Weather in Udon ?

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by tamada » August 14, 2022, 2:28 pm

TS Mulan landed in north Vietnam and as predicted, the main threat in Isaan is to Nong Khai and other provinces fronting the Mekhong with a rise of up to 2m predicted due to the rain dump in central Laos.

Mulan is now a deep depression and has moved west over northern Thailand and there's flooding in Chiang Mai today.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus ... l/40018875

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 21, 2022, 9:05 am

139mm last night at kilo 18. No wind

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 21, 2022, 9:36 am

A tad damp this morning with forecast of a tad more dampness !!

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » August 21, 2022, 9:50 am

Nong Wua So had 14 hours of heavy rain since yesterday afternoon. Stopped about 6am but still cloudy.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 22, 2022, 9:15 am

Khun Paul wrote:
August 21, 2022, 9:36 am
It's a bitch isnt it. Tena make a good range of products

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 22, 2022, 1:01 pm

samster wrote:
August 22, 2022, 9:15 am
Khun Paul wrote:
August 21, 2022, 9:36 am
It's a bitch isnt it. Tena make a good range of products
I tried Tena as "after dribbles and run off " can be a WEE bit embarrassing in the supermarket .. when Tena not in stock i use an old football sock :^o .. during the night its not to bad as i can blame the dogs.

Boots stock a decent range of products for those suffering with dampness throughout the day.

Back to the weather .. lovely day , dry with nice temps ..seems the storm that brought a big lump of rain in the last few days has/is moving away.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 22, 2022, 1:42 pm

Not having any idea what TENA is or was, I think the penny has dropped. Sorry to advise all you wind-up merchants I have NO NEED of any devices I am able to attend to my toilet needs in the Toilet not by wearing an incontinence pad as some have suggested.
In truth I have never researched them,. but then many seem to have personal knowledge it would appear, obviously aging quicker than I am

The dampness I mentioned which brought ridicule was relating to a tongue in cheek comment about it being wet following two downpours, but then that went over peoples heads as well .

Quite amusing really those quick to disparage are themselves being foolish

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 22, 2022, 3:08 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
August 22, 2022, 1:42 pm
Not having any idea what TENA is or was, I think the penny has dropped. Sorry to advise all you wind-up merchants I have NO NEED of any devices I am able to attend to my toilet needs in the Toilet not by wearing an incontinence pad as some have suggested.
In truth I have never researched them,. but then many seem to have personal knowledge it would appear, obviously aging quicker than I am

The dampness I mentioned which brought ridicule was relating to a tongue in cheek comment about it being wet following two downpours, but then that went over peoples heads as well .

And the longest dribble of the week award goes to...
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 22, 2022, 5:06 pm

Khun Paul wrote:

its nothing to be ashamed of KP .. if you need help or advice there is a weekly meeting for Udon based "dribblers" at PFs on Fridays , like wise spotters certainly gave me good advice and i got over my phobia of worrying going out into public areas with a damp patch... using a used Lay crisp packet also helped though was a bit itchy at times especially the cheese n onion flavour.

Be strong KP .. your many friends on here are behind you in your wee problem.

back in the real world and Udon weather .. marvelous sunny afternoon great dog walking weather, looking at the TMD rain radar nowt serious for a day or so ........but that can change quickly here as wee know.

DM

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » August 22, 2022, 5:11 pm

^ I hear shouts of Check Bin!!!

Sorry back to the weather, what is the flooding situation like inside the City nowadays? Has any of the big drainage projects been generating a good outcome?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 22, 2022, 5:24 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 22, 2022, 5:06 pm
Khun Paul wrote:

its nothing to be ashamed of KP .. if you need help or advice there is a weekly meeting for Udon based "dribblers" at PFs on Fridays , like wise spotters certainly gave me good advice and i got over my phobia of worrying going out into public areas with a damp patch... using a used Lay crisp packet also helped though was a bit itchy at times especially the cheese n onion flavour.

back in the real world and Udon weather .. marvelous sunny afternoon great dog walking weather, looking at the TMD rain radar nowt serious for a day or so ........but that can change quickly here as wee know.

DM
Thankyou for your comments regarding dribbling, something I have never had a problem with, your expertise must therefore be First Hand , maybe you should go into business educating the unintelligent, ignorant and downright stupid, you would fit right in that crowd !!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 22, 2022, 6:23 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
August 22, 2022, 5:24 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

DM
Thankyou for your comments regarding dribbling, something I have never had a problem with, your expertise must therefore be First Hand , maybe you should go into business educating the unintelligent, ignorant and downright stupid, you would fit right in that crowd !!
I already have .. started trading today :lol: :lol: :lol: .. you were the first customer !!

Geez its only a bit of a leg pull KP .. btw spotting / dribbling doesnt normally start until nearing your 80s .. i found giving the fella a dam good shake followed by a last quick single shake gets rid of any drops that are ready to cause embarassment.

back to Udon weather again .. deano ..the town center certainly flooded in the other neets big storm and heavy rain for a good 12 hours, mr parrot got some big numbers in his rain gauge out in the sticks also... the drainage klongs around the ring road were noticably well higher but dropped again today .. maybe the councils water plan as well as the leccy is working ??

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 23, 2022, 6:54 am

first light this morning ..excellent dog walking weather .. quite misty with a bit of fog over here on Udons West side , checking the TMD rain radar and looks clear for today ..yet they the TMD are warning of heavy rain throughout the North and North East .. strange...

hoping another hour and the sun is out and a dry day as i want to spray paint the front wall steel railings today .. take the risk or not ??

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 23, 2022, 6:55 am

TMD rain radar link... always been pretty accurate https://weather.tmd.go.th/kknLoop.php

Green is rain
Yellow heavy rain
Red storm

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 23, 2022, 7:11 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 22, 2022, 6:23 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
August 22, 2022, 5:24 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

DM
I already have .. started trading today :lol: :lol: :lol: .. you were the first customer !!

Geez its only a bit of a leg pull KP .. btw spotting / dribbling doesnt normally start until nearing your 80s .. i found giving the fella a dam good shake followed by a last quick single shake gets rid of any drops that are ready to cause embarassment.

back to Udon weather again .. deano ..the town center certainly flooded in the other neets big storm and heavy rain for a good 12 hours, mr parrot got some big numbers in his rain gauge out in the sticks also... the drainage klongs around the ring road were noticably well higher but dropped again today .. maybe the councils water plan as well as the leccy is working ??

DM
Thankyou for your comments, taken as written , replied to in the same tone as you wrote yours. Good job I partially like you !!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 25, 2022, 8:00 am

Well the dry side of town got wet this morning
Had 74mm of rain
Best for the season
Second best was back in April of 63mm

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 25, 2022, 9:20 am

My wife and I subscribe to the theory that ants are often times better forecasters of heavy rain than weather forecasters. The day before our 139mm rain a few days ago, trails of ants were scurrying across a dirt path near our home carrying eggs from their nests. The weather forecast for that day was 40%, and no indication of heavy rain.
Last night, our 139mm was topped up with 163mm of more rain, direct lightening hits in the yard, and wind coming from the North, which is not the norm. Still a far cry from the 13"-in-6-hours that we got back in the year 2000......but it's still early in tropical storm season. Watch your ants!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 25, 2022, 9:53 am

Yes the ants were busy yesterday

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » August 25, 2022, 2:50 pm

Flooding in town this morning.
Attachments
np 25 1.jpg
np 25 3.jpg
np 25 5.jpg
np 25 7.jpg

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 26, 2022, 1:16 pm

Huai Luang Dam is up about 10% in the last month or so with inflows bumping it up a couple of percent each day.
https://www.thaiwater.net/water
Dave

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”