Weather in Udon ?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 20, 2021, 7:53 am

According to the TMD winter will be upon us by the end of October ... thats approx 1- 2 weeks later than usual time frame tho its forecast to be a shorter than normal cool season this year with warmer cool temps :? .... the country very much split North cool dry / South remaining cool but wetter longer.

Lovely morning here in the exclusive part of town ..it appears its been dry here over the last day or so which is strange being as i have just experienced the wettest road trip ever ..it started raining south of KK and never stopped and the clouds in Korat / around Khao yai were so low it was like driving through dense fog with the temp guage in the truck reading 19 :shock:

Im sensing a change in the weather ..calmer , dryer and cooler , great dog walking and odd job conditions..SMASHING

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 22, 2021, 6:58 am

As of yesterday Accu had not forecast this ...... and for those members currently not residing in Udon province i can confirm its very inclement at the moment .. started with thunder and very heavy precipitation early hours of the morning and still bucketing it down now.

Looking at the radar its about for a few more hours with a big splodge of green yellow and red over us whilst the rest of Isan is having it drier... at least its warm rain :D

https://weather.tmd.go.th/kknLoop.php

DM

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 22, 2021, 8:56 am

Over an inch and a half at kilo 18. Purrfect

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 22, 2021, 9:06 am

It's been raining heavily all night in Ban Dung, and still going.

BD - any readings from your rain gauge?

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » October 22, 2021, 9:50 am

1.6 inches (40.6 mm) in Ban Jan since about 01:00 this morning. Clearing now.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 22, 2021, 7:49 pm

Huai Luang dam at 60%. With continuing runoff and a few more rains maybe it'll get up to 65-70% before the rains stop. I see UbolRatana Dam is at 107%. All the Central Issan dams are brimming..http://www.thaiwater.net/water
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 23, 2021, 6:31 pm

Other than the fact I can't take outdoor showers for another 4-5 months, the weather this time of year is perfect! There'll probably be a few days during that time that I'll have to double-bundle up, but it's usually only for a few early mornings/evenings. We've got a big supply of dried santol, mango, and tamarind wood to get us through the coldest of days.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 27, 2021, 8:18 am

early field burning? Noted pretty high AQI's last night, particularly near Nong Na Kham on the east side so maybe burning at the city trash dump? Thought the AQI would remain good into January.. I'd like to enjoy the cool weather. Even right now its middling bad. https://aqicn.org/map/udon-thani/
Dave

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 5, 2021, 4:37 pm

Just watchin Thai ch3 news and the autourities are warning of a severe cold spell starting this Sunday 7th through til 13 th .. a whole week.of bone chilling temps n foggy mornings ...marvelous news.

Definately time to break out the long johns woolly hats and bed socks as according to forecasters this is the first of a lenghty period of temps 7° lower than normal taking us into December

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 6, 2021, 7:48 am

A definate crispness in the air at 6am this morning whilst walking mi doggies... looking forward to the chilly temps that are forecasted.

Its a beautiful bright sunny morning here in the more prestigious West side of town .. the East its still dark and effected by low lying cloud more commonly known as smog.

Local temple is having a week long knees up and im loving the EARLY morning tunes wofting there from. Lots of white clad basket holding old grannies heading to do what they do.

Back to the weather and long range sites are saying no more rain after what has been one of the wettest rainy seasons ever .. clear skies and cool to very cool temps into December and the New year .... and as Ronald Macdonald says (if he was real) ..IM LOVIN IT !!

Dm heading off now to join the old ladies and rummage through their baskets .. the raffle is at 10am and the cake stall is looking marvelous.

DM

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 6, 2021, 9:53 am

garrrrrghhhh.. east side of town and AQI at nearest Nong Na Kahm monitoring station showing 116 at 0951AM.. It was in the 150's earlier today. So, what is it? A post rice cutting burning of some fields or a massive dump fire at the east side city dump?? I see the Sam Phrao college campus showing in the 150's right now... Thank goodness the government is committed to "Net Zero by 2050!!" that'll stop this burning for sure..... =P~
Dave

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 23, 2021, 4:42 am

Dunno why but i fancied getting up ridiculously early at 4am .. two things i noticed on my stupid o'clock dog walk ..its lovely n cool circa 19 or 20 degrees and its dark , oh and no traffic on the normally busy ap/rr heavens junction.

Red sky at night sailors delight .. Red sky in the morning sailors warning ..as my old gran used to say... its red sky at 6am

Cooler temps forecast from today hopefully will come to fruition.

Is getting up this early the first sign of getting old ?? .. older :?

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 29, 2021, 5:06 am

Dogs woke me up at 3;08 am .. upon investigation a vagrant had decided to camp outside ..

A pyjama wearing early walkies and i can confirm it was lovely and cool , im guessing circa 19 degrees as forecast by Acu, Colder snap on its way from mid week so i will dig out my SUFC beanie and scarf.

I slipped the hobo guy 50 bt to move on and now enjoying a hot coffee... might as well stay up and de flee the dogs.

DM

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 29, 2021, 5:34 am

In the States, you could have blown his head off for trespassing. In Canada, you could have de-loused the dogs, and let the goof sleep in your bed, eat your breakfast, and depart on your scooter.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 29, 2021, 5:41 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 29, 2021, 5:34 am
In the States, you could have blown his head off for trespassing. In Canada, you could have de-loused the dogs, and let the goof sleep in your bed, eat your breakfast, and depart on your scooter.
:lol: :lol: that made me chortle LYM.. it was so much easier to slip him a quid for a bowl of rice and bar of soap.

Noticing quite a few homeless road walkers in and around Udon .. seeing everyday around the ring road , mostly on the ruffer East side.

I like this time ov day very pleasant ...thermometer is saying 18 at the mo.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 29, 2021, 7:00 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 29, 2021, 5:41 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
:lol: :lol: that made me chortle LYM.. it was so much easier to slip him a quid for a bowl of rice and bar of soap.

Noticing quite a few homeless road walkers in and around Udon .. seeing everyday around the ring road , mostly on the ruffer East side.

DM
Piss off DM, you only come to the east side when there's a chance of a free beer (like last Thursday).
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 29, 2021, 11:46 am

tamada wrote:
November 29, 2021, 7:00 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

DM
Piss off DM, you only come to the east side when there's a chance of a free beer (like last Thursday).
Yeah,He'll Always Accept ANYTHING For FREE Will The Monkey Man....He gave the Hobo 50 Baht ?? I Don't believe that for 1 Minute :^o :^o ,He Wouldn't GIVE Anyone Last Years Wet Bangkok Post !!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 30, 2021, 1:49 am

Stop shouting please, Alan, you're making me anxious again.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 30, 2021, 6:54 am

747man wrote:
November 29, 2021, 11:46 am
tamada wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

DM
Yeah,He'll Always Accept ANYTHING For FREE Will The Monkey Man....He gave the Hobo 50 Baht ?? I Don't believe that for 1 Minute :^o :^o ,He Wouldn't GIVE Anyone Last Years Wet Bangkok Post !!
Morcambe and not so Wise are up n about early this morning :lol: :lol: :lol: ..

i do have a heart Aan .. i felt sorry for the hobo ..it was a chilly morning and all he was wearing was a Liverpool shirt , as well as giving him 50 bt i offered him a quilted Everton jacket ...HE TOLD ME TO FOOK OFF !!!... the reason there seem to be more vagrants over on the up market West side is the bin scraps are better quality and you get 50 bt tips from kind expats .. as for you blue nose Alan your comments are hurtful but not worthy of reporting .. alas i wouldnt give you the steam off one of my early morning sh*ts after making me so upset.

Tammy is pulling yer leg readers ... i admit after checking my typhoid n cholera jabs were up to date i did nip over to Cols outback secrets bar (marvelous spot) over on Udons rougher more prone to rioting East side .. soon picking up the strange dialect over there i did except a beer from wee Jammy Tammy ... as he said it was great to see me after so long .. being a Jock obviously he did hang about until i reciprocated and got him a beer back even after hiding in the swimming pool changing rooms ...

back on topic .. lovely cool ..chilly morning but no shirt required for this mornings dog wak much to the shock n horror of the passing locals who were wearing more clothes than a Russian orphanage .. forecast for more perfect weather here in Udon /Isan over the next few days ...sadly no so in Southern Thailand as very very heavy rain is still causing serious flooding.

Rafas at the wheel .. but not for much longer !! :lol: :lol:

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 30, 2021, 8:06 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 30, 2021, 6:54 am
747man wrote:
November 29, 2021, 11:46 am
tamada wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

DM
Morcambe and not so Wise are up n about early this morning :lol: :lol: :lol: ..

i do have a heart Aan .. i felt sorry for the hobo ..it was a chilly morning and all he was wearing was a Liverpool shirt , as well as giving him 50 bt i offered him a quilted Everton jacket ...HE TOLD ME TO FOOK OFF !!!... the reason there seem to be more vagrants over on the up market West side is the bin scraps are better quality and you get 50 bt tips from kind expats .. as for you blue nose Alan your comments are hurtful but not worthy of reporting .. alas i wouldnt give you the steam off one of my early morning sh*ts after making me so upset.

Tammy is pulling yer leg readers ... i admit after checking my typhoid n cholera jabs were up to date i did nip over to Cols outback secrets bar (marvelous spot) over on Udons rougher more prone to rioting East side .. soon picking up the strange dialect over there i did except a beer from wee Jammy Tammy ... as he said it was great to see me after so long .. being a Jock obviously he did hang about until i reciprocated and got him a beer back even after hiding in the swimming pool changing rooms ...

back on topic .. lovely cool ..chilly morning but no shirt required for this mornings dog wak much to the shock n horror of the passing locals who were wearing more clothes than a Russian orphanage .. forecast for more perfect weather here in Udon /Isan over the next few days ...sadly no so in Southern Thailand as very very heavy rain is still causing serious flooding.

Rafas at the wheel .. but not for much longer !! :lol: :lol:

DM
alas i wouldnt give you the steam off one of my early morning sh*ts after making me so upset.

Well YOU Know what You can Do with That,You Don't need me to put it in Writing Do Yer ?? :-k :-k

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”