Weed Barrier Fabric

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
lee
udonmap.com

Weed Barrier Fabric

Post by lee » October 14, 2012, 6:15 pm

Has anyone seen this stuff for sale in Udon?
weed-barrier.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Weed Barrier Fabric

Post by parrot » October 14, 2012, 6:56 pm

If you can't find what the real McCoy, you might try the black shade material (also comes in green and blue). The material comes in different degrees of shade-blocking capability. There's a store directly across from Kasikorn Bank on Phrosri Rd (just up from Immigration). They have big rolls of the shading material and you can see if it'll fit your need.

lee
udonmap.com

Weed Barrier Fabric

Post by lee » October 15, 2012, 7:45 am

I thought about using that. The only problem is that it's full of holes so I'm not sure it will do the job properly. I may try a small area to test it out.

Shado
udonmap.com

Weed Barrier Fabric

Post by Shado » October 15, 2012, 9:55 am

Lee, the product pictured is a geosynthetic called geotextile. It is also called felt, polyfelt and probably some other names. It comes in both woven and non-woven forms. You might try googling "geotextile Thailand" to possibly find a starting point to locate the product. Good luck.

lee
udonmap.com

Weed Barrier Fabric

Post by lee » October 20, 2012, 5:11 pm

Thanks Shado, I will try the shops in downtown Udon, maybe they have something similar...

Shado
udonmap.com

Weed Barrier Fabric

Post by Shado » October 20, 2012, 5:23 pm

These products are used by contractors to stabilize road subgrades, channels & ditches and as a filter medium along with gravel for some drainage applications. The problem you will probably find is that they are typically sold is long rolls usually too heavy to lift by hand. I don't know how much you need but checking with a road contractor might lead to finding some remnants rolls or pieces. Good luck.

Geotextile aslo comes in varying weights and thickness depending on the proposed application.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Weed Barrier Fabric

Post by bluejets » October 21, 2012, 5:18 am

Depends how much weed barrier you need but I have heard old newspaper works ok.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Weed Barrier Fabric

Post by Khun Paul » October 21, 2012, 7:03 am

I have used almost everything to stop weeds over the last few years and to be honest none really work 100%, some delay the onset for a few months, some even a couple of years. But even with all precautions, some concrete I laid some years ago with all the necessary base and weed control now has a weed poking up through a seemingly minute crack which appeared last year due to ground movement, followinga prolonged bout of rain.

So although you can delay, permanency in weed control is only an aspiration not a certainty.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”