Royal mail uk

General Udon Thani topics only!
Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Royal mail uk

Post by Hoopoe » March 18, 2023, 10:09 am

Royal mail UK to Thailand
Proof of life doc for pension took
6 weeks to get here.. Hmm makes me wonder how long the return post will take.
I've another important Doc coming. Posted 13/02 still not arrived.
Registered disappeared at Gatwick .
The UK gov pension is archaic in this day and age. I've another pension all confirmation of existence done online.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: Royal mail uk

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 18, 2023, 11:12 am

"Hmm makes me wonder how long the return post will take"

I've been helping the Thai family of a deceased UK citizen. Returning signed documents to the UK has been taking between 4 to 7 days using the EMS postal option. Don't get much change out of 1000 Baht for an A4 envelope and 5 odd pages.

The pension funds have been sending me the blank forms by email in *.pdf format.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 18, 2023, 11:22 am

Hoopoe wrote:
March 18, 2023, 10:09 am
Royal mail UK to Thailand
Proof of life doc for pension took
6 weeks to get here.. Hmm makes me wonder how long the return post will take.
I've another important Doc coming. Posted 13/02 still not arrived.
Registered disappeared at Gatwick .
The UK gov pension is archaic in this day and age. I've another pension all confirmation of existence done online.
6 weeks to get here.. Hmm makes me wonder how long the return post will take.....Mine Took approx 3 1/2 Weeks to get HERE,I Posted it back the NEXT Day by ORDINARY AIR Mail ( 48 Baht ) & They received it 2 Weeks Later....So NO Problems.....

Registered disappeared at Gatwick......... Disappointing I Know SOME Things Used to DISAPPEAR at Heathrow hence the Nickname THEIFROW !!

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » March 18, 2023, 1:37 pm

All one can do is gives one's own experience.

Earlier today I received a letter posted in Central London on 02/03/23 and sent to a small village some 15 kilometres outside Bandung. Ever since it was posted I have been able to track its progress.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » March 18, 2023, 2:13 pm

Every 2 month I get a small package sent from the UK (Royal Mail) tracked. I can track it all the way. Takes about 10 days to arrive here at the village. Costs just under £10.00

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 18, 2023, 2:43 pm

There seems to be quite a difference between the "tracked" and ordinary mail. My Pension letters and bank letters usually vary between 4 and 10 weeks (this year 5 weeks). Perhaps where the delivery is made may be causing delays. If you live in a small village, but its on route to somewhere that has 100 letters delivered a day you may get a better service than someone who lives nearer but has to wait for enough mail to arrive to make a delivery worthwhile

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » March 18, 2023, 4:06 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 18, 2023, 2:43 pm
There seems to be quite a difference between the "tracked" and ordinary mail. My Pension letters and bank letters usually vary between 4 and 10 weeks (this year 5 weeks). Perhaps where the delivery is made may be causing delays. If you live in a small village, but its on route to somewhere that has 100 letters delivered a day you may get a better service than someone who lives nearer but has to wait for enough mail to arrive to make a delivery worthwhile
Good point out in the sticks. I tend to get other people's mail and I deliver to their houses nearby. This only happens if there's mail for me. (maybe because I'm the only one with a letter box.)

miam

Post by miam » March 29, 2023, 8:09 pm

I received 3 letters from my family and a pension update today in 1 delivery in Kanchanaburi They were posted in Glasgow UK at 3 week intervals end of january 20 feb beginning o March for them to arrive at once the must be held over somewhere all letters not parcels

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 30, 2023, 11:43 am

have stated ths before, but will reiterate, upon arriving here and settling in , house and visa ec, my mal wasNOT arriving. So I made a complain and found that the local delivery mguy had just ben found with bags of letters, some intended for me, h had been given the boo but the letters were NOT delivered ever !!
Went to the Police and made another complaint, this tie I do know the Head man at the main post office was spoken to and I was advised top get a PO Box,which I did and to this day still have it.,
Financials will send to PO Box , one or two will not even though after explaining but they remain stuck in the 19th century.

Delays in delievery are rare normally 5-15 days from the UK other countries also vary in delivery times to the Post box, stuff tha comes to the hopuse ( Minimal at best ) can be up to 8-10 weeks . No point complaining nowt will change

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » March 30, 2023, 1:59 pm

Today received a package posted 17 March. Tracked.. Not too bad.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 30, 2023, 2:09 pm

Just received my Proof of Life Certificate from UK.
Date on letter 8th January 2023.
No stamp or anything on the envelope so was sent by normal post.
It took approx. 10 weeks to get here.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 30, 2023, 2:10 pm

miam wrote:
March 29, 2023, 8:09 pm
I received 3 letters from my family and a pension update today in 1 delivery in Kanchanaburi They were posted in Glasgow UK at 3 week intervals end of january 20 feb beginning o March for them to arrive at once the must be held over somewhere all letters not parcels
a pension update......How Do You mean An UPDATE ??

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 30, 2023, 2:16 pm

pal52 wrote:
March 30, 2023, 2:09 pm
Must've had SOME Sort of Stamp / Franking on the envelope,Usually has a Franking something like Poste Priorite as they are sent from Belguim to save the U.K. Government a few Pence ( CHEAPSKATES )...

So Now YOU Only have about 3/4 Weeks to get it Signed & for them to RECEIVE It back at the DWP ( They only allow 60 Days ) BEFORE The STOP yer Pension.....HURRY NOW !!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 30, 2023, 6:42 pm

Interesting .......

miam

Post by miam » March 31, 2023, 10:10 pm

i received a letter today 31 mar posted in Glasgow 23 jam but granted there was a period at the end o jam when they refused international mail outside Europe
i get quarterly news letters updating forces pension issues and a letter from the bank every so often the last 1 of them took about 6 weeks and had a stamp on it saying missent to Malaysia it was addressed correctly

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 1, 2023, 7:12 am

747man wrote:
March 30, 2023, 2:16 pm
pal52 wrote:
March 30, 2023, 2:09 pm
Must've had SOME Sort of Stamp / Franking on the envelope,Usually has a Franking something like Poste Priorite as they are sent from Belguim to save the U.K. Government a few Pence ( CHEAPSKATES )...

So Now YOU Only have about 3/4 Weeks to get it Signed & for them to RECEIVE It back at the DWP ( They only allow 60 Days ) BEFORE The STOP yer Pension.....HURRY NOW !!
Regarding his issue, I too had concerns so I contactd DWP, spoke to a veery nice lady who sent me by email said form and then said you have 16 weeks from date of posting on the form . Thanked her, got it signed ( MILITARY Hosp Udon ), cost 200 baht ( a decrease in fee ) , sent it back registered/ air mail arrives in less than 5 days at designated address.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 1, 2023, 11:16 am

Years Ago I Received a Birthday Card from my Late Brother ONLY 2 Months late....That had been sent to Bandar Seri Begawan......But it was addressed CORRECTLY to Nong Khai.....Amazing !!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 24, 2023, 12:04 pm

I have had a couple of mail drops using the UK Post Office International Tracked service as follows:

Picked up 20 March - Delivered 28 March. 9 days door-to-door.
Picked up 17 May - Delivered 24 May. 8 days door-to-door.

I book and pay for it online, using their free labeling service where they bring the pre-printed label. All that's needed is my mate to stick my mail in a shipping envelope, seal it and be home on the day of collection. Actually, he had to go out on the March collection date so he taped it inside the lid of the wheelie bin and I added this instruction to the online booking, no problems. The first one was 500 gr and cost about £12.50. Today's bundle was 750 gr and cost £14.05.

The Post Office tracker is fully integrated with Thailand Post's EMS tracker so you can see when it leaves the UK and when it arrives and clears Laksi in Bangkok. Neither packages had been opened for inspection.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » May 24, 2023, 2:16 pm

Our mubon had very poor mail delivery and I had a few important pieces of post missing 4 or 5 years back. Went to the main Udon post office and asked about it on a Saturday afternoon. He couldn't find the mail I was looking for but we did find 4 or 5 other pieces of mail for me when sorting through what could only be termed as the "falong table". I also found some mail for my neighbor which was both amazing that I saw it and that I was allowed to take it with me.

Apparently, our mubon and area had a very poor contracted mail carrier and the fella at the post office knew about our poor mail service already. This didn't explain the piles of post on that "falong table" but since the carrier was changed our service is better.

Oh and one other observation, their PC was running an unlicensed copy of Windows XP.

I had registered mail back then also go missing at BKK airport. Another letter took 40 days to move out of BKK airport. On both occasions the Thai Post hotline blamed the holidays in December for missing/delayed mail.
Things are better now since they moved off XP.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » May 24, 2023, 9:11 pm

Solved that problem years ago
Bt500 a year Udon post office box
Can access 24 hours a day.

Name
PO box number
Udon Thani
Thailand