Ants

General Udon Thani topics only!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

!

Post by Khun Paul » February 18, 2023, 3:59 pm

Oh dear just because I got the odds wrong you thiunk that is ENOUGH to be silly and patronising.

Of course I object to some of the insect kingdom, who does not . However in regards to termites, sneaky things , paid a lot to eradicate them here, still came back.
Cockroaches, by KEEPING a CLEAN house , all food dropped cleaned up and kitchen no food left out ( locals like that )
Eliminate 99% as they have nowhere to forage, although I do find they do like the damper parts of my grey waste pipes .

By keeping the garden clear of water puiddles, and picking up and depositing dog pooh, flies are minimal as are Mosquitos in my Home and garden.

basically it is a case of know what they like and deny them access, has worked for years both here and elsewhere where I lived . But unlike my First Thai wife, I do not chase or remove geckos from the House and the occasional Tuk tare is never chased away , they keep the unwanted flying insects at bay

Sorry Whstler again your assumptions are so far off the mark, might have been penned by a delusional man with nothing else to do .
Naturally I kill what I do not like or if it stings or bites me like I get most weeks in the garden but now rarely

Like the Heat / Humidity here learn to live with the bugs etc, or you will go bananas trying to keep them under control, if not you are in the wrong country !

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Ants

Post by Whistler » February 18, 2023, 6:48 pm

I an not delusional, just observing your comments and you considering yourself part of nature's wonderland.

Insects annoy the bejesus out of humans, they invade, bite, buzz, sting, poison, etc. Zapping a few million of them to have a comfortable home still leaves zillions of them to form part of the food chain.

KP, you set yourself up with your unsupportable claim of BS about the WWE, never provoked you just posted your own aggressive comment.

You ridicule and lie about others, but when your own views are held up to the light, you oink like a stuck pig. So tell me how does that work, are you some sort of protected specie?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 19, 2023, 12:20 am

Apologies to all my fans. WEF world Economic Forum at Davos
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 19, 2023, 7:08 am

Whistler wrote:
February 19, 2023, 12:20 am
Apologies to all my fans. WEF world Economic Forum at Davos
You have fans....................amazing haha

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 19, 2023, 9:27 am

istockphoto-116058155-612x612.jpg

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 19, 2023, 3:03 pm

Ants, got some? Need to move the little blighters on?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » February 20, 2023, 10:36 pm

Mr Whistles was correct, indeed a stuck pig has been squealing to the Moderators, I note that no action was taken regarding the term Stuck Pig.
I've been trying to reply to a Forum Member accusing me of being Patronising and Silly, twice pulled maybe third time lucky.
I'll put it politely so it doesn't upset anyone.
Me being Patronising? How about, "do as you will be done by"
Me being Silly? Now being Silly can often be quite funny, take for example the following sketch.

Silly but funny to many, of course you need a sense of humour.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 21, 2023, 3:08 am

I'm a big fan of eating ants eggs, have you tried them?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » February 21, 2023, 7:16 am

Ah, back on topic I see, No sign of those Ants yet, even the Micro Ants have taken a hit, I guess less dead bodies of the Carpenter Ants to pick up, or maybe the Borax has worked on them.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 21, 2023, 9:02 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
February 21, 2023, 7:16 am
Ah, back on topic I see, No sign of those Ants yet, even the Micro Ants have taken a hit, I guess less dead bodies of the Carpenter Ants to pick up, or maybe the Borax has worked on them.
Good news BRD .. remain vigilant they could just be hiding planning the next wave or an antbush :? !!

Probably / more likely the Borax did work then .. since you posted ive been checking around more and a few days back did find a black ant family under the lid of the DOS septic tank , un like KP and dont want to live with these blighters so nuked em with Chanderite powder swept them up GONE

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » February 21, 2023, 10:35 am

I think that's the way forward DM, see em, sort em, don't give them a chance to expand and take over.

This is pure coincidence, we've been talking about respecting the wildlife out here, and I'm all for that. Yesterday morning found one of our dogs dead, suspected snake bite according to my Thai family members. She was looking after her five pups and possibly got bitten while defending them.
Ironically, the previous evening I had rounded up what I think was a black and white Banded Krait, according to my Snake Book, and set it free some 100 metres away.
It's highly unlikely but by setting the snake free it's possible I could have signed my dogs death warrant.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 22, 2023, 8:47 am

Do not get me wrong, which most of you have the antics by some on eradication make me smile, however any bug/beastie etc which invades a place where my health may be compromised, like water/water tanks/kitchen ( all of it ), bathrooms and bedrooms, the miscreant is removed, killed, nuked or whatever and basically eradicated .
I deal with the Bugs and beasties outside n a live and let live scenario, unless like the occasional hanging kamikaze Red Ant nest etc which threatens me with their flying acts landing on me from everywhere, THEY are Blasted and removed, squashed and dealt with as do Wasp Nests who make and gently hang from any convenient place and attack without any provocation . The rest I leaver nature to deal with it, Birds, geckos tuk tares even snakes .
The other day saw a Green Tree snake happily devouring a Frog that had strayed for whence I know not, once eaten said snake disappeared into a hollow in a tree to presumably digest said repast!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 24, 2023, 7:27 pm

Keir Starmer!

Thank you, Mr Speaker.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 24, 2023, 9:05 pm

Earnest wrote:
February 24, 2023, 7:27 pm
Keir Starmer!

Thank you, Mr Speaker.
ORDER ORDER ........... ORDER...ORDER
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 25, 2023, 10:57 am

I had a particularly difficult Ant nest which was apparently underground and undegoing rebuilding by pushing up a lot of debris causing small piles of sand like soil; all over the path. i removed said dep[osits and in a week they had returned.

while cleaning the bathroom I used VIM< WHCH YOU Can use neat por mixed with water but it gets into small cracks etc.
So thought if I poured NEAT VIM down this rather long twisting crack in the concrete and then water it in. It will not only sink to the bottom but also gt into all the crevices this now obviously expanded nest and it will not ham any other animal as nothing not even my dog will lick it up as happened some years ago when a friends dog licked a common poison and died .

So far they have NOT reurned and I post this as an alternative to other Poisons people may use , IF VIM clears up Mould and leaves bathrooms and sinks and even drains clean, Ants ae certainly no problem

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 25, 2023, 3:02 pm

Yes, that would do it.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » March 15, 2023, 10:51 am

Ant Update.

Since the Blitz, normal activity has resumed with the odd Ant Scout observed, Columns and Colonies have ceased, daily patrols by me and potential hiding places removed.
Fingers crossed so far so good.
Or maybe it's that time of year where Ant activity is on the wane.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 16, 2023, 2:20 am

So it seems KP's recommendations worked then.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 16, 2023, 6:58 am

Nah, ant movemens are not only cyclial but also weather based, I still have obvious urgent ANT REBUILDING in one part of the garden but apart from rmoving the earthworks, doing nothing about them.
ANTS are like the flies and geckos etc, they are a part of the rich tapestry of life organised by nature to retain a stable environment for all bugs etc.
Life goes on, bugs eat bugs and so on up the chain . I noticed a bid whch had obviously died ( reasons unknown as an autopsy was not required by its relatives ) and the minor ants were busy disposing of said carcass, they may well ahve been relatives of the previously mentioned community rebuilding , but not speaking ant unable to ascertain. But the point is they are as much needed as a drunk who inhabits a bar daily, as even his income is welcomed.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » March 16, 2023, 7:01 am

Yeh, Mr KP is the Man.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”