Masks

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Masks

Post by Whistler » October 2, 2022, 3:03 pm

Lots of pushback about one poster on here. Hardly worth the effort. Anyone who spouts the sovereign citizen line is so delusional that they not worth arguing.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » October 2, 2022, 3:07 pm

'Stockholm syndrome" ya'll should do some research. Engage those brain cells instead of repeating what makes you feel comfortable. The sad thing is not one of you will............xx

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 2, 2022, 3:22 pm

Airportwo wrote:
October 2, 2022, 3:07 pm
'Stockholm syndrome" ya'll should do some research. Engage those brain cells instead of repeating what makes you feel comfortable. The sad thing is not one of you will............xx
Can you engage your own brain and post in the English language please :roll:

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 2, 2022, 3:29 pm

Stat, you are wasting your time on this delightful poster.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » October 2, 2022, 4:01 pm

Whistler wrote:
October 2, 2022, 3:29 pm
Stat, you are wasting your time on this delightful poster.
Let him be! he's doing very well at trying to express himself and his attempts at humour are just so dam amusing :shock:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 2, 2022, 4:05 pm

Yer'all betta believe it

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 2, 2022, 4:30 pm

Each to his own, but I am still wearing a mask once leaving my property...Most Thai still wear one, so shall I..
I heard on the Central Plaza microphone a wee while back, that it was mandatory to wear a mask inside the mall..

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 2, 2022, 6:00 pm

Governments worldwide have lifted the mask mandate. The old farts of Udon think they are still necessary.... FFS.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 2, 2022, 6:21 pm

Governments worldwide have made lord knows how many major cockups recently ..Trump/Johnson/Truss etc etc what on earth reason do you have to think they got the mask thing right?

I might even go as far as to suggest that "the old farts of Udon" would probably do a far better job :-"

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 2, 2022, 6:46 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
October 2, 2022, 6:21 pm
Governments worldwide have made lord knows how many major cockups recently ..Trump/Johnson/Truss etc etc what on earth reason do you have to think they got the mask thing right?

I might even go as far as to suggest that "the old farts of Udon" would probably do a far better job :-"
Glad you do, I certainly don't.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 2, 2022, 7:00 pm

Doodoo wrote:
October 1, 2022, 5:48 pm
DuiDui
In response to "We as guests in this country should do like Thais mostly do.."
We then dont have to wear helmets riding motorcycles, run red stop lights , ride the opposite way on the roads, dont have to have Licenses or insurance etc, electrical systems on vehicles not working, and so on?
My post was regarding masks,and Thais mostly still use masks..works wounders for ------ and poluted air to ;-)

//Alfie..:-)

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » October 2, 2022, 9:31 pm

I have not worn a mask since it was mandatory to do so (except for a flight were it was mandatory and I happily complied).

When I lived in Hong Kong in the early 2000's it was normal for people who were sick to wear masks and I followed suit, if I was sick.

If I'm feeling sick again, I will now also wear a mask. But I do mean a surgical mask and not a cloth mask that has been worn for weeks and never cleaned.

Anyway 'up to you' gets me vote. If your feel safer wearing a mask, power to you. If you don't then ok unless your sneezing and coughing, then get the hell away from me and put on a mask.

Changing the subject some what, but I am curious as to why people still do not seem to wash their hands regularly and especially after using the bathroom. Seems very normal in LOS for both Thai and Falang. Dirty b'stards IMO.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » October 3, 2022, 6:27 am

i only wear a mask when going to Tesco or 7/11 ..

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 3, 2022, 6:33 am

Todays news, read it and either comply or break the law, your choice ~

Despite Thailand relaxing almost all of the measures put in place to limit the spread of COVID-19, the wearing of face masks remains mandatory on public transport and in cinemas, the Department of Health has said.

According to Dr Aekkachai Piansriwatchara, a deputy director of the Department of Health, people are still required to wear face masks and respect social distancing when using public transport and going to the cinema.

From Asean News .

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 3, 2022, 7:25 am

Here is a link re masks in Thailand

https://aseannow.com/topic/1273523-face ... -thailand/

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 3, 2022, 9:19 am

I guess its lucky I don't use public transport or go to the cinema..

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 3, 2022, 10:04 am

Apart from a couple of ferocious anti mask members. It seems moderate use of masks is still going to be the norm, but not full on adherence to mask wearing

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 3, 2022, 10:24 am

fatbob wrote:
October 3, 2022, 9:19 am
For that I am sure the General Public are thankful having such an Anti masker near them ..................haha

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 3, 2022, 10:52 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 3, 2022, 10:24 am
fatbob wrote:
For that I am sure the General Public are thankful having such an Anti masker near them ..................haha
The Gov says get the vaccine, people do, the Gov says you don't need to wear a mask anymore, people still do, only here, the western world they stopped when the mandate stopped.... so I guess Im laughing at you KP..... Maybe you were educated here or you just forgot what education you had, or your just plain stupid?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 3, 2022, 11:40 am

fatbob wrote:
October 3, 2022, 10:52 am
Khun Paul wrote:
October 3, 2022, 10:24 am
fatbob wrote:
The Gov says get the vaccine, people do, the Gov says you don't need to wear a mask anymore, people still do, only here, the western world they stopped when the mandate stopped.... so I guess Im laughing at you KP..... Maybe you were educated here or you just forgot what education you had, or your just plain stupid?
Why are you concerned about other people's personal choices? You talk about the "western world" as if it's a vast, mask-free utopia.

Are you traveling frequently enough in different countries to justify your claim that "they stopped when the mandate stopped"?
(rhetorical)
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”