Waiting Time for Driving Licence Renewal

General Udon Thani topics only!
Its Me Trev
udonmap.com

Waiting Time for Driving Licence Renewal

Post by Its Me Trev » September 10, 2022, 7:10 am

What is the waiting time for License renewal in Udon or surrounding provinces? Or is there any that will do walk ins?

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Waiting Time for Driving Licence Renewal

Post by tamada » September 10, 2022, 7:59 am

I think I saw a post a few weeks back that reported that the driving license office in Central Plaza was open for business again?

To be confirmed by whoever posted that or maybe check the (duplicate) Thai DL threads for that info?

Before that, a few members reported easy, while-u-wait DL renewals at Nong Han.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » September 10, 2022, 1:53 pm

For my M/Cycle renewal at Central the process was about an hour
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 10, 2022, 2:19 pm

You will need to register online with the DLT and watch the video then answer questions here:-

www.dlt-elearning.com

Then, as was confirmed in news reports through the week, use the "Smart Queue" app to get an appointment at whatever office you want.

I suggest you read through the posts viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52610
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Its Me Trev
udonmap.com

Post by Its Me Trev » September 13, 2022, 10:23 am

joepai wrote:
September 10, 2022, 1:53 pm
For my M/Cycle renewal at Central the process was about an hour
Was that very recent? Did you walk in or have appointment?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 13, 2022, 12:18 pm

Some have tried walking in and playing "dumb farang" which bypassed the appointment system and got served. I think it was at the main office on Highway 2 south? The appointment system was the ONLY way when it started but maybe too many applicants playing "dumb local" have forced them to accept walk-ins. If you're in town, there's nothing to stop you trying this method. What's the worst thing they could do?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 13, 2022, 4:23 pm

Unless you use a dodgy agent (as many do) there is no way they will renew the license without proof you have sat the online test whether you walk in or not! Have you bothered to read through the thread I posted a link to re the entire subject? @Tamada's avatar is very appropriate here.

Its Me Trev
udonmap.com

Post by Its Me Trev » September 13, 2022, 9:47 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
September 13, 2022, 4:23 pm
Unless you use a dodgy agent (as many do) there is no way they will renew the license without proof you have sat the online test whether you walk in or not! Have you bothered to read through the thread I posted a link to re the entire subject? @Tamada's avatar is very appropriate here.
Yes I did, and learnt its a Driving Licence and not a Drivers Licence. It should be Riders Licence or Riding Licence for a bike of coarse.

I am aware of the online test (passed already) and made an appointment out on the highway. It does say I must wear long pants and shoes as well. If I can get it done in the city would make it easier for me, so thats why I asked. There is no appointment option available for the Central office that I could see.

So, do you know if walk up is available at the Central Office? Do you really need to wear longs and shoes?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 14, 2022, 5:33 am

Will someone PLEASE try a walk-in at the DL shop in Central or AEK so we can move on here?

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » September 14, 2022, 3:25 pm

I am aware of the online test (passed already) and made an appointment out on the highway. It does say I must wear long pants and shoes as well. If I can get it done in the city would make it easier for me, so thats why I asked. There is no appointment option available for the Central office that I could see.

So, do you know if walk up is available at the Central Office? Do you really need to wear longs and shoes?
[/quote]

Central is only Saturdays and Sundays and the appointments get booked up early - I had to wait 3 weeks for mine.
I did see several people being turned away without an appointment - there is a list with your name on to check

As I mentioned once there the actual process is fast and efficient for once

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 14, 2022, 4:55 pm

Its Me Trev wrote:
September 13, 2022, 9:47 pm

Dunno where you got that crap from? You're simply paying a bill - not going to a wedding!!!!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 16, 2022, 9:48 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
September 14, 2022, 4:55 pm
Its Me Trev wrote:

Dunno where you got that crap from? You're simply paying a bill - not going to a wedding!!!!
It comes from a small number of numpties who think that a tatty vest (undershirt for the yanks) ratty shorts and crappy fipflops are appropriate wear in a government office.

Thailand is a place where there are still places where there is a dress code.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » September 16, 2022, 12:38 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 16, 2022, 9:48 am
tatty vest (undershirt for the yanks)
If it is white in original colour, and you are attempting to be inclusive to multiple nationalities, I believe you are referring to what is colloquially known as a "wife beater".

These garments are often seen in the wild with egg, tomato, kebab sauce stains down the front.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 16, 2022, 9:34 pm

Potamoi wrote:
September 16, 2022, 12:38 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 16, 2022, 9:48 am
tatty vest (undershirt for the yanks)
If it is white in original colour, and you are attempting to be inclusive to multiple nationalities, I believe you are referring to what is colloquially known as a "wife beater".

These garments are often seen in the wild with egg, tomato, kebab sauce stains down the front.
As well as a term.used for a vest , singlet or undershirt ..
" wife beater" is also a slang name for Stella Artois beer as it is thought if taken in the correct quantity.one would go home n kick the sh8t out of the missus .. i cannot comment as im teetotal and have been for many years...

Back on topic .. last time i did it i walked into.Nong Han land transport office with my docs inckuding a med cert 100 bt n walked out in about 1xhour with both a new 5 yr car n motorsai licence ..705 bt .

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Its Me Trev
udonmap.com

Post by Its Me Trev » September 23, 2022, 9:55 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
September 14, 2022, 4:55 pm
Its Me Trev wrote:

Where I got that crap from was that its a requirement listed as you make an online appointment at the Transport Office.As I travel very light, I didn't want to carry my wedding gear. Carry on.

Its Me Trev
udonmap.com

Post by Its Me Trev » September 23, 2022, 10:07 pm

Anyway, thanks for all the input. I now have my 2 licences renewed until 2027.

I made the appointment online and was able to book with a 2 day wait. I rocked up 20 minutes early, went to the second window on the left downstairs. My name was on a printed list that the counterstaff used to check. All documents checked, sent upstairs, Floor2, Window 3, docs checked again, waited for reaction and traffic light test, done after 5 minutes, go to Window 1, pay the 700 baht, wait 5 minutes, called to have photo taken, wait 5 minutes. All done within half an hour.

My guess is that at least shoes are required as the supervisor was not happy with an army guy in front of me who had an injured foot and was wearing slip-ons. He had to do a lot of waiing and talking to get the reaction test done.

I was told at this office that the Central Office do not do Drivers Licence renewal.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 25, 2022, 2:53 pm

^ Good update Trev, thanks for persevering with the forum's curmudgeonly incalcitrants.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » September 26, 2022, 2:55 pm

I was told at this office that the Central Office do not do Drivers Licence renewal.
[/quote]

Strange, I renewed mine in Central 10 days ago

Lintiko52

Post by Lintiko52 » September 30, 2022, 4:32 pm

Its Me Trev wrote:
September 23, 2022, 10:07 pm
Anyway, thanks for all the input. I now have my 2 licences renewed until 2027.

I made the appointment online and was able to book with a 2 day wait. I rocked up 20 minutes early, went to the second window on the left downstairs. My name was on a printed list that the counterstaff used to check. All documents checked, sent upstairs, Floor2, Window 3, docs checked again, waited for reaction and traffic light test, done after 5 minutes, go to Window 1, pay the 700 baht, wait 5 minutes, called to have photo taken, wait 5 minutes. All done within half an hour.

My guess is that at least shoes are required as the supervisor was not happy with an army guy in front of me who had an injured foot and was wearing slip-ons. He had to do a lot of waiing and talking to get the reaction test done.

I did exactly the same as you Trev! But, I was asked about my expired passport because its number was on my DL. I had a copy on my mobile which the girl asked me to email to udondvdlt@gmail for verification. I just paid 505 baht and got my DL with my new passport number on it.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”