Udon Thani Forum?

General Udon Thani topics only!

Should the forum be restricted to topics about Udon and Thailand?

Yes, I visit this site to learn about Udon and the region
9%
A little off topic stuff is ok but the American politics is driving me crazy. Please limit the threads posted.
36%
The forum is ok as it is, I don't see any need for changes
33%
No, we should be allowed to disscuss whatever we wish
22%

Total votes: 58

Buffalo Soldier
udonmap.com

Udon Thani Forum?

Post by Buffalo Soldier » July 18, 2008, 2:25 pm

I only find time to look at this now and again as my wife and I like to keep up on what might be happening in udon tahni and the changes near the charonsiri shopping mall.

It amazes me that so much of the forum is devoted to us politics. I notice us Europeans are not so obsessed on what is happenning here in Europe. I know when I am in Udon I never want to know what is happening in Europe.

Some seem to suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder and cannot leave the usa in the usa.

Dankjewel.

Guns482
udonmap.com

Post by Guns482 » July 18, 2008, 3:10 pm

One is appreciated of the info our american cousins put on the web site about their politics, it does seem strange they spend so much time discussing the pros and cons, when it is the only country I know that spends millions in electing a person who then spends more millions, somehow the economics do not really add up, especially when this same country wastes billions in telling everyone how good they are in a fight BUT the real question is are they really that good?? :D
Guns

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Forum?

Post by BKKSTAN » July 18, 2008, 3:22 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:I only find time to look at this now and again as my wife and I like to keep up on what might be happening in udon tahni and the changes near the charonsiri shopping mall.

It amazes me that so much of the forum is devoted to us politics. I notice us Europeans are not so obsessed on what is happenning here in Europe. I know when I am in Udon I never want to know what is happening in Europe.

Some seem to suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder and cannot leave the usa in the usa.

Dankjewel.
:lol: you welcome to ask any questions on subjects that interest you and your wife!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 18, 2008, 3:39 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:It amazes me that so much of the forum is devoted to us politics.
Personally I certainly no longer notice this as Lee has created a new area just for these topics and I do not have to read them anymore. I do notice that there are only 61 topics in there which is hardly a large proportion when compared to the number of topics posted that are 100% Udon Thani/Thailand related.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » July 18, 2008, 3:43 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:I only find time to look at this now and again as my wife and I like to keep up on what might be happening in udon tahni and the changes near the charonsiri shopping mall.

Dankjewel.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Totaly agree with you.

Why do we have to have a different thread every time?

We get a new thread if Obama sneezes. A new thread if Bush goes somewhere. I notice when I started this the thread above this one was about abortion in the USA!!!!. The culprit who seems obsessed with US politics is Ricohoc. Do a check and see how many threads he has started on US politics. I personally don't want to log onto the map and see that 50% of the new threads are US politics related.

I think the forum has gone someway in identifying a thread about US politics in the heading, but that hasn't stopped the forum being swamped in US political threads.

I enjoy the banter in the UK football threads. In this we have only 2 threads. Rumours and Predictions. By doing it this way the forum is not swamped with UK football. Why can't the US political threads be contained in 1 or 2 threads?

I know I am not alone in thinking the forum is going downhill at the moment due to this problem.

Having got that off my chest I feel a lot better now.

:D :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 18, 2008, 5:05 pm

Spose its whatever turns you on.Hard to imagine any Brits having any interest whatsoever if their was a thread featuring Gordon Brown and David Cameron :(
Lee has created a new area for the US politics only so us non Americans dont have to view the posts if we dont want.
But agree with Galee about the banter on the footie forum.Although there is great rivalry amongst the teams the posts are MOSTLY good natured and everyone agrees that Man United are the best :^o
Only 3 weeks to go to the Charity Shield !

Zidane
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 18, 2008, 5:34 pm

Zidane wrote:Spose its whatever turns you on.Hard to imagine any Brits having any interest whatsoever if their was a thread featuring Gordon Brown and David Cameron :(
Lee has created a new area for the US politics only so us non Americans dont have to view the posts if we dont want.
But agree with Galee about the banter on the footie forum.Although there is great rivalry amongst the teams the posts are MOSTLY good natured and everyone agrees that Man United are the best :^o
Only 3 weeks to go to the Charity Shield !

Zidane
BOLL*CKS............I DONT =D> =D>

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Post by Frankie 1 » July 18, 2008, 6:05 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:Some seem to suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder and cannot leave the usa in the usa.
If you talk like that on this forum, those Americans will blame you of America bashing, and for being anti America. :lol:

Yes, I agree with you, maybe most of the Americans on this forum are old and retired and have nothing else to do all day?

Alsjeblieft.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » July 18, 2008, 6:12 pm

well i love american politics, and i like to read all the posts on the forth coming elections , it keeps me up to date with whats happening in the world, i hope reagan wins again, he was really good in those B movies, dont you think ? :D :D :D

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » July 18, 2008, 6:23 pm

Cures insomnia ..... I read 1 post and..... :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :lol:
Bring back Saint

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » July 18, 2008, 6:53 pm

i hope reagan wins again
me too!
Americans will blame you of America bashing, and for being anti America.
not sure if anyone can bash yank politics and leadership any more than this yank :shock:
most of the Americans on this forum are old and retired and have nothing else to do all day
fianlly get the damn usa politics, debates segregated, thank you, now i can avoid it mayself, except for an occasional bashing.........................segregated and still crying it's here and have to put up with it. turn the channel. I DO. or so all you old and retired non yanks have nothing better to do all day.

AND, once again my point, you damn f*****g w*****s, i can't say that, but feel free to call me that damn bloody yanker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i say ban all politics and religion, not just forums but world wide, hmm, once again i solve the problems of the world. back to the HUMAN RACE.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 18, 2008, 7:52 pm

Yeah there was something about Ronnie R...that i liked.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 18, 2008, 8:09 pm

To be kind, I think you could say Ronnie was an ordinary president who had some very good people behind him - hence he is now seen as a good president (by some at least).

In total contrast, the incumbent is an idiot, with some bigger idiots behind him - hence he will be (fairly) judged by history as an idiot.

And BS, I totally agree with your OP.

Buffalo Soldier
udonmap.com

Post by Buffalo Soldier » July 18, 2008, 8:12 pm

Frankie 1 wrote:
Buffalo Soldier wrote:Some seem to suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder and cannot leave the usa in the usa.
If you talk like that on this forum, those Americans will blame you of America bashing, and for being anti America. :lol:

Yes, I agree with you, maybe most of the Americans on this forum are old and retired and have nothing else to do all day?

Alsjeblieft.
I certainly would not like to be accused of being Anti -American or bashing as you say but it was more an observation. Maybe I use the site wrong, i open the homepagge and have a quick look to see what is new. As I am working I have to be quick. I see BHO says this, george w does this and then there was that 9/11 conspiracy thing.

I do not post about Balkenende as i do not know who knows him. I just feel it a bit inconsiderate that some post so much about one particular country. As you know we get it on TV and newspapers here... I want to read about lovely udon tahni and i just get more us politics. Oh well I suppose that is just their way.

Een prettige dag.

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Post by Frankie 1 » July 18, 2008, 8:46 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:I do not post about Balkenende as i do not know who knows him.
For the people who don't know him. He looks like Harry Potter and is the head of the tax departement in Holland.

We pay tax, tax, tax, tax and tax, and more tax, and on that tax we pay another tax.
One more reason to live in Thailand. :D

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » July 18, 2008, 9:29 pm

Oh good, now we have a forum on Danish politics too.
:D
Stay atop the grass

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » July 18, 2008, 10:34 pm

Wrong country Pakawala!

But if you want a forum on Danish politics I'm sure there's someone out there who will be able to bore us with it.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 18, 2008, 10:38 pm

They make some excellent Bacon.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » July 18, 2008, 10:48 pm

Pakawala wrote:Oh good, now we have a forum on Danish politics too.
:D
Bejaysus they moved Amsterdam? :shock: :shock: :shock:

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » July 18, 2008, 10:49 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:I notice us Europeans are not so obsessed on what is happenning here in Europe.
I assume you also include the Brits when you mention Europe (not being funny). I'll offer you another angle, Buff, Brits aren't interested in what goes on in European politics so you won't see anything on here related to such. Furthermore, I reckon most Ex-Pat Brits won't discuss UK politics because it's has gone too PC and lost its common sense. It's far more interesting to talk about other posters bowel habits than how Gordon Brown is wrecking the economy! :lol:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”