US Social Security Report

General Udon Thani topics only!
Tracechain
udonmap.com

Re: US Social Security Report

Post by Tracechain » August 14, 2022, 5:27 am

Manila will submit a 7162 for you! I did not receive the form via snail mail for 2019 by Aug of that year so I emailed Manila and they sent me the PDF, I e-signed and emailed back. They then wrote me back saying they submitted. In that email, they additionally stated that if I had similar problems in the future to contact them. Like anything else, may have been a one-time fart but never say never!

Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » August 14, 2022, 6:13 am

Trace I had a similar experience at that time which is why I emailed our 7162s to Manila this time. However, Manila emailed me back after about 10 days saying I had to mail the forms back to the US. Here's what FBU Manila sent me:

"We understand that you have received the reporting form SSA-7162 / SSA-7161. To avoid the suspension of your benefits, please complete the form as soon as possible and mail it back to Wilkes-Barre, PA using the enclosed business reply envelope. It is not necessary to send a copy of the form to the Federal Benefits Unit in Manila. Do not submit the completed form to the Federal Benefits Unit in Manila or to a U.S. Embassy/Consulate."
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » August 14, 2022, 6:34 am

Don't know. However, the following year when the gift from China shut everything down I emailed a signed copy to Manila saying I had not received it. They wrote back saying since COVID, SSN had suspended mailing of the are you alive letter. They said they would send it along anyway. The bottom line I guess is to just try it, the worse that could happen would be for the FBI to show up and riffle through your closets!
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

falangsabai

Post by falangsabai » August 16, 2022, 3:19 pm

Do I understand correctly that I can mail the completed form SSA 7162 OCR SM to the Manila Fedral Benefits unit. ?

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » August 16, 2022, 4:30 pm

No. FBU will not accept it. They will tell you by return email (in about 10 days) that you will have to mail it back to the US. That's what they told me but you're certainly welcome to try.

neilv14

Post by neilv14 » December 1, 2022, 11:20 am

Mosquito wrote:
August 5, 2022, 4:07 pm
Does every American collecting SS and living overseas with an overseas address on record receive a 7162?
Looks like it now, i have been living in thailand for 7 years never herd of oif it, but i change my US address to a thailand address i got my first 7162 this year, and i didnt know what was going on! i mailed one in earlier and it got stuck at the airport this time i paid more and tracked it with EMS USPS! and the usps dropped off yesterday and Wilkes Barre signed it and took it! i guess i am set i hope! i don't know of i will be notified if everything was good or not!

neil

marcsarge
udonmap.com

Post by marcsarge » December 2, 2022, 10:18 pm

Nelv14 ,
I've been here since 2016 using my Thailand address for SS. It seems I was getting one every 2 years until C19. I received the form 7162 in Aug this year, sent it reg mail it never got there. They sent me a second notice 27th Oct. I waited until ten days before it needed to get there just in case the first one arrived and I would not have to send EMS and save 1550 BT. The first one never arrive so I sent it EMS Thursday, it just left Thailand. Got my SS check today so as long as it gets their before the next check comes it will be good. As for knowing if they got it I think the only notice you get is if they don't receive the first notice.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » December 3, 2022, 6:30 am

If you sent it by EMS, or Registered Mail you can track the package using the tracking number provided. Go to the USPS website and enter the Tracking number or go to the Thai postal service website to track the package. The same thing applies to UPS, FEDEX & DHL. I hope this helps.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”