Buying a TCL TV?

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Buying a TCL TV?

Post by parrot » June 17, 2021, 11:03 am

Niggly wrote:
June 17, 2021, 10:25 am
I bought 10 ceiling fans from Thai Watsadu early 2019 & the fiddly little wall tags to hang the remotes have irritated me ever since. A couple of months back I noticed in the spare room the remote holder was a proper holster thing (I know, I know, just don’t ever go in the room often & haven’t used the fan).
I didn’t expect much joy trying to get holsters from Thai Watsadu so I googled the manufacturing company & got contact details in Bangkok. I then pinged them an email asking if they could supply holsters fully intending to buy them but got a reply profusely apologising for the supply error (?) & if I told them my address they’d send some FOC. A box of 10 arrived by Kerry 2 days later.
Customer Service result 👍

Moral to the story, always ask, the worst that can happen is they say no
More joys to witnessing improvements in a developing country! Thanks for the info

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 17, 2021, 11:18 am

I’ve had similar results with Dyson, IKEA & just this weekend Hafele. Can’t really fault their customer service.

It’s probably worth pointing out the worst service I’ve recently had was from a company with European management who kept insisting their shoddy service was because “this is Thailand” rather than sorting out the problem
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » June 17, 2021, 2:27 pm

Even though I was really disappointed with their service department I must give kudos to TCL corporate management which I assume are Thai. I know that the person that contacted us were.
Their response was a almost immediate and really wanted to make sure I was satisfied. Its not the nationality but the attitude toward customer satisfaction.
So, I guess if you keep trying you may get resolution.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 17, 2021, 5:07 pm

The worst that can happen is when they ignore you. Panasonic did that to me when I complained about an inverter air conditioning unit.

The unit never worked properly. Home Pro, where I bought it, sent out a serviceman and he said that it was OK and working properly. It wasn't. Less tan a month after the one year warranty expired, it quit working. Home Pro wanted 9,000 baht to replace a circuit board. The unit went in the garage and I never had it repaired. To add insult to injury, my wife sold it to the junk man for 200 baht. The copper tubing was worth more than that.

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » December 8, 2021, 6:21 am

I've had the same problem with TCL here in Australia, they are hopeless, not interested same as there. I've just started proceedings to take them to court for a refund.

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » December 8, 2021, 11:28 pm

The school where I work installed TVs in every classroom (maybe 40") in every classroom (around 140 of them) about two years ago. There have been no issues in high school, and have not heard of any in primary or KG. They are all LGs. So when I wanted a 75" screen to watch football, and Do Home had them at a very good price, I bought an LG. The school's TVs have LG's "Magic Remote" with interactive pointer (really a remote wave-in-the-air mouse) which I like using and mine lacked, so I bought one from LG on Lazada - abt THB 1,200. Installed more than 12 months now and, just like all those at school, no problems at all.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”