photo slide projectors

General Udon Thani topics only!
hey you
udonmap.com

photo slide projectors

Post by hey you » September 27, 2007, 3:54 am

In October I will be another newbie in Udon, I have a problem as to my collection of photo slides. Should I bring my small projector with me and hope it works in LOS?. Should I leave it at home and try and buy one when I get to Udon?. Another possability is to have the slides put onto CD, but I have only seen projectors that are for showing DVDs. Any thaughts from you experts would be more than appreciated

ergman
udonmap.com

Post by ergman » September 27, 2007, 4:26 am

Hey "hey you" :D

As far as I know you should have no problem bringing your projector with you. Just make sure of the voltage you are plugging it into. As far as the new LCD and DLP projectors go almost all of them have the computer hook-up along with all of your other video connections (Composite, S-Video, Component and HDMI which is the latest). All of these connections can be used for whatever video source you are sending to the projector be it satellite, Play Station or Xbox, VCR, DVD, camcorder or whatever....and of course your computer. Hope this info helps!!

Ed

valentine

Post by valentine » September 27, 2007, 9:47 am

You could alternatively purchase a Canon scanner 4400F about 4,000bht. then you could scan your slides, 4 at a time to computer, then up to you where you go from there. The copier also does colour correction if your slides are old and fading.

hey you
udonmap.com

Post by hey you » September 28, 2007, 9:54 pm

Thank you gentlemen,from Ergman I think projectors are more available than over here, in todays paper the" best buy" is Toshiba ET20, to get into focus you move the projector, a bargain at only 31000 bht. As most of the photos are landscapes Iwill bring the projector, the bigger the photo the better.

Geoffrey
udonmap.com

Post by Geoffrey » November 27, 2007, 10:40 am

I have a Kodak Ektalite 1000 slide projector. I can get parts and service (and new projectors) from Kodak's Thailand office (they have their own building) on Wipawadee Rangsit Road in Bangkok. I send my slides for processing in Bangkok. There are 2 or 3 very good shops there for processing slides.
Holy Harp

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”