Post by Guns482 » June 9, 2008, 2:12 pm

see post on Blood group register i posted today 090608

Guns

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » June 12, 2008, 12:43 pm

Update:
Post members and friends of the Post,

Clarence Tucker and Larry Phelps visited the Farang in Aek Udon Hospital on Wednesday, June 11 and had these updates on his status. Clarence visited the individual, who is American, in the morning. Clarence reported that man's name was Charles Wayne Busaway (not sure of spelling of last name), and that he needed several pints of A Negative blood. Clarence also mentioned that Aek Udon told him that any blood donor must be younger than 60, have no history of hepatitis, sugar diabetes, or kidney problems.

Larry Phelps visited the individual yesterday afternoon and had this to report. He is indeed American and is married to a local woman; they reside in the Udon Thani area. Anyone wishing to visit and/or donate blood for Charles he is in Room 609 in Aek Udon. I'm sure Charles and his family would be grateful.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » June 12, 2008, 2:19 pm

Does anyone know what kind of tests they do on donated blood?

I'm thinking in particular about HIV.

Guns482
udonmap.com

Post by Guns482 » June 12, 2008, 3:28 pm

The tests include blood grouping and normal blood disorders, plus HIV and any other diseases that could affect the recipient.
The up side is that if your blood is found to contain HIV or other life threatening illness, you WILL be informed for your benifit.
The down side is that they cannot check for every little problem so a yearly check would be advantageous for your own peace of mind.
Hope this helps.
Guns

John Faber

Post by John Faber » June 12, 2008, 3:47 pm

I have blood groop A- but I am 75 years old and I dont no if the accept that old blood,because in my country the don,t accept that!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » June 12, 2008, 6:06 pm

John, it would 99% sure be rejected as ur own body has to recover from the blood donation ( 600mls ) this is the equivalent to the blood loss in a # leg or arm/s , that is why young healthy persons are the preferred donor

The cup of tea / coffee at the end isnt to replace the fluid associated with the blood donation, its actually there to make u stay approx 30 mins later to see any adveerse effects to your blood loss and ur blood pressure.

some people do suffer a grade 1 shock - hypotension after a blood donation and need to be monitored etc....

Guns482
udonmap.com

Post by Guns482 » June 13, 2008, 5:15 pm

If Thai hospitals are going to enforce the 60 yr old rule, there will be many problems. I would advocate we put presssure on them to accept blood from anyone healthy under 70, with no history of heart problems.
That should be ok.
Our numbers are small but our requirement could be a lot. I will monitir this and report back with the blood register post. Thanks for identifying a poss problem though.
Guns

michaelangelo

Post by michaelangelo » June 13, 2008, 8:54 pm

I visited the Farang in Aek Udon hospital on Thursday, June 12. He received the blood he needed and was to be discharged today, Friday. He looked quite well when I visited, and he was very happy to be able to leave the hospital after 7 days. Him and his wife were appreciative that quite a few people cared enough to visit and/or try to help out with his need for the rare blood type.

:D

Guns482
udonmap.com

Post by Guns482 » June 13, 2008, 11:02 pm

That is good news, I am glad we could help.
Thanks again for the positive info
Guns

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”