REPAIR Blood pressure monitor

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » March 30, 2014, 8:58 pm

I have a MICROLIFE BP 3AQ1 blood pressure monitor, ceased functioning this afternoon...Sunstroke maybe .. 5555
Does anyone know a shop that would test, calibrate, and REPAIR it.
Thanks in advance

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » March 31, 2014, 8:08 am

Have had good results for a number of electronic appliances repaired at Amorn, although not sure if they service medical equipment. Amorn is located in the ground floor of "old" Big C. May be call for info: 222 438-9

http://www.amorngroup.com/en/branch.php

Alternatively, you can check with a medical equipment supplier.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » March 31, 2014, 8:23 am

I had a Mircolife Blood presure monitor back in the states that started malfunctioning. I contacted Microlife Customer Service that was listed on the Unit and they had me try several things that did not work. They sent me a replacement monitor because the monitor was still under warranty and I returned the defective unit to Microlife. They were very good to deal with. Check with Microlife your monitor may be still under warranty.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » March 31, 2014, 10:59 am

Although I agree that the Amorn shop is good for repairing electronics it's the calibrating that you need to be bang on with.
I tried a few similar repair stores in BKK some time back when my first BP monitor ceased to work and they all responded they couldn't calibrate medical equipment. The only medical suppliers I found then didn't do repair/calibration and had no recommendations, just wanted to sell me a new hospital style unit.
Decided to buy a new monitor instead of repair, decent units only £50, I bought the one I use now on eBay, an Omron and I take it to the quack with me for comparison when I do my yearly MOT. so far so good.
A friend bought a new unit last year in Boots in BKK, maybe they have them in Boots, Central Plaza.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 1, 2014, 6:17 am

The only place that could do a recalibration , would be the bio medical department of the major hospitals in Udon.

Its got to be recalibrated to a mercury unit, as BP is measured in mmHg .

Did my thesis on the reliability of BP units , both electronic and manual devices in the pre hospital care environment ( ambulances, helicopters, retrieval planes and in patients homes ) and they don't handle being moved , dropped etc

Can be out by up to 25% !! and that's scary,

If I was having my BP done in a clinical setting I would be looking for the calibration sticker, and the date,

Normally done every 6 months maximum.

If a hospital uses an electronic unit and then tells you , ur Hyper or Hypotensive , ask for a manual reading, on your left arm and see the result !

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » April 1, 2014, 10:53 am

Check you owners manual. My Microlife Blood Pressure monitor has a life time warranty.
Here is a link to their web site with world wide customer service centers.

http://www.microlife.com/support/worldwide/
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

the-monk
udonmap.com

REPAIR (DONE ) Blood pressure monitor

Post by the-monk » April 22, 2014, 10:48 am

The unit had been purchased at Makro UD… On the original box they had the name of the distributor. (Samaphan Health Co.,Ltd. ) . I emailed them and the very next day I had a reply from Miss Nattida Winaikulnirat , instructing me to return the unit.. She then asked for 100 Baht for return postage.
This morning I got my Microlife BPM , cleaned and with a new arm band, free of charge, within 3 weeks, despite being SONGKRAN… Great..
Ms Nattida Winaikulnirat services were excellent..

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 22, 2014, 11:21 am

Good news! Good service! I don't know if it'd make much difference to her, but you might want to email her this link.......proof positive that one small good deed might result in a few new customers!
Thanks for following up your post with the results.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » April 22, 2014, 12:09 pm

Earlier this morning in a thank-you note to Miss Winaikulnirat i included this link..

shahalam

Post by shahalam » June 5, 2014, 1:04 am

Blood pressure monitor is essential. I measure my blood pressure tiwce in 30 minnutes!!

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”