Familiar Story, Thieves

General Udon Thani topics only!
parrot
udonmap.com

Familiar Story, Thieves

Post by parrot » July 28, 2022, 9:11 am

A French man and his Thai wife returned from France to their newly built home in Chaiyaphum on 23 Jul. On 25 Jul, friends and relatives came over for food/drink. After cleaning up, the man and his wife went to bed, only to be awakened by 4 thieves who had gained access to the home through a bedroom window and threatened the man and his wife with a gun and knives. The thieves left with 50,000 baht and more than 1,000 euros, two gold necklaces worth 300,00 baht and six Swiss watches, totaling more than 2,269,900 baht. The French man and his wife were not injured.
https://www.matichon.co.th/local/crime/news_3475867

I've seen this sort of thing happen several times over the years........at least once in Udon.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Familiar Story, Thieves

Post by tamada » July 28, 2022, 9:36 am

Judging by the long-assed rural address, this was a stately home in Bahn Nawk. No defence for the burglars and thankful that nobody was reported as being hurt, but maybe those living in their grand palaces need to assess their security and home and property insurance, especially with the current financial stresses?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 28, 2022, 11:44 am

Six Swiss watches? ....... did they wear three each? ......seems a bit strange to me

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 28, 2022, 11:48 am

stattointhailand wrote:
July 28, 2022, 11:44 am
Six Swiss watches? ....... did they wear three each? ......seems a bit strange to me
Perhaps the rozzers should pay a visit to the Deputy PM. :-"

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 28, 2022, 11:53 am

I have a dog and eight security cameras that run totally on solar power at and around the house. We have had no problems except her relatives who borrow my tools. They ruin them and never return the hand tools. I now keep all my high quality tools in the house.

We had a very small weekend house built on the nearest farm. It over looks a pond where my wife fed and raised fish. The farm is off the electric grid so I installed a solar power system. Thieves managed to net out and steal ALL of the fish. Next they broke into the small house and stole the inverter and the four AGM sealed storage batteries. My wife restocked the pond but does not feed the fish. I never replaced the batteries or inverter. Reporting the theft to the police was a waste of time.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 28, 2022, 11:54 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 28, 2022, 11:48 am
stattointhailand wrote:
July 28, 2022, 11:44 am
Perhaps the rozzers should pay a visit to the Deputy PM. :-"
I'm sure he'd be interested :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » July 28, 2022, 1:01 pm

I have a dog and eight security cameras that run totally on solar power , wow Glalt ,

can you please explane how you converted your Dog to " solar power " as i have 2 Dogs and 6 Cats that cost a fortune to feed , maybe i can get them converted to solar power ...... 5555

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 28, 2022, 3:40 pm

My friend had some guy knock on his door in UK and ask if he was interested in changing his energy provider ......... he took a minute, but eventually said he'd stay with food

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 29, 2022, 8:03 am

Sadly here most of the Burglaries like this are as a result of someone with loose lips.
How else did they know what was inside and where. Long time ago was told by a Thai man, ostentatious will alert many but few will do it unless they know what is inside .
So careful in allowing anyone ( including family into the inner sanctum ) Forewarned is forearmed.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » July 31, 2022, 10:23 am

burglaries appear to be on the increase (at least in the Kumphawapi area) they kicked in my door on the newly built place ,retards ,there's nothing in there ,but broke the lock and door ,they nicked a Tug Tug from a house just down the rd , how the hell with the noise they make i ask ,many reports , mostly small quick monetary gains taken , just be aware it's on the increase ,

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”