Moderna

General Udon Thani topics only!
AlexO
udonmap.com

Moderna

Post by AlexO » November 10, 2021, 7:55 am

Just received an email from Bangkok Udon Hospital. They are getting first issue of the Moderna vaccine today. Have been told to attend 4th floor on Central Mall on 13th to be vaxxed. Anyone else get this email/message? Will be using this as a booster as already have 2 Pfizer jabs. No specific timings so it sounds as if first come first served.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: Moderna

Post by Bandung_Dero » November 10, 2021, 1:30 pm

No expert but I would have thought 6 or so weeks is too short a time to receive a booster on top of Pfizer???
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 10, 2021, 3:37 pm

The 'standard' booster timing in other countries appears to be 6 months. The NHS in the UK have just just rejigged that to 5 months but that's maybe more about managing the rush better rather than the medical expedient?

My mate down in Pattaya who got his two AZ shots in Bangkok last summer also bought a Moderna shot around the same time from Bangkok Hospital for future delivery. If it's offered too early for a booster for him, he would transfer it to either his wife or daughter if they were still waiting.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 11, 2021, 9:21 am

Was kind of thinking the same, and will get the wife to call the hospital and see what the 'experts' say. The wife has also had the double jab so she might have to wait as well.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 12, 2021, 8:25 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
November 10, 2021, 1:30 pm
No expert but I would have thought 6 or so weeks is too short a time to receive a booster on top of Pfizer???
In Canada, it is a six month wait from your second vaccine shot to the booster. Priority is been given to people over 65.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 12, 2021, 10:09 pm

Would have thought the longer you wait before you get your booster then the time you are covered would be longer, thus the time before you will need your 4th 5th etc will be extended

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 13, 2021, 4:14 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 12, 2021, 10:09 pm
Would have thought the longer you wait before you get your booster then the time you are covered would be longer, thus the time before you will need your 4th 5th etc will be extended
True but it has been shown that the effectiveness of the vaccine is quite diminished after 6 months so if you wait longer than that you are running on less protection.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 13, 2021, 2:59 pm

Pzifer themselves say their jab wanes after six months, so a booster is needed..

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 13, 2021, 3:11 pm

Spoke to the hospital and they confirmed better to wait until 6 months from second jab. Not dangerous just not necessary within six months. So booked for end of March beginning of April next year.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 13, 2021, 4:16 pm

I have received 2 or 3 emails from.Bkkud hospital re Moderna jabbing .. today they phoned to go get the vax tomorrow at Central .. having already had 2 Pfizer jabs i asked to take a Moderna Q number in the New Year and tbis was fine no problem.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » November 13, 2021, 4:53 pm

Six months wait in Aus as well.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » November 13, 2021, 9:17 pm

Here in U.S. got my Moderna booster last week at 7 1/2 months after 2nd Moderna shot. Only reaction tiredness that evening, some lower body aches and sore arm for 4 days

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 14, 2021, 8:20 am

I just had another call at 8am this morning asking if i wanted to got to Central TODAY for a Moderna vax .. having already spoken to BKKUDH yesterday and requested a jab in the New Year it seems they are chasing people get them there...

i had my second Pfizer early September so circa Feb/March 2022 approx 5-6 months i will use the Moderna thats already paid for as a booster...no problems with that as Lot 2 will arrive December or January.

At the moment and as info only ..the Q current numbers are Vaccine Lot 1 numbers 8,016 to 9,700 .. you can also walk in to Central as well TODAY 10 am to 4pm just take your receipt of payment and passport/ID.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 14, 2021, 10:49 am

received a BKK Hospital e-mail last week that improved their Moderna scheduling with a drop down where you could pick times up to and including January/February/March of 2022. The wife and I were "fully vaccinated" the beginning of September so I indicated March for both the wife's and my vaccine registration. They called to confirm Friday.. So, we wait till next year and hopefully BKK Hospital will have adequate supplies of Moderna for us to get a double "booster" at that time.
Dave

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”