Udon camera / print shops to recommend?

General Udon Thani topics only!
cali4995
udonmap.com

Udon camera / print shops to recommend?

Post by cali4995 » February 15, 2008, 11:43 am

I just dropped some film off at that Central Digital place across from the Charoensri.
The guy tells me they only print on "matte" paper which seems to detract from the
quality of the shots vs. gloss (that and my very basic film camera ,two strikes) Anyone
have pleasant experiences with any of the local shops and there seem to be many?

I'm really in the market for an entry-level digital, just so many more options and
many of these shops don't even want to mess with film anymore. It looks like for
5-6k baht you could get something very usable. mainly of course, the ability to do
night photography, and they're so small really inconspicuous. Any recommendations? :-k

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 15, 2008, 12:24 pm

Cali, I recently bought a Canon Sure Shot A 460 for 4,900 Baht in Tesco/Lotus It took me ALL of a Day to work out how to use it.............I can HIGHLY Recommend this camera..

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » February 15, 2008, 12:47 pm

we have a couple low end kodaks, also can recommend them. 5000 bhat should get a decent one. they handle all my pic necessities. unless you plan on wide angle, 360, or special stuff, entry level should suit your needs. along with photoshop, and they all look good. much cheaper in the long run.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » February 15, 2008, 12:50 pm

it you want to spend a little more I bought sony cyber shot W 80 for 10 K they have some for less money in hardware house or sony corp here in udon with many selection to fit your budget
digital is the only way to go in my opinion I have 3 camera canon camoder Z70 fuji S 20 SLR
plus my cyber shot which I take with me almost every day my cyber shot adjust for night time photos ask some people who have digital camera what they recomend I like sony & fuji it all about choice & comfort my favorite is Nikon but I can not afford the one I like LOL

Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

Post by Thai_1_On » February 15, 2008, 3:09 pm

Cali I have a Fuji digital camera, very basic, but it takes great shots. These poor camera has seen it's share of abuse over the last 3 years and keeps on working, very good product.

So how did the pictures from High Tech turn out 8-[

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » February 15, 2008, 3:34 pm

I use the Fuji shop near Udon jail for prints. Good quality and reasonable rates.

John
Gurgle, Gurgle...

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 15, 2008, 4:55 pm

:lol: John,how much do you pay the guards to let you out to go to the photoshop? :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 15, 2008, 5:21 pm

BKKSTAN wrote::lol: John,how much do you pay the guards to let you out to go to the photoshop? :lol:
A BIG Bottle of Laocow,Maybe ??? =D> =D>

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » February 15, 2008, 7:22 pm

Day pass, conjugal visits. 8)
Gurgle, Gurgle...

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 15, 2008, 7:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » February 16, 2008, 11:05 am

I had been looking at that Canon powershot A-460. At 5MP it's the simplest
thing on the market, I had seen them on sale somewhere and I also thought
that would be a good one to get started with, just really basic stuff. I mean
they all have MP3 and video and mobile phone capacity it's just too much. :lol:

The deal with the matte vs. gloss paper for me anyway is the matte finish
always seems make the photo lose a bit of it's sharpness, and it may just
be my eyes. Especially if you want to scan a few and then I think the fuzzy
quality would be compounded. Every shop seems to use different paper.

I went through that high tech place again friday night maybe 19:30 and it
was dead, there must be 50 of those shop stalls/bars and some large
units which more resemble clubs but most of them closed and just really
quiet. Maybe it's just for the younger set and they don't get busy until late?
my shots did come back but other than showing general layout in daytime
not very interesting. nighttime with the little digital would be much better. :D

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » February 16, 2008, 11:42 am

cali why don't you get a ink jet printer Canon makes a very good one and print out the photos your self Oh it also comes with a scanner & copier and you can buy high gloss paper I would assume in the print shop or camera shop if worse comes to worse you can always have a family member send you some give it some thought and check prices to fit your budget

Geoffrey
udonmap.com

Post by Geoffrey » February 17, 2008, 4:38 pm

I like to use Jum Jim Photoshop for prints (35mm or digital). They do excellent work and can accomodate most special requests. They also sell come cameras and have some well-thought out opinions about cameras and photography. For slides I mail my film to a shop in Bangkok.
I use a Canon Rebel X 35 mm camera and a Canon A95 digital. The A95 had a problem after 2 years. It cost 2650 baht to repair. Canon, Sony and Fuji have the best reputation for digital cameras.
Holy Harp

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » February 17, 2008, 8:24 pm

Just remember, the Sony memory stick is proprietary; and expensive (the last time I looked, years ago).

I use a Kodak and SD memory.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”