WANTED Air rifle

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
hulumaya

WANTED Air rifle

Post by hulumaya » November 12, 2012, 8:00 pm

I am looking for a powerfull air rifle or can anyone avise me on where i can buy one. Thanks

mortiboy
udonmap.com

WANTED Air rifle

Post by mortiboy » November 12, 2012, 9:05 pm

hulumaya wrote:I am looking for a powerfull air rifle or can anyone avise me on where i can buy one. Thanks
YES I like know? Used be able to buy at the market alongside the river market at Nong Khai.
Now seems :" NO HAB"

papaguido
udonmap.com

WANTED Air rifle

Post by papaguido » November 12, 2012, 9:13 pm

On Phosi rd. opposite McDonald's is a shop with camo clothing on display out front. They carry both hand guns & rifles. The hand guns are Chinese made, not sure about the rifles.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

WANTED Air rifle

Post by pienmash » November 12, 2012, 9:45 pm

Many moons ago i brought in a 22 pellet air rifle ,, a Spainish make bought in the UK and carried in thru somethibng to declare at Don Muang ,,, git thru ok then after a year the farm i was living on in Buriram got a visit from the gun police looking for the thn wives brothers rat rifles ,, they found my piece n confiscated it BASTARDS ,,,, right in the middle of sugar harvest and rat shooting season ..

Do you need a licence for an air rifle .77 or .22 pellet not bullet ? and is the amo readily available here ?? ,,, and are these the kind of guns you mean on Phosri rd Papa .

mash

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

WANTED Air rifle

Post by GARYZX6R » November 12, 2012, 10:13 pm

An air rifle firing lead pellets is classified as a firearm and as such will need a licence. Don't get caught without a licence not worth it.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

WANTED Air rifle

Post by mortiboy » November 12, 2012, 11:07 pm

Years ago, I bought a air rifle from Nong khai.
Real powerful it was. But the son in law nicked it .
You know what? I went Nong khai to buy a toy gun shoot caps
I was told "No Hab" Government forbid sell!

Bonanza
udonmap.com

WANTED Air rifle

Post by Bonanza » November 13, 2012, 12:43 am

Sound advice from Gary. I assume that your wife owns the 'farm', and as such obtaining a licence is quite easy and straight forward.

Saboo
udonmap.com

WANTED Air rifle

Post by Saboo » November 13, 2012, 12:59 am

Your wife may be able to get a licence but you will not... Getting caught using it will get you in very hot water... Its not worth it...

Mr. Saboo

papaguido
udonmap.com

WANTED Air rifle

Post by papaguido » November 13, 2012, 5:42 am

pienmash wrote:Many moons ago i brought in a 22 pellet air rifle ,, a Spainish make bought in the UK and carried in thru somethibng to declare at Don Muang ,,, git thru ok then after a year the farm i was living on in Buriram got a visit from the gun police looking for the thn wives brothers rat rifles ,, they found my piece n confiscated it BASTARDS ,,,, right in the middle of sugar harvest and rat shooting season ..

Do you need a licence for an air rifle .77 or .22 pellet not bullet ? and is the amo readily available here ?? ,,, and are these the kind of guns you mean on Phosri rd Papa .

mash
No idea what caliber or type ammo. I thought they were replicas when I saw them, but a friend purchased a hand gun there assured me they're air rifles.

mak
udonmap.com

WANTED Air rifle

Post by mak » November 13, 2012, 7:14 am

There is a store in the Nevada IT Complex, left rear, that sells air guns, plastic and ceramic pellets, compressed air cans, clothes, etc. At least it was there a few months ago.

mykthemin
udonmap.com

WANTED Air rifle

Post by mykthemin » November 13, 2012, 7:28 am

They are called BB guns here and are nothing more than a glorified toy! totally useless for hunting anything.

papaguido
udonmap.com

WANTED Air rifle

Post by papaguido » November 13, 2012, 8:28 am

papaguido wrote:On Phosi rd. opposite McDonald's is a shop with camo clothing on display out front. They carry both hand guns & rifles. The hand guns are Chinese made, not sure about the rifles.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

WANTED Air rifle

Post by pienmash » November 13, 2012, 9:42 am

Suppose it depends on wot you want an air rifle for ,,, popping soi dogs or tin cans target shooting ,, i reckon Garyzner hit the nail on the head , at the end of the day without a licence its breaking the firearms law ,,,,,, however IF i lived out in the sticks i would take the risk in the town ,, no thanks.

mash

fatbob
udonmap.com

WANTED Air rifle

Post by fatbob » November 13, 2012, 10:08 am

The wife's sisters ex from England bought one over a few years ago, he's not around now and I never really use it that much, I shot all the annoying Englishmen in the area so I may sell it, drop me a PM, I'm out at Phen on the 24th and 25th this month.

hulumaya

WANTED Air rifle

Post by hulumaya » November 14, 2012, 9:27 am

If you do want to sell it. Let me know. Thanks

hulumaya

WANTED Air rifle

Post by hulumaya » November 14, 2012, 9:44 am

I live out in the sticks and we have enough land for me to get lost in with a rifle. But if i get one i will still look into getting a lisence

mykthemin
udonmap.com

WANTED Air rifle

Post by mykthemin » November 14, 2012, 1:29 pm

Only Thais can get a licence for a gun, so the wife/girlfriend can use it but officially you cannot, so don't upset the locals!!

fatbob
udonmap.com

WANTED Air rifle

Post by fatbob » November 14, 2012, 4:37 pm

I'm not so sure an air rifle falls under the same rules as a fire arm? They are different. The immigration and customs at Swampy let my old English mate in with his air rifle, it was declared and checked out then he was on his way, should he have required a license or permit I'm sure they wouldn't have let him in with it and then travel on to Udon.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”