Understanding Boo Men

General Udon Thani topics only!
swami
udonmap.com

Understanding Boo Men

Post by swami » June 5, 2008, 10:12 pm

It is not difficult to understand how a boo man thinks or why he thinks that way. A boo man seldom has to think. He does not ever learn to think, especially about consequences. 98% of the time the boo man has only two answers to any situation, and these answers do not require thought. The first thing a boo man considers is

Will Power
udonmap.com

Post by Will Power » June 6, 2008, 9:48 am

Good post Swami. :lol:

Keep up the good work.

wilson_smith
udonmap.com

Post by wilson_smith » June 6, 2008, 12:43 pm

I like the boo girls and boo ladies! :shock: I avoid the boo men! just ignore them 8)

38nholding
udonmap.com

Post by 38nholding » June 6, 2008, 12:46 pm

=D> =D> =D>

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 6, 2008, 2:42 pm

ive seen plenty of boo ladies on the roads here, just like you describe, who said theres no equality in thailand, give it another 10 years and it will be full of ladettes. just like englands essex girls, oh well cant have it all i suppose. :shock: :shock:

udoncrazy

Post by udoncrazy » June 6, 2008, 3:27 pm

Don't you mean baa men?

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » June 6, 2008, 4:25 pm

Boo sounds more scary :shock:

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » June 6, 2008, 7:16 pm

Swami, based on your post (it's long but quite good) I can understand completely who these 'boo men' are but, I'm having a bit of a problem understanding where the term 'boo' came from or what it relates to?? 8)
Stay atop the grass

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Re: Understanding Boo Men

Post by Irish Alan » June 6, 2008, 8:45 pm

swami wrote:Look at the society. As boys, boo men are allowed to do anything they wish (almost) with little instruction and no discipline from a parent; and more often than not, it is not a parent who is raising them, but a grandparent who has little incentive toward discipline. Notice boo children in a restaurant. They are allowed to do as they please and if they bother other diners, so what? So early in life the boo man learns that it is fine to do anything he wishes and to hell with anyone else. Boo boys and girls are not raised by the same rules, so when they are adults they do not react the same manner. The boo man, then, is trained early to always do what is best for him with no thought of anyone else or any consequence. This is because he has never had to face a consequence for his actions.
=D> =D> =D> How true, they just don't give a bollix about anybody... One walking around the foodcourt in the complex today bouncing his basketball, what a fukken racket and his parents beside him, "Oh cute little Somchai we are so proud of you." They run around in school, don't care, no education then go on to a successful career in tuk-tuk driving but at least they remember some English: "You want lady?, she velly good."

Luckily there are some exceptions... Unfortunately not too many.

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » June 7, 2008, 1:39 am

Yes, I'm afraid there are a goodly number of boo women as well. Cutting
queue's at the 7-11, beeping at pedestrians who don't get out of the way
of their motorbike fast enough. Unpleasant trash coming out their mouths.

You still meet a lot of really polite young people though? I don't know how
they end up so different from some of their peers? To this day I still get
embarrassed if I get a genuine wai and a sincere sawadee ka/krap. :oops:

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » June 7, 2008, 4:24 am

I don't think Boo Men (no idea where the term comes from?) are not exclusive to Thailand. Every where I go in the world seems to be full of them.

As you say these people seem to do whatever they want and don't give a damn about how there actions effect anyone else.

To some extent I think the Boo Man principle can be contagious. The more of these people you meet, the more you end up thinking what the hell yourself and caring less about the effect of your actions.

(Nearly got knocked off at a zebra crossing in Bournemouth the other day by a 'Boo OAP' :shock: )

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » June 7, 2008, 6:40 am

Although they are not always ''boo men''(assuming you are talking about Thai men in general),I always consider the possibility that the Thai stranger may be a ''boo man'' and act accordingly.This is Thailand and it is prudent to be prepared if your natural personality has developed like mine!

If you are normally a passive accepting individual,then you are lucky because you will not be offended by ''boo persons'' anyway and you can relax more than me.I remain ever vigilant! :lol:

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 7, 2008, 6:52 am

i was heading for a vacant checkout at tescos last week, when i spotted someone almost running to get in front of me, so without thinking to look , i quickened my pace , thinking, no way pedro . i made it first and took a glance to see who came second and i could not beleive it was a woman monk !!!!!!!!! you know the ones with shaved heads and all in white, sigourney weaver clones, i thought to myself , there aint a lot of karma going on in her head. boo holy persons , you think.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 7, 2008, 7:09 am

I guess the proportion of'boo men is relative to the rule of law. Boo man lives above the law, believes the law doesn't apply to him.
Boo men, in societies where the rule of law is generally adhered to, are not as numerous relative to their number in societies where the rule of law is only selectively applied.
A big boo man was arrested here the other day. One of the biggest coppers in New South Wales. Allegedly $1 mill in debt and involved the a massive importation of pre cursor chemicals used for speed. The rule of law is applied and many others consider whether boo mans choices were wise.
In a society where boo man is untouchable why not just join in the chorus. No consequences, no guilt and no shame. In fact a right of passage.
Watch Me!!

Guns482
udonmap.com

Post by Guns482 » June 7, 2008, 7:30 am

I guess the proportion of'boo men is relative to the rule of law. Boo man lives above the law, believes the law doesn't apply to him.

from the above idf that is rue, then that is why so many BOO men here, law is unimpartially enforced the bigger you are the less the law is enforced. Likewise many law enforcers are BOO men so the wheel is complete.
As for joining the wheel, sorry not an option as a farang you may get away with it for a short time then another BOO man whould object and you would get your just desserts.
Know they exist, be wary and smile.
Guns

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 7, 2008, 7:41 am

Sorry Guns I didn't mean to imply it was an option for farang. Although there will always be those who believe in their own invincibility.
Just an option for the thai boy (or girl??) born into the right place and time.
Watch Me!!

Will Power
udonmap.com

Post by Will Power » June 7, 2008, 9:57 am

udoncrazy wrote:Don't you mean baa men?
Baa men are only found in Welsh valley's and the outback.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » June 7, 2008, 10:21 am

I never heard of BOO MEN before.But All the countries I been to.I have never seen such rude arrogant selfish people as Thais.
Swami is dead on track.This is one obstacle we have to endure here.But I must say not all Thais the same.Some are really polite.It all depends on their upbringing I guess.Tipical example, wait to be served,along comes a person,throws her/his purchases infront of yours!Do they think they are better person than Farang?
These people are just beyond my comprehension!
SMILE? Thats hard! Just want kick their ass back in the queue!

konstabel els
udonmap.com

Post by konstabel els » June 7, 2008, 10:36 am

mortiboy wrote:I never heard of BOO MEN before.But All the countries I been to.I have never seen such rude arrogant selfish people as Thais.
Swami is dead on track.This is one obstacle we have to endure here.But I must say not all Thais the same.Some are really polite.It all depends on their upbringing I guess.Tipical example, wait to be served,along comes a person,throws her/his purchases infront of yours!Do they think they are better person than Farang?
These people are just beyond my comprehension!
SMILE? Thats hard! Just want kick their ass back in the queue!
so why didn't you ' kick their ass ' if you you and all the other whinging westerners dont like it, you can always live somewhere else.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 7, 2008, 11:14 am

im happy where i live now thanks, about 40 k from you, should be far enough. if you dont like people expresing thier opinions. dont read this forum. and if you have to, dont whinge about what you see.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”