Deans place, fire.

General Udon Thani topics only!
AlexO
udonmap.com

Deans place, fire.

Post by AlexO » June 11, 2022, 11:56 am

Just been told about a devastating fire at Pa Pa Farangs place. Its on his Face Book page. So sorry that it happened to such a good guy.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Deans place, fire.

Post by Doodoo » June 11, 2022, 12:11 pm

How can we help???
The pictures are available on Facebook

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 11, 2022, 12:30 pm

Doodoo wrote:
June 11, 2022, 12:11 pm
How can we help???
The pictures are available on Facebook
Agree doodoo.

Dean, you have many friends. Can we organise a working party to all come around and help out?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » June 11, 2022, 12:42 pm

AlexO wrote:
June 11, 2022, 11:56 am
Just been told about a devastating fire at Pa Pa Farangs place. Its on his Face Book page. So sorry that it happened to such a good guy.
Do you have a link AlexO?
I checked Dean Stevens Papas Pie FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/2201393 ... 0139842807
as well as Expat Info Udon group page https://www.facebook.com/groups/expat.info.udon.thani
but don't see anything about a fire
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 11, 2022, 12:48 pm

https://www.facebook.com/search/posts/?q=dean
Sorry should have posted this in the first post.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 11, 2022, 12:56 pm

AlexO wrote:
June 11, 2022, 12:48 pm
https://www.facebook.com/search/posts/?q=dean
Sorry should have posted this in the first post.
This page isn't available
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 11, 2022, 1:02 pm

Works fine for me Tam, just opened it again on your copied link.
if not working go to Face Book, Search, Dean Stevens, and go to posts.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 11, 2022, 1:07 pm

AlexO wrote:
June 11, 2022, 1:02 pm
Works fine for me Tam, just opened it again on your copied link.
if not working go to Face Book, Search, Dean Stevens, and go to posts.
I'm not a FB member so can't get to any search functionality. No matter, I am sure our grapevine will fill in the blanks. Thanks for making a post about it. Apparently happened yesterday while UFES were having an away day at the car wash.

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 11, 2022, 1:21 pm

His step daughter in a fit of anger apparently after she was caught raiding the till. Think the bar area is Ok but the kitchen is destroyed. Not sure about extent of damage throughout but photo's posted show how damaging the fire was in the area.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 11, 2022, 1:30 pm

Deans Fire.jpg
Couple of photo's showing destruction.
Deans Fire.jpg
Attachments
Deans fire 2.jpg

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 11, 2022, 1:30 pm

Sorry about duplicate photo.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 11, 2022, 1:42 pm

Sad, way too sad. Nobody's hurt but this is devastating for Dean's business.

I'm with Whistler on this and let's rally round and see what Dean says we can do to help.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » June 11, 2022, 1:51 pm

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 11, 2022, 2:05 pm

That looks like the bakery AND the Sunday Carvery corner in the main building got torched.

I stand corrected, just the carvery corner.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 11, 2022, 4:00 pm

Just dropped around. A number of people have all ready been around and helped. The fire was mainly in the carvery area. Everything included stainless steel servery is toast. Powered back in kitchen thanks to Mick. Lots of smoke damage and ceiling destroyed. Needs big pressure spray of walls and repainting, metal roof damaged, ceiling replaced. I am dropping power tools and pressure cleaner around tomorrow,. I think Dean would appreciate help with the roof. How about as many as possible donate 1000 for materials.

Cheers
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 11, 2022, 5:41 pm

Come out of UM hibernation to offer my regret and opinion after hearing about the fire at Deans.
Initially i was enjoying a beer with Col n Denis plus a dew othrr guys when Col told me ..i never thought much about ut assuming it was,a,waste bin fire at worst ..sadly after seeing the pics it was way worse..
Well done to all who have are are assisting especialky Phil.n Micky ..i plan to.go tomorrow to see if can do anything to help.
I have also read how the fire started ..seems confirmed was Deans step daughter ..from.personel experience here is my opinion on the very difficult situation Dean finds himself in and i make no apologies fir telling ut as it is.
It is common knowledge this young lady a drug addict ..yabba , crack head and having had first hand experience on numerous occasions she seems to be a text book case.
I saw girls in out gogo bar , my sons girl friend and extended family members going through this tragic situation ..in my case so much so i decided to get help in hiw to deal with this and more so what to expect
Once addicted the steps that follow are very predictable
Low level.theft to fund habit..
Low level.increases to high level theft if anything that can be sold ..including motor bikes n cars
Vandalism when parents ir family members refuse funds
Low level.violence leading to high kevel threats to get funds
Including arson
Lastly direct viiolence usually involving weapons knives or guns

It seems pretty obvious which stage this person is at... very difficult situation fir all concerned with few happy options ..

Bambat .. / rehab ..often the addict wont volunteer as they dont thing they are at fault ..the yabba destroys all rational thoughts and scrambles the head so the body does crazy stuff that increase in severity as the addiction progresses..
In truth the best and only way to force an addict into.rehab is via being arrested and put on remand ie sent to.prison where they can apply fir renab n get clean relatively quickly..if nothing is done this never ends well ..death is what awaits most addicts that dont seek help either voluntarily ir otherwise.

Dean and his wife find them.selves in a really bad situation ..one that could and will destroy their excelkent business , relationship.and whole life

I wish them both well over the coming weejs n months and i hope the young lady finds a route out of this tragic situation

As ever only opinion .. like ut or not this was exactly my ecperience and fortunately things worked out ok despite some really tough times and decisions

If you read this Dean ..sorry if offended you .. gonna pop in tomox for a pie n pint

Goid luck i hope things improve ..remember you have lots of goid friends mate

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 11, 2022, 6:11 pm

Well thought of Jon. Dunno know who scribed this for you but not your usual flair and typing skills. 555555
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 11, 2022, 6:24 pm

Hearts and prayers mean nought. Let's chip in and save this business

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » June 11, 2022, 7:54 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 11, 2022, 4:00 pm
I think Dean would appreciate help with the roof. How about as many as possible donate 1000 for materials.
Good thought Whistler. I stopped in to see how I can help out this afternoon. With some help he should be back to Sunday roast next week (his timing estimate). His Bain-Marie and several other appliances are trashed including that big shawarma kebab spinal cooker thing which also served as a wintertime heater.

I snaped a pic of his bank QR code in case any UM'ers would like to help out with a donation.
Dean QR.jpg
Dean QR.jpg (21.5 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
I think a few of the fellas are going around to help a bit more on the cleanup and prep for repaint etc tomorrow. Electricity has been restored and the freezers were not damaged or switched off as they are on a different circuit so frozen sales and golden liquid are still available. Lots of tools and machines lost in the blaze and we are all very happy there were no injuries of course.

Dean please post in here what tools, materials you might need.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 11, 2022, 8:37 pm

Potamoi wrote:
June 11, 2022, 7:54 pm
Whistler wrote:
June 11, 2022, 4:00 pm
I think Dean would appreciate help with the roof. How about as many as possible donate 1000 for materials.
Good thought Whistler. I stopped in to see how I can help out this afternoon. With some help he should be back to Sunday roast next week (his timing estimate). His Bain-Marie and several other appliances are trashed including that big shawarma kebab spinal cooker thing which also served as a wintertime heater.

I snaped a pic of his bank QR code in case any UM'ers would like to help out with a donation.

Dean QR.jpg

I think a few of the fellas are going around to help a bit more on the cleanup and prep for repaint etc tomorrow. Electricity has been restored and the freezers were not damaged or switched off as they are on a different circuit so frozen sales and golden liquid are still available. Lots of tools and machines lost in the blaze and we are all very happy there were no injuries of course.

Dean please post in here what tools, materials you might need.
Have no idea on how to use these QR Code things but if some can PM me with Deans Bank details will stick a couple of bob in to help.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”