If you though it was hot

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com

If you though it was hot

Post by Whistler » May 7, 2023, 4:33 pm

The official temperatures are all measured in a special ventilated box with the temperature measured in the shade. This list is if you were in the sun.

Look at this list of temperatures for April, the temperatures started to pop over 40 degrees on March 19, so to date the heat wave has been with us for 48 days, the most severe heat wave in history both in highs and duration. This heat wave has spread from India to China and Japan, the famous blossoms bursting from Japanese trees earliest in the year for 1200 years.

Source https://www.whereandwhen.net/when/south ... ani/april/

April Max Temp
1 43
2 40
3 43
4 45
5 45
6 45
7 44
8 37
9 40
10 40
11 46
12 46
13 43
14 46
15 46
16 36
17 42
18 42
19 46
20 47
21 47
22 42
23 41
24 41
25 41
26 35
27 40
28 40
29 41
30 36

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

deankham
udonmap.com

Re: If you though it was hot

Post by deankham » May 7, 2023, 5:16 pm

Think about the poor folks in the villages with no A/C.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » May 7, 2023, 6:00 pm

deankham wrote:
May 7, 2023, 5:16 pm
That's Me! And just to add to the mix, the hillbilly's next door have just set fire to their Rice Stubble and the winds in our direction.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 7, 2023, 7:26 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 7, 2023, 6:00 pm
deankham wrote:
That's Me! And just to add to the mix, the hillbilly's next door have just set fire to their Rice Stubble and the winds in our direction.
Blooming heck BRD.....no wonder the ants did a runner
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 7, 2023, 7:50 pm

A few decades ago, climate scientists modelled what would happen as the planet's climate would change as a result of greenhouse gases, and they said that weather would be more severe.

More heat waves that would be more intense and last longer.
More severe cold weather in temperate zones due to shifting weather patterns
More severe flooding in wet weather periods
More cyclones and tornados
Sea levels rising
Coral reefs under stress
Severe droughts
.....simply said, there would be greater extremes.

Every single weather prediction has proven to be true without exception. Yet we still have climate deniers who say, that the earth always goes through cycles. Well, the world has never gone through a change as rapidly as we are seeing now. What previously took centuries and sometimes aeons, for cycles to emerge, now happens in decades. We have also never observed a build-up of greenhouse gases so rapidly.

Yet the climate deniers hang on to their beliefs ignoring what is happening.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » May 7, 2023, 8:13 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 7, 2023, 7:26 pm
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 7, 2023, 6:00 pm
deankham wrote:
Blooming heck BRD.....no wonder the ants did a runner
Yeh, Ants have had enough, Snakes are trying their luck now, average one a day for last couple of weeks, all sorts.
Air Con? Been here for 10 years, first time I've been tempted to buy, I'm usually in the UK this time of year.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 7, 2023, 8:15 pm

Bang on post there Whizzy ..

Its blooming roasting again today ...DM keeping all the creases,nooks n crannies well powdered and taking on plenty of liquid :shock: :D

Seems after today a bit of respite on its way with cooler temps n some rain forecast.

DM

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 7, 2023, 8:43 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 7, 2023, 8:15 pm

Its blooming roasting again today ...DM keeping all the creases,nooks n crannies well powdered and taking on plenty of liquid :shock: :D

Seems after today a bit of respite on its way with cooler temps n some rain forecast.

DM
Looking forward to that Jon.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 8, 2023, 8:39 am

Whistler wrote:
May 7, 2023, 8:43 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Right on cue some cooling rain , rumbles of thunder and more acceptable temps this morning here in Udons west side stock broker belt .. i may even wear some clothes today as in recent weeks i have been a naturist due to the intense heatwave.. all was going fine until i forgot and went to Tescos..

DM

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 8, 2023, 12:50 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 8, 2023, 8:39 am
Whistler wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Right on cue some cooling rain , rumbles of thunder and more acceptable temps this morning here in Udons west side stock broker belt .. i may even wear some clothes today as in recent weeks i have been a naturist due to the intense heatwave.. all was going fine until i forgot and went to Tescos..

DM
A bit of thunder down south in Khon Kaen land, but no rain. The Sun is out and blazing away as usual.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 8, 2023, 12:53 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 8, 2023, 12:50 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 8, 2023, 8:39 am
Whistler wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

DM
A bit of thunder down south in Khon Kaen land, but no rain. The Sun is out and blazing away as usual.
But.........It Only Rains on the Righteous :-" :-"

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 8, 2023, 1:10 pm

Belted down in Kut Chap for several hours, weather chaps say it is 35 degrees now, feels cooler.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”