Weather in Udon ?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 10:22 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 25, 2021, 9:50 am

They arent hangin about laying the new road ..its the drain laying gang that appear to be arse draggers...

Rebar 2 vehicles 0 .. so far from what ive seen.

Its mizzling a bit now .. ( a Lincolnshire term) for light rain or drizzle ..

DM
It’s more a steady rain here.

If I’m being honest, I’m struggling to understand how the rebar is winning. I thought there was plenty of room, didn’t feel as though it was a tight space at all.

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 10:25 am

tamada wrote:
May 25, 2021, 10:22 am

Our Yai's winter allotment across the street from the castle has burnt to a crisp in the April sun (as usual). The only pottering done there will be in December when we'll pay a couple of Burmese 500 baht/day to chop down the jungle that takes over during the rainy season.

Otherwise, inside my moat, there's no garden to potter around in as we have that classic Isaan feature of wall-to-wall cement in our yard. There are 5 mango trees (but doesn't everyone have those?) and a stubby, non-flowering stump of greenery next to the car port. That one yields leafy products that the neighbors frequently ask if they can harvest in small quantities so it must taste good. Oh wait... Does anyone have a picture of what kratom looks like in the wild?
Living the Isaan dream eh? You’ll just have to stick to your perving over the youngsters from the corner.

I feel for you, I really do

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 25, 2021, 10:45 am

Niggly wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 25, 2021, 9:50 am

They arent hangin about laying the new road ..its the drain laying gang that appear to be arse draggers...

Rebar 2 vehicles 0 .. so far from what ive seen.

Its mizzling a bit now .. ( a Lincolnshire term) for light rain or drizzle ..

DM
It’s more a steady rain here.

If I’m being honest, I’m struggling to understand how the rebar is winning. I thought there was plenty of room, didn’t feel as though it was a tight space at all.
Replace mizzling with ..pissing down or belting it down (other Lincolnshire favourites) ..rain stopped play... appears ACCU weather getting it right up to now.

The rebar issue is on the out bound carriageway Nong Hin school side where the single lane narrows between the freshly laid concrete road and the grass island .. the surface is really uneven and when rains becomes flooded .. saying that the 2 cars ive seen loose to the rebar the road was dry .. driver error ?? maybe on phone lining what they had for lunch dunno.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 11:04 am

Aah, different place to where I was then so can’t really pass comment.

I was on the ring road anti clockwise, u turned further up, went into Big C then came back clockwise. No problems driving past rebar there

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 25, 2021, 11:12 am

tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
May 25, 2021, 10:09 am
Excellent weather for those that enjoy pottering about in the garden, which many posters seem to avoid at all costs, possibly due to their portliness. Oh well a little damp but cracking on weeding the plant pots, a very slow job hence in the sun avoid it unless it is a terrible need.
Our Yai's winter allotment across the street from the castle has burnt to a crisp in the April sun (as usual). The only pottering done there will be in December when we'll pay a couple of Burmese 500 baht/day to chop down the jungle that takes over during the rainy season.

Otherwise, inside my moat, there's no garden to potter around in as we have that classic Isaan feature of wall-to-wall cement in our yard. There are 5 mango trees (but doesn't everyone have those?) and a stubby, non-flowering stump of greenery next to the car port. That one yields leafy products that the neighbors frequently ask if they can harvest in small quantities so it must taste good. Oh wait... Does anyone have a picture of what kratom looks like in the wild?
Yes noterd but still with Plant Pots you cam do amazing things, I actually counted mine over 130 to deal with from Mini trees to seedlings happily growing . It ois the birds with their droppings that drop seeds of all sorts and they grow, some very quickly.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 25, 2021, 11:23 am

^ My mum and her mum were avid pot planters. I recall where we would have 2 or 3 pot plants for granny stowed carefully in the Ford Anglia as we headed to Nairn for summer hols. The climate there made for brilliant flowers and healthy pot plants. The return trip always had maybe half-a-dozen headed for the cooler climes of our Buchan home. As my mum's eyesight sadly deteriorated, so did the amount of effort she could put into the bonnie, summer flowering front garden but I still have the photos.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 11:50 am

Rain stopped at Chez Niggles. The sun obviously shines on the righteous

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 25, 2021, 12:48 pm

Rain stopped and brightening up no end here ... amazing how quickly the rain puddles are drying.

The umpires inspected the intersection .. covers are off and play will resume after the interval for sticky rice n moo ping... the hunky roady team are grafters .. alas a splash of drizzle and the drain gang have done a runner ..they are
T W A T S

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 25, 2021, 12:51 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 25, 2021, 11:50 am
Rain stopped at Chez Niggles. The sun obviously shines on the righteous
Skies lightening up over Castle tam. Niggly must be bending over further north.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 1:02 pm

I’m south of you.

You must be looking at the reflection from my keyboard light on some spangly gold ear jewellery.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 25, 2021, 2:58 pm

Drying up- nicely, pots almost done, not a sweaty brow anywhere. Gentle breeze, glad you have some sum DM, need over that side with all the Godless around you ....lol

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 25, 2021, 3:41 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 25, 2021, 2:58 pm
Drying up- nicely, pots almost done, not a sweaty brow anywhere. Gentle breeze, glad you have some sum DM, need over that side with all the Godless around you ....lol
I havent been over the East side for quite some time Paul as i left my socks sandals and egg stained singlet at my Buriram abode .. i will get my Cholera , Typhoid and Tetanus boosters done and go for a drive around that way .. taking mi dogs as protection as ive heard its a bit dangerous there car jackings drive by shootings and even beer in tea mugs. .... nothing so murky on the West side where the power never goes off , police are not needed and the rose gardens are always in bloom.

Back in the real world .. high % chance of rain midnight to 5am ..

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 25, 2021, 5:58 pm

Delightful, peaceful, cool evening. Lots of singed things are turning green

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 26, 2021, 8:45 am

Another totally crap weather forecast by ACCU as no overnight rain ..80/90% chance my arse.. how difficult with all the modern tech to get it right once n awhile??? showing again Thurs n Fri high chance of rain then back to a dry steaming hot spell... yeah right n my todger is 14' long

Roady hunks still deciding on a concrete pour or a union meeting to discuss safety on site hard straw hat steel toe cap flip flop issues

Drain guys ..AWOL ... WABOW

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 26, 2021, 9:26 am

The ground around Chez Niggles looks a bit damper than when I went to bed but no other evidence of overnight rain. I’d even gone to the extent of trying to fix a leaky gutter joint & wanted to test it out but not enough water.

Yai is happily pottering about in the cooler temperatures. The ever present sombrero is still in the garage so the sun mustn’t be too strong

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 26, 2021, 3:45 pm

Humungus splodge of rain hitting the Nadee areas as i type ...a proper heavy down pour destroying the rcently laid concrete and flooding within minutes .. no thunder etc just big rain .. chaotic scenes out front at the AP/RR intersection

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 26, 2021, 4:12 pm

I just got a drenching.
Quite happily sitting on the sofa when Mrs Ns next urgent, pressing matter turned into washing the dogs bed immediately so I took it to the village machine on the bike & got caught out going home.
Think I’ll collect it in the car

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 26, 2021, 4:57 pm

Bright & dry here now. You wouldn’t even know there’d been such a downpour less than an hour ago.

Got the dogs bed & stayed dried for those interested

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 26, 2021, 7:20 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 26, 2021, 4:12 pm
I just got a drenching.
Quite happily sitting on the sofa when Mrs Ns next urgent, pressing matter turned into washing the dogs bed immediately so I took it to the village machine on the bike & got caught out going home.
Think I’ll collect it in the car
Good God man! Send Mrs N to go get it! Tell her you're watching a really good movie. I recommend 'Driving Miss Daisy"

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 26, 2021, 7:49 pm

tamada wrote:
May 26, 2021, 7:20 pm

Good God man! Send Mrs N to go get it! Tell her you're watching a really good movie. I recommend 'Driving Miss Daisy"
Please try & keep up, I've already collected the dogs bed.

Anyhoo, it was that or take care of a hyperactive 3yo thats been on a steady supply of donuts from Mrs N for the last few of hours & a sleepy dog that keeps getting said 3yo finger stuck up his ar$e.

I'll take the collecting the dogs bed thank you very much

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”