall asking your advice or your input. I have no problem spending the time and effort to help my US citizen wife after she was refused Pfizer in Udon.
I did say to each their own, you had good reason, many I know wen t running around and still got nothing. If you felt I was saying you had half a brain, my apologies, but your answer tells me the truth.
Have a good day.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 11, 2021, 12:08 pm

ladda3904 wrote:
October 9, 2021, 6:40 pm
You can't get the Pfizer vaccine as a walk in. The current exception is for students in certain age groups.
Not sure about that now ladda ... a 30 something Thai mate works at Udon post office sorting office on HW 2 walked in and got Pfizer this morning.. he didnt book register just walked in and requested Pfizer .. seems all the 4 major player vaccines (Pf , Az , Sino , Sinphm ) are now available.. possibly an error or down to the luck of the draw ..i have no reason to doubt the guy and he did have a little blue sticker.

DM

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » October 11, 2021, 4:04 pm

We went to Rajabhat university this afternoon at about 13:30, no queue, we asked the medical staff at the registration desk about getting Pfizer vaccine for my TGF... We were told that NO Pfizer today, ONLY sinovac and sinopharm, and that we should go to the Health Ministry to register. We dis but not having all the required docs, we will come back tomorrow morning.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » October 11, 2021, 6:41 pm

DM posted earlier his mate walked in and got the Pfizer vaccine. Didn't say where he went.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 11, 2021, 7:31 pm

ladda3904 wrote:
October 11, 2021, 6:41 pm
DM posted earlier his mate walked in and got the Pfizer vaccine. Didn't say where he went.
Indeed TODAY i was at Udon post office late morning n bumped into.mi Thai mate who works at the sorting office on hw 2 ... he had just been to Raja uni UDON and had Pfizer .. n still.had the sticker on show .. i cant comment if it was part of a PO group booking or if other post office staff being vaxxed but he said he went and got pf jabbed .. he had not registered prior to going that i did ask as was sorprised he had had the Pfizer .. maybe the PO reg for him .. cannot confirm.

DM

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » October 12, 2021, 5:36 pm

the-monk wrote:
October 11, 2021, 4:04 pm
We went to Rajabhat university this afternoon at about 13:30, no queue, we asked the medical staff at the registration desk about getting Pfizer vaccine for my TGF... We were told that NO Pfizer today, ONLY sinovac and sinopharm, and that we should go to the Health Ministry to register. We dis but not having all the required docs, we will come back tomorrow morning.
Any updates?
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » October 12, 2021, 7:43 pm

We needed a Pfizer vaccine for my TGF to travel, so yesterday we went to the Health Office (HO) to register as suggested by the nurse at Rajabhat Uni. At the Health Office, my TGF explained to the young agent that she had got a dose of sinovac and an AZ shot but that was not sufficient to meet the vaccination requirements of the 2 countries (Japan and my home country ) that we were planning to visit later this year or early next.
He made the following requests.
Invitation letter from country XX ( my home country) and from Japan.
Addresses of people we intended to visit.
Addresses while in Japan and in country XX.
Marriage certificate or something of that nature.
Have you got your plane tickets ?
Anyway I was NOT going to give him this kind of info. Last night I prepared a list of names and addresses of commercial establishments to satisfy him.

Today Tuesday October 12.

We got to the HO at about 10 am. The same guy is on duty. My TGF handed in the vaccine request form without any additional doc.
He took a look at both passports, copied mine and returned both. He started by saying that we would need to wait 3-4 months before getting the Pfizer shot ( booster ) but I was looking for a full Pfizer vaccine. I raised my voice and said NO NO 3 months would take us next year we would miss Xmas and New Year, i added 2 months should do it.
A long monologue in Thai followed, then he suggested mid-late November.
OK OK thank you.
He never bothered to ask about the BS docs mentioned yesterday.

Grab a seat …. SHOCKING NEWS . …..

This afternoon at about 17:15 my TGH got a phone call from the same HO to go to Rajabhat Uni. to get her booster shot.
She got her Pfizer Booster before 18:00.
She is back home. No side effect so far.
At the Uni she said there were 11 people, including 1 foreigner getting the shot.
At

Amazing Thailand !!!!!!!

P.S. I went to the office next door ( nearer to the complex entrance) to get my Yellow vaccination book. All systems down. A very friendly young man with perfect English helped me to register online. I must wait 24 hrs and check my email for approval.

P.S. THe Health Office (HO) I mentioned is the office located at the corner Athiphoodi Rd and Makkheang rd.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 13, 2021, 7:47 am

Pleased you got the missus sorted out monk. =D>

So It seems there possibly is Pfizer in stock and available at the Raja Uni depending on how one chooses to go about getting it...at the moment looks like sino/spham jab one followed by AZ for the second is whats on offer.

Now OCTOBER 2021 and no updates re Moderna via BKKUDH .. but yet another email in my inbox requesting i pay for Moderna version 2 for next year when version one has been paid for 4 months ago and is still currently lost in space

UCMTSU

DM

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”