Grout-tile Silicone Sealant

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » February 4, 2016, 5:02 pm

I will clean an old bathroom in a Thai style house. Each ceramic tile will be brush clean and then wash with bleach as a disinfectant. Each grout joint will get the same treatment and finally i would like to seal both of them ( tiles and joints ) to prevent dirt, dust accumulation. Before coming to Thailand i have used Liquid Silicone that you apply with a small brush on the joint. Has anyone seen Liquid Silicone in UD ? One other possibility would be to use a ceramic tile sealant on both tiles and joints. I have vever employ tile sealant in the past so i am not sure it would get the expected results.
Suggestions and comments welcome.
Thanks to all.

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » February 5, 2016, 11:52 am

I have had more success using plain white vinegar for cleaning silicone, if that doesn't work baking soda will!
Never heard of a silicone "sealant" be interesting to see if anybody has?
Chers

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » February 5, 2016, 4:14 pm

TILE & GROUT SEALER is a solvent-based silane / siloxane water repellent / waterproof sealer which has been purposely formulated to treat dense substrates such as tile and grout providing deep penetration to reduce water absorption without changing the surface appearance. It is most suitable as a bathroom sealer, shower sealer, balcony sealer or kitchen sealer where there are tiled walls and floors. It can be used for glazed or unglazed terracotta, ceramic, porcelain tiles or other polished masonry surfaces. The sealer is also suitable for a wide variety of applications including being used as stone sealer, brick sealer, concrete sealer, paving sealer, tile sealer and grout sealer. Click here for the TILE & GROUT SEALER Data Sheet.

More detail here....
http://www.techdry.com.au/water-repellent-sealers.html

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”