drive from ChonB to UD

General Udon Thani topics only!
maaka
udonmap.com

drive from ChonB to UD

Post by maaka » January 2, 2022, 5:50 pm

anyone have a clue of current travel restrictions by road, from Chonburi to Udon..

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: drive from ChonB to UD

Post by jackspratt » January 2, 2022, 7:27 pm

Not sure about the first part, but there have not been any advertised restrictions.

Certainly weren't when I drove during November.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 2, 2022, 8:10 pm

And the restriction were????

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 2, 2022, 8:52 pm

Doodoo wrote:
January 2, 2022, 8:10 pm
And the restriction were????
Have you suddenly become too lazy to do your own research - as you have suggested others do on several occasions?

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » January 3, 2022, 9:42 am

Friends from Udon met me in Pattaya on December 31. No covid check points anywhere from Udon.

They left early this morning and no check points going back to Udon so far. They are in Khorat.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 3, 2022, 10:27 am

rodger that..nice to know, as I might fang up the highway(s) like Bert Munro.
A fella did check around on the webweb, before posting, but tv remotes, cell phones, and the internet, dont go for me, abit like these women that have a kinda sixth sense about which men have money.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » January 4, 2022, 5:46 am

Update - my visitors in Pattaya returned to Udon about 5pm and called to let me know that there were no covid checkpoints anywhere along the way on Highway 2.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 4, 2022, 9:34 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
January 4, 2022, 5:46 am

Update - my visitors in Pattaya returned to Udon about 5pm and called to let me know that there were no covid checkpoints anywhere along the way on Highway 2.
Did they mention any roadworks? I recall DM having a nightmare 7 hour drive just to get to Buriram on the day that they started heading south for the Bankok 'reopening'. The worst bit between here and KK maybe?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 4, 2022, 9:52 am

Im heading down that way next week ..will update thereafter...

(absolutely no way im traveling this week and getting mangled up in the Isan NY tail enders going back to Bangers)

Re road works .. large sections had been cleared and opened up for the NY rush but its still messy in places .. planning the best day and time of day to travel is essential.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 4, 2022, 1:01 pm

maaka wrote:
January 3, 2022, 10:27 am
rodger that..nice to know, as I might fang up the highway(s) like Bert Munro.
A fella did check around on the webweb, before posting, but tv remotes, cell phones, and the internet, dont go for me, abit like these women that have a kinda sixth sense about which men have money.
In the hot off the press "covid cases udon" thread, there are indications that roadside stop and temperature testing may increase over the coming few days. That and the DPM and Health Orifice Anutin suggesting to the CCSA that 'Test & Go' be kicked further into touch or at least until February.

viewtopic.php?f=139&t=52779&start=1440
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » January 5, 2022, 6:37 am

Udon to KK is still problematical. The worst stretch presently is just north of the Ring Road round KK. How bad it is depends on the time of day though. Unless theres any RTAs, you can usually do UTH to KK adding c15/20 mins on to normal journey time.

I did Ubon Ratchathani to KK yesterday in a record 3 hrs 25 mins without travelling at breakneck speed. Roads were pretty quiet.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 5, 2022, 6:56 am

samster wrote:
January 5, 2022, 6:37 am
Udon to KK is still problematical. The worst stretch presently is just north of the Ring Road round KK. How bad it is depends on the time of day though. Unless theres any RTAs, you can usually do UTH to KK adding c15/20 mins on to normal journey time.

I did Ubon Ratchathani to KK yesterday in a record 3 hrs 25 mins without travelling at breakneck speed. Roads were pretty quiet.
Adding 20 mins to UD - KK is spot on info sam .. as is your noting that at present the worst section is just outside KK UD side.

Circa 3hrs 30 mins is excellent from KK to Ubon .. UD - UB is around the 5 hour mark without encountering any rta hold ups etc.

Hopefully back on the road next week will update .. Ud to Bkk then numerous provinces on the way back ..depending on Omicron of course.

Mate in Patts saying Omi is rife n surging down there schools closing again plus as reported on Thaiger more check points appeared around fun city yesterday with nasty consequences if testing Poz as its whisked off to a hospitel rather than the beach.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » January 5, 2022, 10:39 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 5, 2022, 6:56 am
samster wrote:
January 5, 2022, 6:37 am

Adding 20 mins to UD - KK is spot on info sam .. as is your noting that at present the worst section is just outside KK UD side.

Circa 3hrs 30 mins is excellent from KK to Ubon .. UD - UB is around the 5 hour mark without encountering any rta hold ups etc.

Hopefully back on the road next week will update .. Ud to Bkk then numerous provinces on the way back ..depending on Omicron of course.

Mate in Patts saying Omi is rife n surging down there schools closing again plus as reported on Thaiger more check points appeared around fun city yesterday with nasty consequences if testing Poz as its whisked off to a hospitel rather than the beach.

DM
Drove Udon to KK Friday, a little over 90 minutes, came back Sunday about the same plus lady pee pee stops. Really no problems or check points.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 6, 2022, 3:25 pm

Thanks for that Alex, it reminded me of the first time I drove North Udon to Don Sak (ferry for Samui), was on my own and did the run in 13 .5 hrs (one stop for Gas/Coffee/Loo/Nibbles from 7/11) ..... next trip was about 6 months later with Mrs Statts in car took 17.5 hrs and had EIGHT stops en route (most "Pee Pee " stops)

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”