Masks

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Masks

Post by Whistler » October 3, 2022, 11:55 am

From what I understand, nobody in Oz seems to be wearing masks in any place other than high risk, ditto UK and the yanks were not using them.much at any time.

Asians have been wearing masks a lot for a long time, by nature they are compliant and quickly asquest to authority. I am guessing we will see masks being worn by most Thai people for quite a while

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 3, 2022, 11:59 am

Whistler wrote:
October 3, 2022, 11:55 am
From what I understand, nobody in Oz seems to be wearing masks in any place other than high risk, ditto UK and the yanks were not using them.much at any time.

Asians have been wearing masks a lot for a long time, by nature they are compliant and quickly asquest to authority. I am guessing we will see masks being worn by most Thai people for quite a while
Or maybe Thai's wear them for different reasons, my wife continue's to wear hers for sun protection, no other reason...

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 3, 2022, 12:03 pm

tamada wrote:
October 3, 2022, 11:40 am
fatbob wrote:
October 3, 2022, 10:52 am
Khun Paul wrote:
October 3, 2022, 10:24 am
fatbob wrote:
October 3, 2022, 9:19 am
I guess its lucky I don't use public transport or go to the cinema..
For that I am sure the General Public are thankful having such an Anti masker near them ..................haha
The Gov says get the vaccine, people do, the Gov says you don't need to wear a mask anymore, people still do, only here, the western world they stopped when the mandate stopped.... so I guess Im laughing at you KP..... Maybe you were educated here or you just forgot what education you had, or your just plain stupid?
Why are you concerned about other people's personal choices? You talk about the "western world" as if it's a vast, mask-free utopia.

Are you traveling frequently enough in different countries to justify your claim that "they stopped when the mandate stopped"?
(rhetorical)
I certainly know they stopped wearing them last Feb in Aus. Is the education in the west, or as I am familar with Aus, better than Thailand? Yes I believe the west gave up mask wearing a long time ago, do you believe different or are you just being your usual self???

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 3, 2022, 12:07 pm

A minority Bob, before covid you hardly ever saw people wearing masks. This widespread use of masks is vast majority covid driven. Despite your views, the evidence show that high levels of mask wearing had those countries with a much lower infection rate. In fact in the USA those states with mask mandates also had a demonstrably lower infection rates. The mask naysayers have zero real world evidence to support their anti mask rhetoric, but plenty to knock their arguments flat.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 3, 2022, 12:44 pm

fatbob wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
fatbob wrote:
For that I am sure the General Public are thankful having such an Anti masker near them ..................haha
The Gov says get the vaccine, people do, the Gov says you don't need to wear a mask anymore, people still do, only here, the western world they stopped when the mandate stopped.... so I guess Im laughing at you KP..... Maybe you were educated here or you just forgot what education you had, or your just plain stupid?
Ok, calling me stupid eh, thanks, as with many things there are many reasons for MASK wearing, pollution and also the simple fact that some people with only ONE brain cell do not. The Variants of the Initial Virus are many and the effects are NOT known. As I am over the threshold regarding age, I feel that there is certainly a NEED to maintain safety if I can . Calling someone stupid shows to me at least you are unintelligent in your portrayal of the New Normal Post Covid Pandemic . have a good day !!!!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 3, 2022, 12:52 pm

Bob,

Ditto vaccinations. Not only did those geographies with high vaccination rates have lower infection rates, but the symptoms were reduced, especially that rather nasty symptom called death.

Masks and vaccines saved millions of lives by any reasonable assessment of the pandemic

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 3, 2022, 6:44 pm

Whistler wrote:
October 3, 2022, 12:07 pm
A minority Bob, before covid you hardly ever saw people wearing masks. This widespread use of masks is vast majority covid driven. Despite your views, the evidence show that high levels of mask wearing had those countries with a much lower infection rate. In fact in the USA those states with mask mandates also had a demonstrably lower infection rates. The mask naysayers have zero real world evidence to support their anti mask rhetoric, but plenty to knock their arguments flat.
Australia gave up mask wearing last Feb. It's now October in my world.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 3, 2022, 7:24 pm

fatbob wrote:
October 3, 2022, 12:03 pm
tamada wrote:
October 3, 2022, 11:40 am
fatbob wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Why are you concerned about other people's personal choices? You talk about the "western world" as if it's a vast, mask-free utopia.

Are you traveling frequently enough in different countries to justify your claim that "they stopped when the mandate stopped"?
(rhetorical)
I certainly know they stopped wearing them last Feb in Aus. Is the education in the west, or as I am familar with Aus, better than Thailand? Yes I believe the west gave up mask wearing a long time ago, do you believe different or are you just being your usual self???
Thanks bob. You've confirmed that your personal experience of what's happening in the western world is based solely on comparing Thailand and Australia.

Not at all sure what education has to do with anything here so how about the first question and your being overly concerned with how other people are making up their own minds about wearing masks. Why is that? Without any personal jibes, why are you so combative?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 3, 2022, 7:44 pm

Australia relaxed mask wearing in Feb, Thailand in July. Still required in high risk areas

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 4, 2022, 7:12 am

To put it in some contect yersterday did my Monthly shop.
Guess what all Thais and Foreigners and staff I saw in Big C, Makro, even C 2 M You were wearing MASKS, now we know Thais are hypocondriacs, running off to the Doctor for even a sneeze, however if the General Population wish to wear masks and do so without complaint or moan then being just a guest in this country, I will follow suit more so especially when I have seen Foreigners NOT wearing a mask be ignored by Thai staff who are.

So what they do in the outback of Australia where the nearest neighbour can be miles away is fine, as neither sheep, cattle, kangaroos or other beasties are not known to aid in the transmission of Covid and its variants. I leave a certain Australian to be happy in his own deluded environment, as I live in the REAL world !

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 4, 2022, 9:19 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 4, 2022, 7:12 am
However if the General Population wish to wear masks and do so without complaint or moan then being just a guest in this country,
Wise words

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » October 4, 2022, 1:45 pm

Whistler wrote:
October 4, 2022, 9:19 am
Khun Paul wrote:
October 4, 2022, 7:12 am
However if the General Population wish to wear masks and do so without complaint or moan then being just a guest in this country,
Wise words
I recently did my (not quite) annual comprehensive medical in Bangkok. The doctor pointed out my weight and many blood numbers were in the wrong direction. She asked if I was still walking 5km per day as her notes from 2020 stated. I told her I stopped walking during the C-19 bullocks as I was tired of getting the stink eye from people for not wearing a mask outside. Laziness ensued as I have the resolve of damp paper bag when it comes to regular exercise. I have since committed to walking once again now that at least the people in my mubon have come to their senses.

She basically told me something I already knew that the Health Minister hadn't a clue by telling the population to wear masks outside in the fresh air. She shook her head in disdain for the man and his misleading statements. She said I was not the first patient she had seen with this reasoning for lack of outdoor exercise. She stated the benefit of exercise among many had been compromised by this idiot's comments since it makes no sense to restrict the ability to breathe freely when walking/exercising especially outside. I made the comment about a family of four on a motorbike upcountry all masked up but not a helmet in sight. A sigh and a frown from her then back to my health plan.

MY OPINION: If only the Health Minister would communicate the health benefits of driver/rider training, washing hands especially after using the toilet, exercise, healthy eating habits, vitamin D from sunshine and building a stronger immune system. Thailand's population will likely benefit by such remarks, alas instead we get all of the crapola he regularly regurgitates.

I am happy to mask up in airports, planes and hospitals as those are great places to catch a cold or flu. I keep a few masks in the vehicles to be worn in some shops ONLY for the benefit of the population out there that have been told the dirty falong will give them the virus. Not for my safety whatsoever. In fact, one can make a case that foggy glasses are enough of a deterrent when trying to read labels or walk with the multitude of trip hazards left of the floor from employees restocking shelves to warrant unmasking. I certainly unmask when in an aisle on me own.

Back to walking 9km a day mask free and feeling better for it.

BTW: I have yet to see staff obviously ignore foreigners for not wearing masks but have often seen staff ignore foreigners at the DIY shops (assuming because their english is not good enough to help, interpret that however you like).

Stay healthy fellas regardless what the government(s) tell you.
Last edited by Potamoi on October 5, 2022, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » October 4, 2022, 2:13 pm

I have always hated the excuse "guest in there country" lacks cojones and the leadership skills all men should have IMO. Thais are not exactly happy with there country! I tell them the truth about the masks, there a slave muzzle to keep them quiet while there unelected leaders continue to rape the country without allowing any opposition, it was an excuse to give themselves emergency powers and the budget that goes along with it. Admittedly I have the advantage over many on this forum in that I understand the technical specifications and limits of disposable masks, every Thai I have spoken too knows there is some truth in what I tell them, even if they dont understand it all, particulate size is a bit beyond most, but they understand the analogy that a chain link fence doesn't keep out mosquito's. Note that Thai government and every other have held onto there emergency powers, I wonder why? Reference to post above, for sure if the health benefits from Vit D and zinc had been made public instead of a renamed MRNA jab we would be in a better place, but then people like Fauci wouldn't have made 5 million in the past two years, the head of the most fined company in the world would not have made a 21 million bonus from the sales of there drugs, hospitals would have missed out on massive bonuses for treating people with a ---- protocol that many doctors are finally speaking out about. I hope the CEO puts some towards the next fines, the last one was for false claims, may well be a bit more serious this time around.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 4, 2022, 2:41 pm

^ Talk about all over the shop like a mad woman's s**t.

Anyway, I hope you got all that anger and disdain for your fellow human beings out of your system. Can't be good for one to be Mr. Angry all the time.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 4, 2022, 3:04 pm

tamada wrote:
October 4, 2022, 2:41 pm

Anyway, I hope you got all that anger and disdain for your fellow human beings out of your system. Can't be good for one to be Mr. Angry all the time.
Hey see uzz Tammy ... i heard on the Udon gossvine that the last time you went in Mr DIY they asked you to remove your Frankenstein mask .. which was odd as you werent wearing a mask :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re mask wearing ... i wear mine when going to 7 11 or into a government building in general when out n about .. i dont bother when go out on the piss as where i take my tipple no buggar else wears one ... i have stopped wearing my mask in bed also and gone back to the Dao request of a paper bag.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 4, 2022, 5:53 pm

You summed it up Potamoi and Airportwo, as far as the morons on this forum forget it, they just follow like sheep so as not to upset anyone as they are guests here...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 4, 2022, 5:55 pm

fatbob wrote:
October 4, 2022, 5:53 pm
You summed it up Potamoi and Airportwo, as far as the morons on this forum forget it, they just follow like sheep so as not to upset anyone as they are guests here...
Still angry bob?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 4, 2022, 6:34 pm

tamada wrote:
October 4, 2022, 5:55 pm
fatbob wrote:
October 4, 2022, 5:53 pm
Still angry bob?
No, not at all, I don't give you a second thought, doe's that upset your ego? I just like it when free thinking people post here against the conservative status quo, it gives me faith in humanity, not Udon map...

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » October 4, 2022, 6:53 pm

Well, here's my two penneth, I do what I have to do to do what I want to do, if that means wearing a mask or having a couple of jabs then so be it.
I don't have a problem with masks but I keep injections down to a minimum, never had a flue jab in my life. It's pretty obvious that if the majority around you at any venue are wearing a mask then to me I think it's a good idea to blend in with them, Baah, Baah. What is the Internet? That includes Udonmap, Facebook etc, A place for sheep to browse.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 4, 2022, 7:41 pm

tamada wrote:
October 4, 2022, 2:41 pm
I think better described as a "wall of nonsense".

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”