Weather in Udon ?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 9, 2021, 9:22 am

During the night i woke to syfon the python and it was lashing down ( pleased we got an indoor toilet here unlike back in Scunthorpe) .. seemed like a good morning to have a lay in so opened mi pinkies just after 8 and its still drizzling ,,,and no proper blooming excess in or out the car park due to the roadies.

Loverly temps nice dog walking weather in the posh part of town , currently 25 degrees with a high of 30 expected .. 80% chance of rain .

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 9, 2021, 10:24 am

Not raining at Chez Niggles but everything is damp, the cushions on the patio furniture, my flip flops on the doorstep, the dog, you name it.

I’d love to take you up on the offer AJ. Can’t be any worse than the Tessaban team who think chucking a 20kg plastic bag of ready mix tarmac still in the bag into a hole constitutes a road repair. I watched them one day, there were 9 of them & a truck driver performing this task
ajsp9 wrote:
June 9, 2021, 4:35 am

I made a comment on here years ago about a similar situation and suggested some of our Irish ☘️ members ( myself included) offer to lay some Tarmac….went down like a lead balloon! I’ll see if I can get some of my Kerry boys over subject to Covid restrictions 🤣🤣
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 9, 2021, 11:04 am

Afternoon/Overnight rain here was a lot, due to overflow of my measuring jar had to rely on my small ponds - between 10-15 cm. Only need 2 more like that to fill up the farm ponds now. Needed wellington boots to check out the vegetable garden - still over 10 cm of water on top. Need more soil.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 9, 2021, 11:31 am

rick wrote:
June 9, 2021, 11:04 am
Afternoon/Overnight rain here was a lot, due to overflow of my measuring jar had to rely on my small ponds - between 10-15 cm. Only need 2 more like that to fill up the farm ponds now. Needed wellington boots to check out the vegetable garden - still over 10 cm of water on top. Need more soil.
perhaps deepere digging and turning over the soil will enhance the drainage Rick . the top may be soft but the underlying soil is packed like concrete , had that in my garden, eventually brute foprce and turning it over to one foot deep solved the problem.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 9, 2021, 11:32 am

rick wrote:
perhaps deepere digging and turning over the soil will enhance the drainage Rick . the top may be soft but the underlying soil is packed like concrete , had that in my garden, eventually brute foprce and turning it over to one foot deep solved the problem. Adddins some sharp sand to the compost from bags, also aided the problem.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 9, 2021, 11:33 am

Double post

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 9, 2021, 6:00 pm

Stayed dry long enough to trim the long grass in the garden, 96% of it anyway, so tomorrow/tonight if no rain picju up the cuttings . Currently very pleasant outside a very light breeze

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 10, 2021, 12:51 am

Khun Paul wrote:
June 9, 2021, 11:32 am
rick wrote:
perhaps deepere digging and turning over the soil will enhance the drainage Rick . the top may be soft but the underlying soil is packed like concrete , had that in my garden, eventually brute foprce and turning it over to one foot deep solved the problem. Adddins some sharp sand to the compost from bags, also aided the problem.
Already dug one foot deep (do once every year). problem is it is a low point in the garden, but has the best quality soil. I dig in some sand every year as well. I am hesitant to get truckloads of new soil because 2 out of 3 times the new soil is crap. Last lot went rock hard even with sand and kee moo added, and the plants were stunted.
In the dry season the veg garden soil is great (as long as no big storm) can grow beans, spinach and carrots. Just now it is useless until October.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 10, 2021, 8:21 am

Constant steady rain started last night at 10pm and has continued all night on the West side .. and its still raining now. Lovely cool fresh air n temperature currently 24 with a high of 29 forecast today... pleased i trained mi JRs to use the indoor WC.

Downside .. virtually impossible to get out of the car park more so totally impossible to get back in in a car or truck due to the roady people laying shuttering and mesh ready to lay the new inner 4 th road lane which is a no no today at the moment .. another fine mess you got me in Stanley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIPfEBuA7HY

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 12, 2021, 7:49 am

been up since 6am (best part ov the day) and watched it get increasing darker not lighter ... very dull and overcast and its just started raining proper in the posh West side suburbs near the airport.

Lovely temp ..currently 25 degrees with a high of just 28 and high % of prolonged rain forecast via Accu.

Skegness summer bank holiday weather ..in Udon =D> marvelous ..if only we had the fish n chips to match (no statto i cant make them either)

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 13, 2021, 7:31 am

Plenty of overnight rain and still raining now ...as forecast by AccuQ... 50 to 80% rain all day and the temps are glorious .. currently 23 degrees with a high of only 26... it reminds me of the day long ago in Scunthorpe when i got married .. a day that one can only describe as clouded in misery until i got parole.

KP still waiting to complete the remaining 4 % of the weeding ?

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 13, 2021, 5:52 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 13, 2021, 7:31 am
Plenty of overnight rain and still raining now ...as forecast by AccuQ... 50 to 80% rain all day and the temps are glorious .. currently 23 degrees with a high of only 26... it reminds me of the day long ago in Scunthorpe when i got married .. a day that one can only describe as clouded in misery until i got parole.

KP still waiting to complete the remaining 4 % of the weeding ?

DM
Paddling at the moment thanks

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 13, 2021, 6:29 pm

I'm resorting to wellingtons, as over my ankles.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 14, 2021, 8:02 am

Brighter , dryer and a tad warmer today in Udonville .. low chance of rain (30%) with temps circa 29/30 degrees .. thats 4 degrees warmer than yesterday which was decidedly British...after a rain stopped play day off yesterday the roadies are back at work causing more chaos in the afflatulent part of town.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 15, 2021, 6:23 am

This morning dry but with an overcast sky, it is probably going to rain in the not too distant future, yesterday was very pleasant allowing plants, ground etc to dry out a bit with the gentle wind and with some sun, warmed up everything. As I type I notice the dark clouds moving quite fast across my bit of shy heading in a South Westerly direction . Which is interesting as most weather sites show the wind moving in the other direction . lol

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 15, 2021, 7:47 am

Dry and bright this morning ..currently 25 degrees with a high of 30 .... a chance of an isolated thunderstorm / shower covering all the bases for the ACCU weather forecasters.

DM

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 15, 2021, 11:17 am

It can rain for the rest of the week for all i care . Managed to get my grass cut this morning , despite it being a little moist . Garden looks great , and i scored some brownie points with her indoors .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 16, 2021, 11:09 am

saint wrote:
June 15, 2021, 11:17 am
It can rain for the rest of the week for all i care . Managed to get my grass cut this morning , despite it being a little moist . Garden looks great , and i scored some brownie points with her indoors .
love a freshly manicured bush and the smell of freshly mowed grass... Ive not managed to get down to the Buriram abode recently due to covid and a recent hospital experience ..im told by my neighbour the grass is a tad scruffy and in some place 1m high .. will a need a team of local sheilas armed with brush cutters to get it sorted before June is out.

Only one word to describe the weather today NOW .. ABSOLUTELY FAB .. sunny warm comfortable temps and a few fluffy clouds making for a lovely cute DM selfie .. low chance of rain and more of the same for the next few days ..

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 16, 2021, 1:15 pm

Yep, delightful at Chez Niggles too. Just nice for sunning meself without singing me bonce too

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 16, 2021, 5:11 pm

A few wispy clouds in the otherwise blue sky. A beautiful cool breeze at 32 making it a delight to sit on the patio listening to the wildlife going about their business while sipping an iced peach & passionfruit tea

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”