Bar Beer needed

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Bar Beer needed

Post by Whistler » March 26, 2023, 11:01 am

Fatbob has just identified one of the two important factors that KP apparently did not.

Look at the popular bars in Udon, all the owners know their customers by name and greet them as friends.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 26, 2023, 11:04 am

Being a chatty amusing extrovert is also important but you first have to draw in the customers.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 26, 2023, 11:07 am

true that.. When visiting "Steve's Bar" I always get a greeting by name from Steve and Mali. They know my food choices to a T.. Alberto in Little Italian also is a garrulous host...

as for "Beer Bar" in looking around Udon on Google Maps I found the hole in the wall "I Love Beer" place. Seems to have a massive amount of beer and cider drinking choices... In the center of town about a 5 minute walk from Immigration.

I'm assuming it is still open since several of the pictures are dated 2023. Located Here:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/I+Lov ... 11g0srqyrf
Dave

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 26, 2023, 11:31 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
March 26, 2023, 11:07 am
true that.. When visiting "Steve's Bar" I always get a greeting by name from Steve and Mali. They know my food choices to a T.. Alberto in Little Italian also is a garrulous host...

as for "Beer Bar" in looking around Udon on Google Maps I found the hole in the wall "I Love Beer" place. Seems to have a massive amount of beer and cider drinking choices... In the center of town about a 5 minute walk from Immigration.

I'm assuming it is still open since several of the pictures are dated 2023. Located Here:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/I+Lov ... 11g0srqyrf
Dave .. I Love Beer is a great find they moved to this new location about a year ago , lovely family own the place with the son Best running the venue .. they also own the huge fabric shop just off the fountain circle... they order regularly in fact he placed an order last night.

Steve X T bar is a diamond and an excellent host and publican.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 26, 2023, 2:12 pm

When it comes to Pubs/bars (not so much eateries) many of the requirements for a good owner/manager involve being "friends" with his customers and also having hollow legs and a liver that can handle the job. Unfortunately many of the best owner/managers do not see a long retirement as many suffer health issues based on their occupation. I have known far too many pub/bar staff in both England/Thailand who were taken at far to younger age ..... RIP to you all

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: NSR Bar Beer needed

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 30, 2023, 1:40 pm

New place in NSR .. Beer Or Me ... been open a month located near the market and 7 11 on the road that leads from Udon ring rd traffic lights to the gold course.. fully loaded with all the usual local booze and a big range of imported stuff some obviously via the lovely Dao. :D

Owned by a local politician n his missus so quite busy with Thai middle clarss and CS etc , same folks who have the Gentle Tiger pub on Phon Phisai rd.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 30, 2023, 2:28 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 30, 2023, 1:40 pm
New place in NSR .. Beer Or Me ... been open a month located near the market and 7 11 on the road that leads from Udon ring rd traffic lights to the gold course.. fully loaded with all the usual local booze and a big range of imported stuff some obviously via the lovely Dao. :D

Owned by a local politician n his missus so quite busy with Thai middle clarss and CS etc , same folks who have the Gentle Tiger pub on Phon Phisai rd.

DM
How are they on sleeveless attire?

Asking for a friend.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 30, 2023, 3:18 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Thanks Jon!( A normal adult reply :-" ) On the main road? Same side 7/11?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 30, 2023, 3:56 pm

choi choi wrote:
May 30, 2023, 3:18 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Yes on main road I think its the opposite side to the 7 11/ market , not sure ive never been as Dao n the kids are taking care of the Udon bizz more nowadays .. its a single shop house unit dark blue colour inside...if in your area might be worth a recon mission to see if any music and other details etc,..im guessing similar to Gentle Tiger in the town as same owners.

Please update on here if you do visit.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 30, 2023, 5:41 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 30, 2023, 3:56 pm
choi choi wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Yes on main road I think its the opposite side to the 7 11/ market , not sure ive never been as Dao n the kids are taking care of the Udon bizz more nowadays .. its a single shop house unit dark blue colour inside...if in your area might be worth a recon mission to see if any music and other details etc,..im guessing similar to Gentle Tiger in the town as same owners.

DM
Isn't the 7-eleven already opposite the market?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 30, 2023, 5:53 pm

The 7/11 (super) market is indeed on the opposite side of the road to the Fresh food Market tam

Hope this helps

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 30, 2023, 7:12 pm

tamada wrote:
May 30, 2023, 5:41 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
choi choi wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

DM
The "Bar" is opposite 7/11!He means. Must be near Lotus then :-k

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 30, 2023, 7:16 pm

Here it is posted on Face book but I think its the one in town. But it does say "Mu Mon" which is Nong Sam Rong area :-k

https://www.google.com/search?q=beer+or ... e&ie=UTF-8

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 30, 2023, 7:21 pm

choi choi wrote:
May 30, 2023, 7:12 pm
tamada wrote:
May 30, 2023, 5:41 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
choi choi wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

DM
The "Bar" is opposite 7/11!He means. Must be near Lotus then :-k
Tam dont be picky .. see my earlier post in red , whether same side or opposite its in that general area.

If you drop in let us know any info please Roy

DM

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 30, 2023, 7:34 pm

I check out later. I see the "Beer or me bar" in town quite impressive music an all!

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 31, 2023, 1:28 pm

Beer or me is indeed opposite NSR market. Work men were there so geng Jai look inside. But looks quite posh! It is only open from 6pm to 11pm every day.
IMG_20230531_125848_305.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 1, 2023, 8:27 pm

Seems to be quite busy .. Dao delivered another Belg beer order there this evening thats 5 orders since the soft opening in early May but im guessing they are splitting the orders between Gentle Tiger and Beer or Me.

Got live accoustic guitar music and ""affordable" Chang on draft .. also some more pricey options on spirits n imported beers .. some pics on the FB page..... Im still to visit as busy elsewhere at the moment.

Been mentioned they are getting Guinness on Tap installed at one or both of their venues ..time will tell.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 1, 2023, 8:28 pm

Seems to be quite busy .. Dao delivered another Belg beer order there this evening thats 5 orders since the soft opening in early May but im guessing they are splitting the orders between Gentle Tiger and Beer or Me.

Got live accoustic guitar music and ""affordable" Chang on draft .. also some more pricey options on spirits n imported beers .. some pics on the FB page..... Im still to visit as busy elsewhere at the moment.

Been mentioned they are getting Guinness on Tap installed at one or both of their venues ..time will tell.

DM

GBA

Post by GBA » September 25, 2023, 9:30 pm

Greetings.

Was looking foward to going in here when i got over but it looks like The Beer or Me this has closed up. So I guess is back to Black on Black down the road.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 27, 2023, 5:16 pm

Yep Beer Me closed a few weeks back .. owner was too stretched running 2 locations and their other place in Udon Gentle Tiger on Phompisai Road .. was the busier of the two.

DM

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”