Ceiling Fans

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
AlexO
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by AlexO » March 4, 2016, 8:54 am

Hi Guys
Does anyone know of a supplier in UT of ceiling fans that have remote controls, I do not like these bulky wall mounted controllers.
Any help is greatly a appreciated.

parrot
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by parrot » March 4, 2016, 2:54 pm

I've seen them....Homepro, Global. But it's been some time since I noticed.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 4, 2016, 3:07 pm

If you want top quality MrKen will ship for about 150 Bhat, remote control AC 3 speed or DC 6 speed units
image.jpg
An example
image.jpg (8.97 KiB) Viewed 3787 times
image.jpg
A different kind
image.jpg (9.52 KiB) Viewed 3787 times
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

bluejets
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by bluejets » March 4, 2016, 3:23 pm

Not so bulky controller....(if it helps)
Attachments
2031VF3CAWE.jpg

fatbob
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by fatbob » March 4, 2016, 6:05 pm

Remotes fail and cost money both receiver and remote, switches never fail, keep that in mind. A light dimmer can also be used as a control switch.

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by kubotatim » March 5, 2016, 7:51 am

I find a good wall mounted fan far better than the ceiling ones and far easier to install and most come with excellent remotes, far cheaper too? Tesco/big c have loads.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by bluejets » March 5, 2016, 8:11 am

coxo wrote:Remotes fail and cost money both receiver and remote, switches never fail, keep that in mind. A light dimmer can also be used as a control switch.
Yes a light dimmer can be used , I use one in my workshop, BUT as they are thyristor controlled i.e. chopped waveform, and they can create noise especially at lower end speeds which will drive one nuts if in a bedroom and at night.

Barney
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by Barney » March 5, 2016, 8:51 am

AlexO wrote:Hi Guys
Does anyone know of a supplier in UT of ceiling fans that have remote controls, I do not like these bulky wall mounted controllers.
Any help is greatly a appreciated.
Cant help with the address in UT but there are a few designated electric lighting shops selling some modern styles.

Do some home work prior to buying a remote type and consider what you really want. :-k
Does the fan have a light....remotes can adjust the fan speed and the dimming of the light
or if installing just a fan you can have the fan on off and speed control

As already suggested there are good controllers that are not bulky and fit directly where the light switch is, actually bulky types have all but faded away.
Bluejets is correct and light dimmers as controller will most likely cause noise at the low speed end.

Like all household remotes don't misplace or lose it.... and have spare batteries... :D

mickojak
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by mickojak » March 5, 2016, 9:24 am

I considered this also, but just decided to go with the chain.
Fans aren't something that you need to adjust all the time like a tv.
Just turn it on, chose the speed, thne it runs for hours.
I just decided to keep it simple.
Less chance of problems.
mick

AlexO
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by AlexO » March 5, 2016, 12:23 pm

Thanks Guys
Some food for thought in all the replys. Considered chain control but feel ceilings are too high for easy use, might reconsider if I can convince wify to use a pole with a hook.
Thanks again.
Alex

macca46
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by macca46 » March 5, 2016, 12:28 pm

You can buy chain extensions from both Do Home and Home Hub and probably the rest of them as well.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by mickojak » March 5, 2016, 12:59 pm

Macca is correct.
i have 3m ceilings.
builder just extended them down to just above head height.
no problem.
mick

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by RLTrader » March 5, 2016, 3:32 pm

Use to have a unit which you install into the fan and it came with a remote. Put them into all my fans in US and loved them, as the temp changed fan speed would increase/decrease.

Looked for something like that here about 10 years ago and could not find anything. But it seems like a couple of years ago, saw something at Global House. Can't remember why I didn't buy, maybe just to expensive?

papaguido
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by papaguido » March 5, 2016, 4:06 pm

Ceiling fan extension rods are also available and can be found in the same section as the chain extensions and I believe I've seen remote control kits for standard ceiling fans (similar to photo).

Image Image

bluejets
udonmap.com

Ceiling Fans

Post by bluejets » March 6, 2016, 6:30 am

Best of luck trying to fit those receivers into the fan top housing.

They are a REAL pain in the butt..........POS.

Only way is to relocate the fan wiring off to one side of the top cowl AND only one cable(no looping)
Even then, still a pain... :evil:

RLTrader
udonmap.com

SunLight Ceiling Fans

Post by RLTrader » August 28, 2017, 6:09 pm

Anyone know who carries SunLight Ceiling fans in Udon?

Bought a bunch about 10 years ago at Global House, but last time there a few days ago, don't know the brands, but saw none that seemed like the one to replace.

Found a shop in Bangkok with the brand plus they carry remotes and will ship to Udon, but seem to be off the price scale.

Seems like 10 years ago I paid around 1,500 baht per unit, today a similar unit cost 6,300. WTF 300+% increase?

Plan on making the rounds of shops on NK road tomorrow, guess I am planning to be shocked. :lol:

If anyone is looking for a remote like this
C ADR01.jpg
Looks like what I had in America and was very happy with for many many years

price is 1950 plus shipment

Thinking I will be ordering 1 as a test case and depending on the pain of installing and if it works ok will order a couple more

Oh why am I replacing the fan? Well its has pull chains 1 for light, 1 for fan and it seems that either wife or son pulled the chain for the light a little to hard and it broke the chain inside the switch. Tried to get someone to replace, said he could order, but never showed up, too busy. Found a switch at electric shop, but the dam thing will not fit, plus its a 2 and not a 3 - It works but is just hang out and can't light all at once.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: SunLight Ceiling Fans

Post by Marcosteffano » August 28, 2017, 6:24 pm

RLTrader wrote:
August 28, 2017, 6:09 pm
Anyone know who carries SunLight Ceiling fans in Udon?

Bought a bunch about 10 years ago at Global House, but last time there a few days ago, don't know the brands, but saw none that seemed like the one to replace.

Found a shop in Bangkok with the brand plus they carry remotes and will ship to Udon, but seem to be off the price scale.

Seems like 10 years ago I paid around 1,500 baht per unit, today a similar unit cost 6,300. WTF 300+% increase?

Plan on making the rounds of shops on NK road tomorrow, guess I am planning to be shocked. :lol:

If anyone is looking for a remote like this

C ADR01.jpg

Looks like what I had in America and was very happy with for many many years

price is 1950 plus shipment

Thinking I will be ordering 1 as a test case and depending on the pain of installing and if it works ok will order a couple more
Im doing lazada when I can,pay on delivery.i just paid half price for my electric gate motor than my pal did but I have to install it myself with worker for 450b...when I went in the shop I got quoted 30,000b and oh it be 3-4 days come from bkk.no it comes from lazada and you want to earn 15,000b for installing it.the days of these types of shops are numbered.pity eBay wasn't here but it's the crippling costs of import.shame the rest of the world didn't tax thai rice and goods like these buggers do.

wazza
udonmap.com

Re: Ceiling Fans

Post by wazza » August 28, 2017, 6:27 pm

There is a lighting shop that has recently relocated and now opposite Toyota on the KK Road. ( Old Full Moon bar )

I bought all my ceiling fans from them few years ago.

All wired into wall switches

Well priced.. They got mine in from BKK, took about 2-3 days from memory

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 28, 2017, 6:37 pm

any idea how much each unit cost?

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 28, 2017, 6:43 pm

bought 5 as a 1 off purchase , sorry cant remember,