Drapery Cleaning

General Udon Thani topics only!
bumper
udonmap.com

Drapery Cleaning

Post by bumper » August 1, 2008, 12:13 pm

Anyone know of a place to get drapes cleaned?

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » August 1, 2008, 4:51 pm

We use the one on Thokanuson Road near the Posri road corner. They do the best job. It's the street with all the pickup truck accessories.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 1, 2008, 4:59 pm

agree, i used them 3 times in the last 2 weeks, very professional and good standard.

Its opposite Yamaha / Honda Cycle shop and has lots of suits hanging in the window.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 1, 2008, 7:43 pm

Thanks guys we are probably going to start a painting project in the next few weeks so seems to be a good time do this as well.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 4, 2008, 3:49 pm

Well off I went good directions found one, might have even been the right one. But, I don't think the wife had a clue of what I was trying to do. So maybe yes and maybe no. So two hours of driving in the area and 20 klms later no results. The bood pressure is going sky high, after about ten tries of getting the message across I'm afraid I lose patience.

In my wifes defence she speaks english well but the aunt is staying and now it's a combination of Thai and english. Which normally works out OK as I do understand some Thai. In my defence I have went to Thai classes for two years. But the truth is I can go shopping, find a bus Ect. But they don't teach much about things like this. So my wifes phrase for Thai or Issan for clean the drapes is "Ron Sak Rid". Oh those three little words could have made my life so easy today.

Anyway I gave up, as luck would have it (TT) a friends wife was showing us where to get some upholstery work done. In that process they are chatting way in Thai, and the wife is telling the lady what horses arse I was. I do understand a bit :lol:

The lady say Oh! for that you go right there. It's small place on ring road, in the small complex next to global by the red light 100 baht for a small window 200 baht for a sliding door. They pick up and deliver. So we found a place in spite of me :oops:

How good is the work, don't know yet we get them back Thursday.

Phone number: 081-872-2587 0r 081-717-5361 or 081-054-8744

Sometimes amazes me how things work themslves out here

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 7, 2008, 6:19 pm

Well they got them back on Thursday just as they said. There clean pretty much look new. The took them down and put them back up. They also replaced two draw strings. Price 3200 baht the bedroom house with two very large openings. The other estimate we had was for 5K.

I would use them again

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”