There is still a bit around

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com

There is still a bit around

Post by Whistler » May 10, 2023, 1:28 pm

Tested positive for Covid this morning, but I was a bit silly and should have tested yesterday. I thought it was a head cold.

For those on the forum, some suggestions.

Symptoms, small fever, very sore throat, headache diarrhoea. If you are experiencing these, test early.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: There is still a bit around

Post by stattointhailand » May 10, 2023, 1:32 pm

Certainly seems to be an uptick in cases (currently have about 10 facebook friends in UK tested pos this week as well)

Get well soon

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 10, 2023, 2:22 pm

As predicted there has been a surge in covid cases since SK .. it was always likely given the huge numbers of people traveling and in close proximity of each other at parties and chucking water n smearing talc paste.

DM
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on May 10, 2023, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 10, 2023, 2:48 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 10, 2023, 1:32 pm
Certainly seems to be an uptick in cases (currently have about 10 facebook friends in UK tested pos this week as well)

Get well soon
Another reason, if ever another one was needed, for avoiding Facebook.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 10, 2023, 3:18 pm

Myself, wife and daughter have all had mild colds this past week. Cough, sneeze, blocked nose, etc. We have survived by the grace of god and big pharma [-o<

We have decided not to self isolate for 10 days but instead to take a few paracetamol, and still go to work, school and do the house work. Some may say irresponsible [-X =; :confused:

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 10, 2023, 5:48 pm

deankham wrote:
May 10, 2023, 3:18 pm
Myself, wife and daughter have all had mild colds this past week. Cough, sneeze, blocked nose, etc. We have survived by the grace of god and big pharma [-o<

We have decided not to self isolate for 10 days but instead to take a few paracetamol, and still go to work, school and do the house work. Some may say irresponsible [-X =; :confused:
Not irresponsible if you tested for COVID and made sure you were not going to spread the virus.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 10, 2023, 9:11 pm

tamada wrote:
May 10, 2023, 2:48 pm
stattointhailand wrote:

Get well soon

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 11, 2023, 2:47 am

deankham wrote:

Its not irresponsible DK.

There are probably 25,000 plus if not more, in Udon Thani out there "positive in some form or another", spreading it every day, some knowing it and some without knowing it. I will hazard a guess, but probably a 1,000,000 plus in Thailand, doing the same thing each day without a caring a F.....

The virus (Covid) is now here to stay, or many many years and this is no different to the life span of the seasonal flu. No single or self isolation is going to slow it down from jumping from person to person or even protect others. I suspect that there are now many people walking around daily, going about their normal lives, rubbing shoulders with each other, without even suspecting they have it. So sooner or later you will catch it.

Accepting that Covid is here to stay in one form or another, is no different to accepting that each year, we are all exposed to catching the seasonal flu (we can't dodge it), as is evident by the reduction in the number of people now wearing makes and now no longer taking any form of facial protection.

As one Editorial put it "Covid is here to stay and countries must now decide how to adapt -The Omicron variant has laid bare the need to live with a disease that throws up an ever-changing set of challenges "

I my humble view and I am sure there are those who will vehemently disagree with me, one can be pragmatic and accept that the world has changed and Covid is here to stay and that their is very little if anything we can now do to eradicate it or even stem the spread of the virus, at this point in time.

So some will take a more sensible approach and move on with life with some degree of precaution, whilst other may choose to cling to their paranoia and delusional belief that Covid will disappear by itself.

Your best form of defense is your own immune system

There is an alternative for the some,

Man with Plastic Bag .jpg

Then there is a normal life for others

Nornal Life.jpg

Each can choose his or her own :wave: :-({|= :drunk: :lol:

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 11, 2023, 4:36 am

tamada wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:

Get well soon

I have 17 reasons to use Facebook

4 children
9 grandchildren
2 great grandchildren
2 thai stepdaughters

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2023, 5:52 am

Whistler wrote:
May 11, 2023, 4:36 am
tamada wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:

Get well soon

I have 17 reasons to use Facebook

4 children
9 grandchildren
2 great grandchildren
2 thai stepdaughters
This just in...you can't get Covid from Facebook use.

More at ten.
jokes-joke.gif
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 11, 2023, 6:14 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 11, 2023, 2:47 am
deankham wrote:

Its not irresponsible DK.

There are probably 25,000 plus if not more, in Udon Thani out there "positive in some form or another", spreading it every day, some knowing it and some without knowing it. I will hazard a guess, but probably a 1,000,000 plus in Thailand, doing the same thing each day without a caring a

pipoz4444
These numbers are pure speculation.

As for isolation , you only need to do so for a few days, the advice I read was 5 days max. As you feel a bit crook, staying in your room, plenty of rest etc is no great inconvenience. Ditto if you have the common flu, why infect other people needlessly?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 11, 2023, 9:09 am

THose who have deluded themselves by sayig it has gone are so wong it is p[itiful.
Like FLU, it will never really end, requires COMMON-SENSE and INTELLIGENCE to maintain self-awareness and take precautions as you see fit ..
ONE Will build up some sort of immunity bt as the VIRUS Mutates one needs to be aware and see if it is more dangerous.

I see more and more people failing to wear masks and one person said you do not say hello, IO said you are not wearing a mask, whu would I speak, staff are wearing masks, but you seem unable to understand . He went mutering away, I know this man has breathing problems and yet ??????

Covid like the Flu is here to stay, learn to live with it and do not be a denier.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2023, 9:52 am

Nobody here has claimed that Covid has gone. Even the WHO, while saying it is no longer a health emergency, mentioned that variants can still be an issue.

Masks don't prevent Covid spread either. Never have and never will.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 11, 2023, 12:12 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 11, 2023, 9:09 am
THose who have deluded themselves by sayig it has gone are so wong it is p[itiful.
Like FLU, it will never really end, requires COMMON-SENSE and INTELLIGENCE to maintain self-awareness and take precautions as you see fit ..
ONE Will build up some sort of immunity bt as the VIRUS Mutates one needs to be aware and see if it is more dangerous.

I see more and more people failing to wear masks and one person said you do not say hello, IO said you are not wearing a mask, whu would I speak, staff are wearing masks, but you seem unable to understand . He went mutering away, I know this man has breathing problems and yet ??????

Covid like the Flu is here to stay, learn to live with it and do not be a denier.
Just done my 90 days at Udon IO .. just about all the staff not wearing a mask and the very beautiful young lady on the 90 day desk confirmed not compulsory any longer ...saying that i did not see any visitors not wearing a mask.

For sure on my travels seeing less n less mask wearers nowadays including myself ive just let it go now and carry one in the truck just in case .. 7 11 no mask policy as are most supermarkets .. some government offices still on no mask no entry ... if i went to a restaurant and they asked to me mask up i would leave ..my choice.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 11, 2023, 12:30 pm

All The Banks in Nong Khai ..... You'll Still have to wear a Mask

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 11, 2023, 12:54 pm

tamada wrote:
May 11, 2023, 9:52 am
Nobody here has claimed that Covid has gone. Even the WHO, while saying it is no longer a health emergency, mentioned that variants can still be an issue.

Hmm,

Subject matter experts like WHO, John Hopkins, Mayo clinic, Caltech and a whole lot of etc's totally disagree with your comment about masks, but what would they know?

[Redacted]

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 11, 2023, 11:48 pm

tamada wrote:
May 11, 2023, 9:52 am

Agree. Regrettably some Governments and Organizations, have gone to extortionary lengths to convince their populations that the 50 cent Face / Medical Mask will protect them from the Virus. Someone is making a good living out of selling them.

Mask or no mask, how many times an hour does your touch your own face without knowing it and without having washed your hands :-k My guess is 20 +, noting that your hands have been busy touching every dirty surface known to man. :-k

My point is that your hands go where many other people have been before you and in all probability you will infect yourself by way of hand to mouth to eyes, before someone comes up and sneezes or coughs in your face. You will never know for sure, how you actually caught or contracted the virus.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 12, 2023, 6:42 am

OMG just how petty can you lot gt, arguing about posts.
I stated this in a previous post : Like FLU, it will never really end, requires COMMON-SENSE and INTELLIGENCE to maintain self-awareness and take precautions as you see fit ..

Now nothing contentious about that, wearing of masks is a purely personal thought, seeking a further vacination again purely personal .

Intelligent people ( especially those with health issues ) seek the best for themselves and bugger the herd popular thought , but they do not voice deniability and probably will not end up in a hospital looking at their feet wondering why thy are dying either .

Why when advoating COMMON - SENSE so many object ...eh?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 12, 2023, 9:02 am

Excellent point, KP.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2023, 12:37 pm

If a person, health-challenged or otherwise, prefers to continue wearing a mask when out in public, that is a personal choice and entirely up to them. However, that decision may have more to do with not offending any mask-advocates (like the Nong Khai bankers) and less to do with common sense, upper-case or otherwise.

Back on topic, how's the OP feeling now, ~60-hours after testing positive? Symptoms abated? What's the schedule for any re-testing and declaring the all clear?

FWIW, although much more relaxed than last year, my work still entails infrequent testing, either self-administered or supervised. I pack one of them 40 baht test kits from 7-eleven in my kit so I can keep tabs on things if I feel crook on my travels. Maybe better to pack two of them.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”