Monthly expat meetup?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Re: Monthly expat meetup?

Post by Fuzzy Ken » May 24, 2023, 1:36 pm

Ya can’t live in the past.

Go along and take a look at the place at the end of my soi. Have some beer and perhaps mull over previous times but think about the future.

BTW, You could get some mugshots, might come in handy for those who easily forget who they met in the departure lounge.

Fuzzyken, with his Brownie 127

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 24, 2023, 10:27 pm

tamada wrote:
May 24, 2023, 7:14 am
This has morphed into a rather maudlin "where are they now?" thread.

CCW on (most) Friday's gets a decent turnout where those not overly discomfited by having their UM personae revealed or destroyed, indulge in happy, frequently raucous times with others who have absolutely no clue as to this forum's existence or the flat earth that throws us together.
Forgive my ignorance, but where does (is?) CCW?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 24, 2023, 10:30 pm

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 25, 2023, 1:20 pm

Great lets drive to the OTHER side of town, although with the expansion of the ring road, considerably quicker these days and meet up in a Car Wash . Are swimming trunks optional, more than 10 get to go through together a group huddle while getting washed and blow dried then a glass of water to rinse out the mouth and get back in the /on the mode of transport and shuffle off. What an exhilarating and completely mind numbing experience .

I will pass on that, my personal cleanliness is fine and driving all that way just so I can drink something non-alcoholic not my idea of fun .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 25, 2023, 7:12 pm

KP .. you dont know what you are missing at CCW .. get yourself there Friday / tomorrow afternoon circa 2pm when most of Udons finest rock up and a couple of sleeveless renegades... im sure you would be made most welcome.

Alas im a tad under the weather at the mo so wont be attending until i have the stitches out after being circumsized recently.. on the bright side i shall have a smashing pair of mockersens very soon that should never wear out.

Back more on topic .. The Gallery always good for a meet up.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 25, 2023, 7:19 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 25, 2023, 1:20 pm
Great lets drive to the OTHER side of town, although with the expansion of the ring road, considerably quicker these days and meet up in a Car Wash . Are swimming trunks optional, more than 10 get to go through together a group huddle while getting washed and blow dried then a glass of water to rinse out the mouth and get back in the /on the mode of transport and shuffle off. What an exhilarating and completely mind numbing experience .

I will pass on that, my personal cleanliness is fine and driving all that way just so I can drink something non-alcoholic not my idea of fun .
You're welcome.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 25, 2023, 7:23 pm

I'm sure KP is adopting the Groucho Marx defence here.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 25, 2023, 7:28 pm

I'm sure most attendees have just breathed a huge sigh of relief

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 26, 2023, 11:52 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 25, 2023, 7:12 pm
KP .. you dont know what you are missing at CCW .. get yourself there Friday / tomorrow afternoon circa 2pm when most of Udons finest rock up and a couple of sleeveless renegades... im sure you would be made most welcome.

Alas im a tad under the weather at the mo so wont be attending until i have the stitches out after being circumsized recently.. on the bright side i shall have a smashing pair of mockersens very soon that should never wear out.

DM
Sorry you can't make it DM. We'll miss you like you miss hemorrhoids.

Pity too, as I hear KP and Whistler are going to drop by.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 26, 2023, 12:01 pm

I hear that you have positive proof that the earth is indeed flat .......... the rather rotund members at CCW would have rolled down the hill by now if it were anything other than flat

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 26, 2023, 12:50 pm

tamada wrote:
May 26, 2023, 11:52 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 25, 2023, 7:12 pm

DM
Sorry you can't make it DM. We'll miss you like you miss hemorrhoids.

Pity too, as I hear KP and Whistler are going to drop by.
I would rather undergo removal of my testicles without anaesthetic , than turn up to a meeting where the outspoken backstabbing fraternity gather to insult and throw innuendos which have been moderated out of what was a good forum .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 26, 2023, 1:11 pm

Thats all the proof anyone should require

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Post by Fuzzy Ken » May 26, 2023, 10:05 pm

Oh dear, I thought this was all about looking for somewhere for a friendly chat. So far the concept of "friendly" appears to have been lost along the way.

I believe my suggested venue to be ideal but of course, a different venue each month may promote some variety, but it needs those interested to get on with it, so what are you waiting for ??

Fuzzyken

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 27, 2023, 5:35 am

No big loss.

KP's harrumphing I mean. Although it must be said that with a very low turnout at CCW yesterday, his mooted appearance didn't make for the expected big ticket draw. But maybe it was the threat of rain rather than the threat of KP.

Tinder users aside, in much the same way as smart phones have killed the art of conversation in the social arena, maybe most members get uncomfortable when their internet anonymity is peeled away? Or maybe, in lieu of a picture in an obituary, they want to be remembered just the way they were.

Segue
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 27, 2023, 8:57 am

[Redacted] Suffice to say that these days people who hide behind nom-de-plumes are so afraid of being seen and recognised that any meet-up could descend into a verbal or physical fight and most are afraid of direct confrontation preferring to hide behind anonymity .

If this does get posted I will be somewhat amazed [Redacted]. I take solace in the fat that Mr t hanks made a stirring speech at Harvard a place most including me have never been to nor studied at Is that TRUTH trumps everything and the current philosophy of denying truth is rampant. even on this forum for fear of upsetting someone !!!!!!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 27, 2023, 11:46 pm

I thought the ccw gang were on grinder
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 28, 2023, 2:21 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 27, 2023, 8:57 am
[Redacted] Suffice to say that these days people who hide behind nom-de-plumes are so afraid of being seen and recognised that any meet-up could descend into a verbal or physical fight and most are afraid of direct confrontation preferring to hide behind anonymity .

If this does get posted I will be somewhat amazed [Redacted]. I take solace in the fat that Mr t hanks made a stirring speech at Harvard a place most including me have never been to nor studied at Is that TRUTH trumps everything and the current philosophy of denying truth is rampant. even on this forum for fear of upsetting someone !!!!!!!!!!!
I would suggest you go back and review your own posts over the past few months. You have shown disdain for the truth on multiple threads.

Pot kettle black!
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 28, 2023, 6:09 am

Khun Paul wrote:

You're (still) welcome.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 28, 2023, 7:04 am

Whistler wrote:
May 28, 2023, 2:21 am
Khun Paul wrote:

I would suggest you go back and review your own posts over the past few months. You have shown disdain for the truth on multiple threads.

Pot kettle black!
Be careful those in greenhouses should never throw stones, only saving grace I have neither the energy or the inclination to play childish games, I have far better things to do than police the kindergarten you so enjoy

OldVeteran1982

Post by OldVeteran1982 » September 4, 2023, 12:36 pm

When i lived in Udon i made a point to stay away from fellow Expats. Clarification, i tried to stay away from fellow American Expats. Most i bumped into in Bangkok were loud, obnoxious and bitter. We're selling our home in America now and can't wait to get back to Udon for the family, good food, low cost of living, and of course the Lao Kao :) I would definitely appreciate meeting up occasionally to shoot the breeze and share a chuckle or two.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”