When was the bible written?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: When was the bible written?

Post by Khun Paul » June 4, 2022, 7:01 am

As the OP asked when was he Bible written, ones personal bel;iefs have actually NO BEARING on that question. Thankfully or not we have Zero electronic digital footprint of when it was written, nor due to Homo sapiens happily warring, destroying and looting and pillaging over the last 2000 + years are detailed documenatary evidence available as to the precise date, day or even hour as to when this Book , which basically a compilation of stories told by many people about ONE MAN. The Old Tetstament or as some put it p[art One of Two , is believed ( note the use of the word believed ) to be another compilation of stories going back a very very long time and Archeological and Scientific evidence is even sketchier, so the true answer is NO-one knows, be they Ultra religious or Agnostic and everything in-between.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 4, 2022, 7:15 am

AlexO wrote:
June 2, 2022, 7:02 pm
Us believers in science may just be proved wrong one day. I can tell you that on more than one occasion I shouted For Jesus Christ when nasty things were being aimed at us. There were other words that we are not allowed to use on this Forum.
I know exactly what you mean.

Was gettyfuhyebastid an example of the latter?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 4, 2022, 7:17 am

AlexO wrote:
June 3, 2022, 11:22 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
June 3, 2022, 5:34 pm
AlexO wrote:
Us believers in science may just be proved wrong one day. I can tell you that on more than one occasion I shouted For Jesus Christ when nasty things were being aimed at us. There were other words that we are not allowed to use on this Forum.
That to me Alex, is just a result of the false doctrine you had rammed down your throat for years as a young school child. We All get programmed to respond in that way from the time you enter infants school until you are old enough to question what you are being taught, and make up our own minds based on facts rather than stories, and by then the seed has been planted
Probably something like that, but to use words like, false doctrine, rammed down my throat and programmed for me is as excessive as your total banal hatred for anything slightly right of outright Marxism. When did your indoctrination begin that causes you to have so much hatred in other peoples beliefs.
Pot-kettle alert!
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 4, 2022, 8:09 am

tamada wrote:
June 4, 2022, 7:15 am
AlexO wrote:
I know exactly what you mean.

Was gettyfuhyebastid an example of the latter?
No more along the lines of Ohferfugssake wherethefugdidthatcumfae

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 4, 2022, 1:01 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 2, 2022, 5:47 pm
GT93 wrote:
June 2, 2022, 2:39 am
I think I recall correctly many C of E clergy in the UK think the bible contains a lot of nonsense.
Perhaps they are being swayed by the mountains of evidence being stacked against them. Just about every so called religious relic seems to be in several different pilgrimage sites, and are eventually shown to be fake when proper testing is allowed (Turin Shroud etc), whereas almost every time there is a major archaeological dig they seem to find stuff that backs up the writings of Homer/Plato/Ancient Egyptian scribes/etc (Ephesus/Canakkale/Carthage etc)
The layperson Catholic in America appears to feel similarly misrepresented these days.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-us- ... 85de7df95a
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”