Deans place, fire.

General Udon Thani topics only!
samuel
udonmap.com

Re: Deans place, fire.

Post by samuel » June 11, 2022, 9:12 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 11, 2022, 5:41 pm
...In truth the best and only way to force an addict into.rehab is via being arrested and put on remand ie sent to.prison where they can apply fir renab n get clean relatively quickly..if nothing is done this never ends well ..death is what awaits most addicts that dont seek help either voluntarily ir otherwise.....
i 100% agree to that.
in case of young female addicts add "unwanted pregnancy" to the list of problems to follow.
keep in mind that yabba is the biggest challenge nowadays.
millions of pills caught by the police almost every day.
these pills are available at a very low level and EVERYWHERE.
don't hesitate to report the addict to the police even if it is a family member.
once listed the officials will take "care": regular drug tests etc.
yabba is much worse than alcohol.
just show your iron hand or else you'll sink as well....
[-X

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 12, 2022, 6:53 am

What many of us are guilty of doing is putting a Western spon on a Thai problem, albeit the same problem we experience in our worlds, but we forget Thai Culture and family and and.
I spoke to dean and was quietly amazed said young lady was still there, but as it is family we can say little.
Thise that advocate arrest/ Police etc are nNOT really doing anyone any favours as such action could alienate the very people we are trying to0 help.
Too often our logical minds fail to grasp the complex situation regarding families etc and in doing so wreck our own lives.

WEhatever Dean and his dear lady decide to do it is their business and all we can do is to assist in helping Dean rebuild his business, not get involved in Family matters, no matter HOW good intentioned we think we are.

Some coments I have read, would be a Red rag to me if it was my family , best leave that side of it alone I think . I am sure Dean and his wife ( who is also the mother of the daughter ) know what to do, neither of them are stupid.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 12, 2022, 9:41 am

no sunday lunch today but we will be open. i will be making free pizza for everyone . thanks for all the support given
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 12, 2022, 9:43 am

Potamoi wrote:
June 11, 2022, 7:54 pm
Whistler wrote:
June 11, 2022, 4:00 pm
I think Dean would appreciate help with the roof. How about as many as possible donate 1000 for materials.
Good thought Whistler. I stopped in to see how I can help out this afternoon. With some help he should be back to Sunday roast next week (his timing estimate). His Bain-Marie and several other appliances are trashed including that big shawarma kebab spinal cooker thing which also served as a wintertime heater.

I snaped a pic of his bank QR code in case any UM'ers would like to help out with a donation.

Dean QR.jpg

I think a few of the fellas are going around to help a bit more on the cleanup and prep for repaint etc tomorrow. Electricity has been restored and the freezers were not damaged or switched off as they are on a different circuit so frozen sales and golden liquid are still available. Lots of tools and machines lost in the blaze and we are all very happy there were no injuries of course.

Dean please post in here what tools, materials you might need.
thanks for that, im useless with these things .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » June 12, 2022, 1:53 pm

Sorry to hear about the fire Deano. Chin up mate, plenty of people rooting for you and offering help.

All the best.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » June 12, 2022, 2:35 pm

AlexO wrote:
June 11, 2022, 8:37 pm
Have no idea on how to use these QR Code things but if some can PM me with Deans Bank details will stick a couple of bob in to help.
Me too, is there a PayPal account or something?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 12, 2022, 4:40 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
June 12, 2022, 6:53 am
What many of us are guilty of doing is putting a Western spon on a Thai problem, albeit the same problem we experience in our worlds, but we forget Thai Culture and family and and.
I spoke to dean and was quietly amazed said young lady was still there, but as it is family we can say little.
Thise that advocate arrest/ Police etc are nNOT really doing anyone any favours as such action could alienate the very people we are trying to0 help.
Too often our logical minds fail to grasp the complex situation regarding families etc and in doing so wreck our own lives.

WEhatever Dean and his dear lady decide to do it is their business and all we can do is to assist in helping Dean rebuild his business, not get involved in Family matters, no matter HOW good intentioned we think we are.

Some coments I have read, would be a Red rag to me if it was my family , best leave that side of it alone I think . I am sure Dean and his wife ( who is also the mother of the daughter ) know what to do, neither of them are stupid.
Hear what you are saying KP, but Thai family traditions have been built up over many generations and I would doubt that they were ever formed with the Yabba and Meth (especially) problem that has only really manifested its self over the last two generations I used to holiday here more than 35 years ago, mostly the Patong area when I was liveaboard diving and the only addiction I seen back then, was for Nokia mobiles, nearly every girl was desperate to own one. The drug problem we have now was never seen. I agree with you that Dean and his Missus are not stupid but how many parents in the West have you seen trying alone to sort out their child's drug problem for it only to end in some form of tragedy. Just hope she gets the help she needs soon before something worse happens.

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » June 12, 2022, 6:51 pm

Sorry to read this Dean. Only met you once back in April when myself and my Son came in for a top quality Sunday lunch. I really hope you get back on your feet soon and we’ll be sure to drop in when back in July/ August

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 13, 2022, 8:40 am

well with the worst day for our business Friday , with help from many people the worst part is over. we have a day of trying to clean up as much smoke damage as possible. support has been overwhelming. thank you everybody for the help and things not feeling so bad today. some hard work ahead of us this week but we will be back asap. i'll keep everyone updated of the progress later this week

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 13, 2022, 9:04 am

papafarang wrote:
June 13, 2022, 8:40 am
well with the worst day for our business Friday , with help from many people the worst part is over. we have a day of trying to clean up as much smoke damage as possible. support has been overwhelming. thank you everybody for the help and things not feeling so bad today. some hard work ahead of us this week but we will be back asap. i'll keep everyone updated of the progress later this week
Great to hear everything is coming together just in time for me coming home this weekend 🤠 So sorry to hear what happened but glad no one hurt and damages being sorted by a good bunch of lads.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 13, 2022, 12:33 pm

papafarang wrote:
Looked like a huge effort has already been exerted and just the cleaning, painting, new roof and rewiring to get done. Have they started the pressure washing yet? I have a couple more if that will speed things up.

PS: I'll try and not miss the pizza next time.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

papafarang
udonmap.com

Re: Deans place,free beer snacks

Post by papafarang » June 13, 2022, 4:19 pm

tamada wrote:
June 13, 2022, 12:33 pm
papafarang wrote:
Looked like a huge effort has already been exerted and just the cleaning, painting, new roof and rewiring to get done. Have they started the pressure washing yet? I have a couple more if that will speed things up.

PS: I'll try and not miss the pizza next time.
Just having a quick break from it, raining soot
Last edited by papafarang on June 19, 2022, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 18, 2022, 11:12 am

well a week of repairs done , but unfortunately the new equipment needed for sunday carvery has not arrived. so sorry no lunch tomorrow. my apologies , so much for 3 day delivery.. 6 days later still no sign. oh well TIT as they say

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » June 18, 2022, 11:46 am

There is always the green and brown liquid lunch, Dean!
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 18, 2022, 12:45 pm

Potamoi wrote:
June 18, 2022, 11:46 am
big tray of salty roast potatoes too

papafarang
udonmap.com

Re: Deans place, free beer snacks

Post by papafarang » June 19, 2022, 11:02 am

papafarang wrote:
June 18, 2022, 12:45 pm
Potamoi wrote:
mini pepper steak pies and buttered baby potatoes too. not much else you can do with just a pie warmer at hand :(

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Deans place, free beer snacks

Post by tamada » June 19, 2022, 12:10 pm

papafarang wrote:
June 19, 2022, 11:02 am
papafarang wrote:
June 18, 2022, 12:45 pm
Potamoi wrote:
mini pepper steak pies and buttered baby potatoes too. not much else you can do with just a pie warmer at hand :(
Sounds bloody yummy.

Do you have any smoke flavored stuff?

Asking for a friend.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”