gloss paint

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
timmy
udonmap.com

gloss paint

Post by timmy » July 24, 2014, 10:40 am

does any1 know where to buy GOOD quality gloss paint ??? i,ve just tried my second brand , that i bought myself
because the first brand ( lobster brand ) my mrs bought was crap , from the big paint shop oppersite "global house" i asked for good quality but at only 200 baht a lt , i thought it would be no good , correct crap again ,
i only want a lt or so to do 2 doors but its turning into a BIG job ... :crying: plus if you know the price i should be paying that will help before i buy for the 3rd time .

macca46
udonmap.com

gloss paint

Post by macca46 » July 24, 2014, 10:46 am

Maybe you should try "do home" they have Dulux which I have used in AUS. many times very good quality

fatbob
udonmap.com

gloss paint

Post by fatbob » July 24, 2014, 11:20 am

If your going for full gloss then make sure its oil based.

reddevil
udonmap.com

gloss paint

Post by reddevil » July 25, 2014, 7:40 am

Go to same shop as before ask for Jotun for this you will also pay a higher price than all the other crap.

reddevil
udonmap.com

gloss paint

Post by reddevil » July 25, 2014, 7:43 am

Jotum Gardex is what you need, you can also google search Jotun gardex Thailand to get the spec good luck.

timmy
udonmap.com

gloss paint

Post by timmy » July 25, 2014, 7:51 am

reddevil wrote:Go to same shop as before ask for Jotun for this you will also pay a higher price than all the other crap.
thanks for that reddevil , i,ll try and find him , but the lady who served me did speak some english , and when you ask for good paint you would think they would try and sell you best first time , if not it looks like a trip to " do home " for some good old "dulux" ( if spelt correct ) thanks .

BossHogg69
udonmap.com

gloss paint

Post by BossHogg69 » July 25, 2014, 8:07 am

Do not thin it with spirit as most Thai painters do, as it is then ruined.

maaka
udonmap.com

gloss paint

Post by maaka » July 25, 2014, 8:27 am

ask for him ?
Timmy, I dont think Jotum Gardex is a ' him ', but rather a thai paint..
should have seen me one day in a Thai hardware shop, doing a pantomine about a wanting a rubber plunger on a stick, with sounds included..they stood behind the counter agog, elbowing each other at this weird farang...

timmy
udonmap.com

gloss paint

Post by timmy » July 25, 2014, 8:47 am

maaka wrote:ask for him ?
Timmy, I dont think Jotum Gardex is a ' him ', but rather a thai paint..
should have seen me one day in a Thai hardware shop, doing a pantomine about a wanting a rubber plunger on a stick, with sounds included..they stood behind the counter agog, elbowing each other at this weird farang...
cheers for telling me that maaka , or i,d have been shouting all around the shop is " jotum gardex " working today where is the lazy b@st@rd ... :-" . the paint they sold me before was called " super sef hybrid " hybrid must be a cross between , milkshake and dog poop .....

reddevil
udonmap.com

gloss paint

Post by reddevil » July 25, 2014, 9:37 am

Jotum Gardex paint is a high quality paint Japanese brand and is used on ships as an example. As I said it is simple to do a google search and you will get all the info on the paint.

parrot
udonmap.com

gloss paint

Post by parrot » July 25, 2014, 9:52 am

I'll echo what bosshogg says and add......you can buy the best paint on the market, but if your painters cut it with too much water or thinner, the paint job will be worthless. When they apply the paint, you won't know the difference, but after a year or less, it'll flake or turn to dust.
We've had very good luck with exterior Captain and the highest quality exterior TOA house paints. Both are a semi-gloss (water based). But if you don't stand over your painters, they'll over thin the paint to make it easier to apply.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”