Online shopping in Thailand

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 23, 2012, 9:23 am

As good (or bad) as shopping is in Udon these days, there's no shortage of things that can't be found locally.....especially spare parts.

I'd like to reserve this thread for links to online shopping sites where forum members have had success in obtaining information or products that can't be found locally.

For example, forum member Chriss posted this link today concerning Black and Decker trimmer parts. Thanks for the tip, Chriss!
http://www.weloveshopping.com/template/ ... pid=171179

A few days ago I was looking for info on Briggs Stratton engines for a friend and came across this website. http://www.VBengine.com I sent an email to the director of the company, Mr. Natthawut Viboonpatanawong, [email protected] and received a reply within a few hours. I have since sent him 2 other emails and both were acted on very quickly. His shop deals with 'all things Briggs Stratton', including sit down mowers. While his website is in Thai, there are pictures of the items he has for sale....and Natthawut himself responds in very clear English.

If you need Honda gardening product info/parts, Mr. Tanached at [email protected], www.thailandmower.com likewise responded quickly to several of my emails. His English is quite good. Again, I haven't yet ordered parts from him, but will give him a try next time I need something for my Honda mower.

If anyone else has any personal experience with online shopping (in Thailand only please), please post your info here.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 23, 2012, 11:26 am

Myself and a few friend's have completed purchases with no hassle for our motorbike's using www.motorcycles508.com they have some good deals and are reliable.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 23, 2012, 11:57 am

This is a great idea for a new post. Only drawback I can see with online purchases in Thailand is they will most likely require a local credit card, and I don't know of any foreigners who have one. I certainly don't, and neither does my wife. Perhaps they will allow cash transfers from bank to bank. I would also be apprehensive about using a US credit card given that was an option since I would more than likely not be familiar with the reputation of the Thai company and their website. (not the same as using your credit card on the Walmart website back home and having complete peace of mind) Having said that, I really miss the convenience of online shopping. One of the few things I miss about living in the States.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 23, 2012, 1:07 pm

Most every business in Thailand includes the bank-to-bank transfer option as a means of payment. No need to use a credit card, unless you want to.
There are in fact a multitude of online shopping websites in Thailand.......it's just not easy to find the ones you need. Their web design skills are a few years behind the power curve......nothing worse than dancing cartoon figures on a business website.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » June 23, 2012, 1:19 pm

You can get a local credit card here, the wife and I have one from the Bank of Ayudhya.
Been offered one from Kasikorn.
Also use my HSBC offshore credit card (Jersey) without any problems.

Parrot wrote....
Their web design skills are a few years behind the power curve......nothing worse than dancing cartoon figures on a business website.

Your right Parrot, along with dead and confusing links. Must be losing millions of baht due to poorly constructed websites.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » June 23, 2012, 4:59 pm

For quality health & fitness products:
http://www.thaisupplements.com/th/index.php
Will ship to Udon. Quick service, 2-3 days after they receive payment

What I've done in the past, is an ATM transfer, however you can use Credit Cards or PayPal: http://www.thaisupplements.com/th/payment-t-8.html

The owner is farang, you can contact him here: http://www.thaisupplements.com/th/contact_us.php

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » June 23, 2012, 7:03 pm

Prenders88 wrote: Parrot wrote....
Their web design skills are a few years behind the power curve......nothing worse than dancing cartoon figures on a business website.

Your right Parrot, along with dead and confusing links. Must be losing millions of baht due to poorly constructed websites.
More than the web design failings, I am more concerned with security of Thai computers. Most of the systems here seem to be very basic, and viruses/malware is rampant, even in systems that should know better. I would be concerned allowing them to store any information, so would probably opt for ATM transfer or PayPal if it is offered.

KB

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 23, 2012, 7:10 pm

I have a SCB visa card and Mastercard from Aus, I am registered with PayPal for online purchases and can use either credit card and use PayPal for my own peace of mind, noted only today I have possibly received a scam email from a fraud claiming to be PayPal requesting all personal details, a very authentic looking email, I am now waiting for PayPal to investigate further, they say all mail from them is addressed with your full name on there mail, this was Dear Customer.....be careful with internet purchasing.

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » June 23, 2012, 7:28 pm

That would definitely be a scam coxo. It is easy to make 'official looking' emails, but not so easy to know details about you. Usually if you look at the headers, you will see it is from somewhere other than the real URL. Almost all real places will never ask for personal details, nor provide a link to enter personal details, in an email. They will say something like 'please log into your account and select settings' or somesuch. Anything else should set off alarms.

KB

Jed
udonmap.com

Post by Jed » June 23, 2012, 7:49 pm

Anyone know any good domestic sites for XL size clothes?

How about an online Thai drugstore? A legit one?

This list will indeed be a good resource when completed.

Nice one, Mr. Parrot.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » June 24, 2012, 9:42 am

Prenders88 wrote:You can get a local credit card here, the wife and I have one from the Bank of Ayudhya.
My wife and I have one also (joint account) but we were told "farang cannot use it as visa card....only use it to get money from ATM".

Also, with credit card registered in Australia with Paypal, cannot use here unless you re-register for a fee of some $25.00 I think it was.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » June 24, 2012, 10:47 am

Jed wrote:Anyone know any good domestic sites for XL size clothes?
That would be good to know. Also a site for large shoes would be useful.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » June 24, 2012, 10:57 am

bluejets wrote:
Prenders88 wrote:You can get a local credit card here, the wife and I have one from the Bank of Ayudhya.
My wife and I have one also (joint account) but we were told "farang cannot use it as visa card....only use it to get money from ATM".

Also, with credit card registered in Australia with Paypal, cannot use here unless you re-register for a fee of some $25.00 I think it was.
Which bank?
Ayudhya?
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 24, 2012, 7:59 pm

"Anyone know any good domestic sites for XL size clothes?"

I can't promise they're 'good' but they're available:
http://mueangphetchaburi.olxthailand.co ... -149800264
http://www.lovejumboman.com/
http://www.bigclothshop.com/?lang=th
http://kosamui.olxthailand.com/42-72-xx ... -182666918

Jed
udonmap.com

Post by Jed » June 25, 2012, 3:38 pm

Kinokuniya's BookWeb probably the most comprehensive and professional online bookshop in Thailand: http://www.kinokuniya.com/th/

(Asia Books sells only books that they publish.)

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » July 2, 2012, 4:25 pm

http://www.directtoshop.com/webapp/wcs/ ... 1_10051_-1
by Home Pro. Not sure if this is available in Udon though.

blaserk

Post by blaserk » August 20, 2015, 4:49 pm

I realize this thread is really old, but any help would be appreciated. Anyone know where I can get women's beauty/grooming supplies? Specifically I want body/leg hair bleach (Sally Hansen, Jolene, etc).

davecryan
udonmap.com

Post by davecryan » August 20, 2015, 6:32 pm

Try Lazada.......they have an English Language choice on their website, prompt delivery with COD. My wife buys many of their Beauty products whilst I have bought walking boots and a Mincing machine ( Turkish ) brilliant spec...not Thai cr@p.
I am sure you will find what you want.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 20, 2015, 9:49 pm

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » August 21, 2015, 5:12 am

I've had a couple of successes in obtaining a power cord for a Phillips shaver and cords for window blinds, both from Bangkok and using bank to bank transfer. The Phillips supplier I obtained from a world site and the cords in searching for the manufacturer of blinds obtained from Index(easier and probably a lot cheaper than using Index customer care, I think!).

Reasonably-made clothing is ridiculously cheap here and traders e.g. in Udon's Bo Bay either take occasional trips to Pratunam to do wholesale shopping, or order on the internet. My wife has started to order some clothes for herself online (the latest fashion! :roll: ) and stuff has turned up at silly prices, postage cost free or minimal.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”