Updated on Agent Orange Exposure in Thailand for Veterans

General Udon Thani topics only!
Sam1925
udonmap.com

Updated on Agent Orange Exposure in Thailand for Veterans

Post by Sam1925 » July 2, 2022, 3:18 am

Some might not like it but, something is better then nothing at all. It's a start.

The benefit:
Provides presumptive status for disability benefits related to Agent Orange exposure for veterans suffering from hypertension or monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS).
Who gets it
: All veterans currently eligible for disability benefits related to Agent Orange exposure. For MGUS, the presumptive status goes into effect as soon as the bill is signed into law. Veterans suffering from hypertension will be phased in. Those who age 85 and older, or those suffering extreme health or financial problems will receive immediate benefits status. For others, the presumptive status will start on Oct. 1, 2026.
The benefit
: Provides presumptive status for disability benefits related to Agent Orange exposure for veterans who served in areas previously not recognized for the chemical defoliant use.
Who gets it:
For veterans 85 or older who qualify, the benefit goes into effect immediately. For younger veterans, the provisions will trigger on Oct. 1, 2022. The eligible groups include:

Individuals who served in Thailand (or any Royal Thai base) from Jan. 9, 1962, to June 30, 1976;

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Updated on Agent Orange Exposure in Thailand for Veterans

Post by FrazeeDK » July 2, 2022, 8:50 am

House or Senate bill number please...
Dave

Sam1925
udonmap.com

Post by Sam1925 » August 11, 2022, 12:00 am

The Senate and Congress approved the Burn Pit- to include Agent Orange Exposed Veterans.They have sent it over for Pres. Biden to sign. He says he will sign the bill by the ens of the week.

Thailand is included in the bill.

look it up on the internet, don't be lazy and ask others to do something for you that you can find out in less then 2 mins.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » August 11, 2022, 5:48 am

A link I got today from the VA about the PACT Act
https://www.va.gov/resources/the-pact-a ... eligibilit

LU
udonmap.com

Post by LU » August 11, 2022, 10:05 pm

Only yesterday did I receive an email from the VA subject " PACT Act Is Now Law, 23 New Presumptives, Agent Orange, Burn Pits. " Although most of my previous contacts with the VA have been less than helpful and downright discouraging it prompted me to try to file a claim for the health issues I've had as an apparent result of daily exposure to defoliants used at both Udorn and Korat RTAFB's some 50 years ago. I hope others in a similar situation to mine will try to obtain the help too. It may be our final opportunity.

(I apologize for the duplicate post, but it seemed appropriate under both this and the VFW thread.)

Sam1925
udonmap.com

Post by Sam1925 » August 25, 2022, 5:12 pm

The VA did not send the issue on how to file or fill out the form. that form has been used for over 10 years. That's why it states EZ at the end. The VA will never send out any information to veterans to help to file claims. They expect you to look it up on the net.
As soon as dumb as Biden signed the pack law I filled out the form and faxed it in within 30 min.

GOOD LUCK

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”